• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Getting Out Of The Air

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
As it stands right now, it seems like Mac's finished after being launched once. Should that happen, how would one land without getting juggled?

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
As it stands right now, it seems like Mac's finished after being launched once. Should that happen, how would one land without getting juggled?
Nair if they get too close (it's really fast), Slip Counter if you can predict a hit, Jolt Haymaker
if you're desperate to get out of a juggle.

...Does Straight Lunge still give armor when charging in the air?

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
I don't know about straight lunge giving armor in the air.

gotta say though that the times I have been shut down most effectively were against very aerial mobile characters with crazy combos/edgeguarding capabilities. Jiggly and Kirby are surprisingly hard to deal with as they can dance and jump around you, crouch to block ftilt and neutral fsmash, etc. dtilt would pop them into the air where they go in for whatever they want and they're light so some of the usually reliable setups like dash > dash or dtilt > ftilt whiff heavily or you sourspot them. the matches were close since they ARE light character so any hard hitting move does them in but still very annoying. Sadly only played one good Kirby but this is what I got out of it.

Shiek is the other matchup I dread. needles destroy offstage haymaker and she has so many combos out of throws that it's scary.
ZSS is another character that like to keep you in the air but honestly I've had much more luck against her than ****ing shiek.

curious to see insight from some other players.

ksizl4life

Smash Hero
Nair if they get too close (it's really fast), Slip Counter if you can predict a hit, Jolt Haymaker
if you're desperate to get out of a juggle.

...Does Straight Lunge still give armor when charging in the air?
Yes it has armor in the air. I've seen a lot of Macs play and no one uses it except me. I got tired of air dodging out of juggles or countering off stage by mistake and tried it out. Of course, it retains the same amount of super armor as the ground version, which means hard hitting attacks can snuff it out. But if you're fighting someone like Megaman who has a lot of aerial attacks that don't have too much knockback, it's a very good option.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom