• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Getting for half an hour for leaving a laggy game

YELLO

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kyuuketsukou
3DS FC
2509-3654-5979
Its absolutely outrageous that I get banned for 30 minutes for leaving a game so laggy I cant even self destruct because it going so slow that trying to self destruct would take literally 15 minutes

Im sorry but Nintendo has really out done themselves here, Super smash bros has the WORST online system of any game I have ever seen or heard of

Edit:
I guess the word "banned" is forbidden in a thread title? Why did the site remove "banned" from my thread title? ROFL

Last edited:

RBreadsticks

Smash Apprentice
It'd probably take you a minute to self destruct. If the lag ever gets that bad the game will usually disconnect and make you fight a CPU.

Roukiske

Smash Journeyman
Wait... what did you do? Like turn off your system? I've SD'ed matches plenty of times (for lag and sometimes to pick Kirby and say "Bye!" to my good opponents) and never got hit with the B-Hammer. I highly doubt you got a ban like that for your first offense, do you do it all the time?

To me, online is effected by two things: your connection and your opponents connection. I think its just you my friend. Where ya from? Are you in an area with populated high speed networks or anything?

YELLO

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kyuuketsukou
3DS FC
2509-3654-5979
i only leave games when its lagging so bad I cant self destruct
Im sorry even waiting a whole minute just to leave a laggy game is quite ridiculous wouldnt you say?

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I remember I got 10 minutes for dealing with the same thing Now-a-days I just avoid online play unless it's with a friend from now on to avoid those things.

itachisasuke

Smash Rookie
NNID
yondaimin
Its absolutely outrageous that I get banned for 30 minutes for leaving a game so laggy I cant even self destruct because it going so slow that trying to self destruct would take literally 15 minutes

Im sorry but Nintendo has really out done themselves here, Super smash bros has the WORST online system of any game I have ever seen or heard of

Edit:
I guess the word "banned" is forbidden in a thread title? Why did the site remove "banned" from my thread title? ROFL
Hey if your playing on nintendo 3ds the next time it lags DONT leave the game by pressing start and quitting that will register as leaving. The next time it lags like that turn off the wireless communication switch on the 3ds. it will register as a communication error. and you will suffer no penalty and no wait time to play again. Try it and let me know how it works bro.

SphericalCrusher

Hardcore Gamer
NNID
SphericalCrusher
3DS FC
1118-0223-8931
Guess you haven't played many games online, because there are far worse games for online play. Sounds like you've probably quit a few times to get that long of a ban. I've been disconnected twice and only got a 15 minute ban. It does suck though. The lag can be bad, but it's not always. I had 6 bad matches out of 20. High percentage, sure... but not as bad as a lot of other fighting games I've played online.

Top Bottom