• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Getting Melee

Drew English

Smash Cadet
NNID
gringaer
3DS FC
3625-9539-5058
I honestly don't know if this is the best place to put this but what is the best way to obtain Melee? I got into smash competitively a while back and really want to try melee so any tips or links would be appreciated!

ItsChon

Smash Apprentice
Ebay or Amazon. If you're lucky, you'll get it at around 50 dollars, and this is without a case. 60$ is average from what I've seen. 60 and with a case is good, anything around 40 is a steal. It's pretty expensive. As for GameCube's, they usually go for 20$, and Controllers go for around that as well. This is coming from someone who recently obtained his copy of Melee.

Drew English

Smash Cadet
NNID
gringaer
3DS FC
3625-9539-5058
Well that really sucks. Thanks for the advice and I guess I will just start saving money. :ohwell:

1amayzingman

Smash Cadet
NNID
1amayzingman
I've owned multiple copies of Melee. In the past, I would buy it from Gamestop when they actually had GameCube games in stock and Melee was around $20 (this is around 2007-2009 or so). I obtained my latest copy by trading some kid that went to my old school a Call of Duty DS game that was about $10 at Goodwill, and you're talking about steal...the game was in stunning condition with case, manual, and all...no visible scratches to the disc, lol that was the happiest day of my life.

I got my gamecube at a garage sale for $10 and it came with 20 or so games.

deadPhoenix

Smash Apprentice
Look at pawn shops, second hand stores, and local game stores as well. I got my copy for $30 at a second hand store.

AirFair

Marth tho
I'm just lucky I kept my copy. There was a time where I almost gave it away to a friend who doesn't play competitively. Such relief.

Holy Wars

Smash Rookie
Looks like on Ebay a physical copy goes for around $40. I would recommend using craigslist or going to a Flea Market, most of the time they have old games there for barely anything. You could also get a "digital" copy of it, unless your computer isn't too strong enough to play it.

Victor Marczyk

Smash Cadet
NNID
Duskblack
3DS FC
1950-8264-0245
So my bud only plays smash when he is with me so he basically gave me his copy with a case, but its the best seller case :c
Still though I saved alot of money through this

Top Bottom