• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Giant Punch out of sheild

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
is probably the greatest thing in the history of smash. guaronteed giant punches abound.

huzah!

best if you powersheild of course.

Boolossus

Smash Ace
Wow. Just wow. I don't think that there's anything in the history of smash -no, the history of the world that's as great as this. I propose a toast to GimpyFish, the head of this great expedition into the gameplay of brawl, because he is just so awesomely great. This "Giant Punch out of sheild" will surely have an impact not only on our small smash community, but on the today's society. It will change how future generation view us. Our generation was one of great promise, and discovery. This "Giant Punch out of shield" has revolutionized my world, and has solved all of my problems. Thank you GimpyFish, thank you so, so much.

stryderhyru

Smash Journeyman
wait gimpy....u borrowed pm's brawl and have been finding things out huh? lol xP we can always exspect gimpy to find sumthing cool out of a great game

Pyr0

Smash Ace
Daaaaauuuuuumnnnn!

This plus the ability to do turn-arounds with the Donkey Punch (hehe) make it a really good move in Brawl.

I guess DK deserves it after getting shafted with the U-air nerf.

Hardcorenesser

Smash Journeyman
Wow. Just wow. I don't think that there's anything in the history of smash -no, the history of the world that's as great as this. I propose a toast to GimpyFish, the head of this great expedition into the gameplay of brawl, because he is just so awesomely great. This "Giant Punch out of sheild" will surely have an impact not only on our small smash community, but on the today's society. It will change how future generation view us. Our generation was one of great promise, and discovery. This "Giant Punch out of shield" has revolutionized my world, and has solved all of my problems. Thank you GimpyFish, thank you so, so much.
Ya, something like that... also, do you have any videos of it? Just curious, I believe you, of course.

Pyr0

Smash Ace
Hey Gimpy

could you possibly try how viable the next thing is:

Charge Donkey Punch, wait to be attacked, cancel the charge, shield (powershield is better) and DK Punch him.

Is it possible, fast, or something along the lines?

Kyle_Wattula

Smash Journeyman
Cool, now we have the optimum Mid damage punish from parry.

Low Damage should be Parry, grapple, attack, Cargo, Jumping Ftoss, Uair.
High Damage should be Parry, Dsmash.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
Cool, now we have the optimum Mid damage punish from parry.

Low Damage should be Parry, grapple, attack, Cargo, Jumping Ftoss, Uair.
High Damage should be Parry, Dsmash.
is parrying the same as pivoting?

Kyle_Wattula

Smash Journeyman
No, Parry is the same as "Power shielding". When you just frame guard with extra time to punish.

Pivot is a turn-around fox trot. Mainely used to desync IC's and extend Garpple lengths. Pivot grappe is bigger than standing grapple.

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
because you can actually do it effectively?
o.O that would be horrendous in melee, in this game dropping your sheild takes like one frame, and you have startup super armor on the move anyways, basically (depending on the lag of the attack that hit your shield) this is a free giant punch

Kyle_Wattula

Smash Journeyman
Wait... What does SA frames have to do with it. Unless your stating that-

"Parry, DK punch is NOT GURANTEED on most Parry's only some heavier moves & assuming they do recover and for some reason don't spot dodge/roll, The SA frames will come in handy".

If this doesn;t work on most attacks, than this thread is definately over-hype.

I will test this out later this evening Monkey soldiers. =)

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
no its pretty much guaronteed to land, but if you do it on a character with minor lag and they try to pressure you on sheild drop they get ***** too

it's pretty freaking amazing.

i was just sorta sayin about the super armor.

Top Bottom