• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Getting the kill

Do you struggle to win with Jigglypuff?

• yes

Votes: 12 70.6%
  • no

Votes: 5 29.4%

• Total voters

phantom man

Smash Journeyman
So, I have a pretty easy time getting my opponent to 100% and above. I just have a problem taking the stock, are there any moves besides bair and rest that kill at a reasonable percent?

Infinite901

Smash Ace
NNID
Infinite901
3DS FC
3282-4624-0341
Sweetspot nair and f-smash ain't horrible. Gimping is good too if you can.

Overall though not many options to kill with Jiggs, if you don't land a Rest you are going to be killing them very late.

RavensArk

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
3480-2573-0129
Jigglypuffs Uptilt kills light characters at around 100% and mid weights at around 120%
Nair offstage is a good kill move.
Roll out is a good mix up that kills on characters with no counter or projectiles.

Infinite901

Smash Ace
NNID
Infinite901
3DS FC
3282-4624-0341
Roll out is a good mix up that kills on characters with no counter or projectiles.
Sometimes I like to use the turnaround frames on Rollout to bait out a counter and punish coming back. Doesn't usually work on Shulk though.

MisterDom

Smash Ace
NNID
MisterDom
3DS FC
1091-7673-8661
Up tilt
Side tilt at edge and at higher percent
Rollout
Fair
Bair
Nair
Uair at higher percents
Side smash
Pound at higher percents
Rest

These are the only moves that you'll usually kill with. Dair can help, but not kill much. Gimping is also usually with these moves.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Aside from clean neutral air, back air, up tilt, and dash attack, Jigglypuff doesn't have much in the way of reliable KO options.

Kalierdarke

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kalierdarke
Up tilt
Side tilt at edge and at higher percent
Rollout
Fair
Bair
Nair
Uair at higher percents
Side smash
Pound at higher percents
Rest

These are the only moves that you'll usually kill with. Dair can help, but not kill much. Gimping is also usually with these moves.
you forgot downsmash against characters with bad horizontal recovery. it's as likely to connect as a side smash and sends them far off and down. Dash Attack also kills if you sweetspot it, just make sure it's going to connect with the opponent and not their shield. And sing puts post 80%(100% to be safe) opponents into a position for an easy kill so it can be considered a kill option as well.

I actually got a sing KO as an edgeguard option today(opponent just got up and was going to grab)

Top Bottom