• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Getting in on the action

isaf

Smash Rookie
Hey dudes/dudettes (maybe? probably not) me and my buddy play quite a bit of super smash bros and were considering getting in on this online community. I was wondering how we could do that. Obviously we would need controller adpaters for our computers (PC for him, Mac for me). But what else? Do we need a specific emulator to play online with people, is there a vent chatroom. Could someone hook me up with the specifics? I would be much obliged.

Skrlx

Smash Champion
shut up smasher

@isaf

You can install bootcamp and then install windows

smakis

Smash Ace
if you just spend some time moving your eyes what, 1 cm above this thread (as of now) im sure you can find your answer =)

UnholyWeapon

Smash Apprentice
We have a temporary vent we've been getting on it would be alot easier if someone helped you from there I suppose heres the info. Hostname: vent2.gameservers.com Ip:4839 our room is at the bottom and the password to channel is G64

Battlecow

Play to Win
aiight, so, you need the emulator Project 64k, a Super Smash Bros. (U) [!] Rom, and windows. If you've got a Mac, you're gonna need to run Windows on it through bootcamp :(. If you're running Vista or 7, there are a couple additional steps you need to take- check out the Come here first thread. As for adapters,

that one works on Mac and PC, and is pretty cheap and serviceable. There'll probably be a couple additional roadblocks along the way, but we can burn those bridges when we come to them. Look forward to playing you!

Oh, and change your name, dickwad.

sharksquail

Smash Ace
I have a mac that I BC to play smash, and it works fine. Also I don't think you can BC anything after XP.

isaf

Smash Rookie
Thanks to people that were actually helpful. And my name is an inside reference that has nothing to do with your precious isai.

D

Deleted member

Thanks to people that were actually helpful. And my name is an inside reference that has nothing to do with your precious isai.
I believe it. If someone wanted to make a name similar to isai they'd use "L"s or something.

Unless this is just his way of throwing us off. Sneaky guy.....

Top Bottom