• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

GGPO in a namco game (don't know what ggpo is, read the post)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cropcircles

Smash Rookie
http://ggpo.net/

GGPO, the best netcode ever for fighting games, is now being included in Namco Bandai's Dragon Ball Zendai Battle royal arcade game.
capcom decided not to use it in sf4 or ssf4, tekken didn't use it (or have good netcode in general) and other companies haven't used it either.
and the game that uses it... is a DBZ game... for the japanese arcades. oh, jesus christ. this is both awesome and sad at the same time. the awesome part that the game gets it, no hate on the game as it's probably gonna be awesome, because ggpo is lovely, the sad part that fighting game developers are morons that neglect its existence and deliver ****ty to mediocre netcode time after time.

http://shoryuken.com/content/dragon-ball-zenkai-battle-royale-using-ggpo-2581/

i basically stopped caring for brawl after the japanese launch, but it's one funny tidbit about this.
since ggpo basically works peer-to-peer (meaning only two players) the DBZ game supports 3-4 players on this netcode. basically that means that this could work for smash online in the future.

i guess you guys have to take the fight up a notch. it this proves to be worth the praise ( i think ggpo is wonderful as it is now), then you should push for this to be included in the next smash (if nintendo actually starts getting serious about online)

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
online still wont be as perfect as offline is, but this ggpo system looks solid

i was speaking with some SF people yesterday and apparently some of nintendos new launch titles will be friend code less as they're starting to get away from that mess

imo if the system is that good it just needs more of the spot light

DtJ Glyphmoney

Summoned from a trading card
BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
Interesting, but this board is for current online discussion, not speculation on the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom