• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Getting the kill.

monzer

Smash Journeyman
Ive been having some trouble with getting the kill as villager, especially against faster characters. It seems like Villager has no reliable kill setups, is this true? As a reference, I usually Get my kills with:

F-smash off the ledge: this is probably how I get most of my kills as Villager and it kills super early, but it's not very reliable and I need to get my opponent off the ledge first.

D-smash>U-smash: I use this a lot, but Down smash is punishable and sometimes the opponent breaks out before I use up smash. How long should I charge Up smash before releasing?

Riding on Side-B: I'm not sure how viable this, since it's very predictable and even if you hit the opponent you still die, but I like to use it off stage for early kills, usually when I have a stock lead. I've also been using it against Little Macs who try to recover with side-B.

Back Throw: This seems like Villagers only reliable kill move, but it kills at 130% percent.

So basically, are there any other good kill moves on Villager.

Last edited:

AJL

Smash Cadet
NNID
jplacura
3DS FC
3110-5257-7666
Answer to your main question:
Axe works as a nice OoS punish that kills.
A half watered sapling that you grow into a tree could catch your opponent, but it won't work when they catch on.
3-Turnip UAir/DAir can kill, but is more luck-reliant.
Close range slingshots kill at higher percents.
And of course Villager has all of those off stage gimping shenanigans.

Answers to your other questions:
I don't charge USmash. If it doesn't kill I juggle with UAir.
Ledge FSmash is sort of situational.
I don't ride the Lloid unless there's a tree I can ride into in case I miss.

Last edited:

JohnnyB

Smash Journeyman
Utilt and dtilt also kill around 130%. Utilt is good for rolls and catches aerials or characters that are right in your face. Dtilt has almost the same frame data add ftilt but you need to hit them close to kill.

Last edited:
Top Bottom