• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ghost concept...

lilmister

Smash Apprentice
Do you think that in a brawl+ or the next smash or in any smash title that there could be a ghost concept? Like how in Tekken players can have a profile and can assign a number of characters to that profile. Then as that user plays with his/her character continuously, the system learns the way he/she plays and creates an AI based on his/her playstyle. This sort of idea would be really useful in terms of training rather than the single "minded" computer.

*Sorry if I didn't have to make a new thread about it...it's just that I wanted discussion about this concept to happen in one place rather than in the two main project threads. My apologies*

I'm not entirely sure that the CPUs don't do that already on a small scale.

I swear my Ness picked up on my nair wall of pain and began using it in place of his fair, which every Ness player I've known sans me uses.

That's a nice thought though. Being able to fight against your main with a second and see how it stacks up.

VietGeek

Smash Hero
Each CPU already is programmed differently. The more you play a character, the better habits it picks up.

For example, the Wolf CPU has copied all my Brawl+ antics and have used them in vB w/ decent results. o_O

How well a CPU 'ghosts' you depends on the character (some CPUs are programmed rather lazily, *cough*Donkey Kong*cough*), and how often you play that character.

Top Bottom