• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Getting into the Brawl Tournament Scene.

Pubik Vengeance

Smash Journeyman
I live in South King County of Washington state and I want to start doing Brawl tournaments, but the truth is I am not very good (not too good at all really).

Is there often low level or intermediate tournaments? And if so, about how good should I be before I enter one?

Thanks for the help.

shae_hawk

Smash Rookie
I would be interested in this same type of thing. I would enter a full on pro tournament also in my area, just have no idea how to get into this type of thing. I'm in Bellevue/Overlake area.

Pubik - If you want to practice with a couple other people that sound like they may be at your skill level we could set something up for the weekends.

Lovage 805

Smash Champion
Get in contact with the people around you. The way to get better is to play new people. Find people in your area, find out when people gather, test your mettle at larger tournaments, make friends, have fun!

ProdigyKid

Smash Lord
What you guys need to do, is just search for a nearby tournament in this thread, and theyre usually open invitation, meaning just show up, enter and play. Theres now skill level anything required. As long as you're not rude/complete jerk, no one will have a problem with you. Most tournaments yield people of many different skill level, so you're bound to find someone your skill level.

cheifrocka

Smash Apprentice
just go. if you have 5 dollars to blow, all it will do is make you better. doesn't matter if you get back to back 2-0 three stocked in a double elim. before/after there's usually time for friendlies and practice, which against good players will improve your game a bit.

Top Bottom