• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Getting destroyed by left/right dodge

3870x2

Smash Rookie
NNID
3870x2
3DS FC
2852-8211-0162
I play ZSS as a main and have issues trying to punish people who dodge left and right. I understand the grace period to hit between dodges, but unfortunately ZSS' down smash is not a 360 degree one-hit-wonder to punish dodges like many other characters.

I feel like I am a pretty good player, but this is one area that is seriously deficient in my play. Any and all tips appreciated at all levels.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I would recommend checking out the ZSS boards. Check the sticky threads and post in their gameplay/QA thread. Here's the link: http://smashboards.com/forums/zero-suit-samus.472/.

I don't play as ZSS much, but have you tried using her Neutral or Side Special to punish rolls? So, if someone rolls to the left and behind you, turn left and use her Stun Gun. You could charge it and fire until their roll ends. Another thing would be to Side Smash towards where they're rolling. It might catch them, but I'm not sure.

KoRLumen

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KoRLumen
3DS FC
3437-3066-8679
I don't play ZSS, but don't her side tilts come out pretty quick? if you see them rolling, tilt in that direction.

Side special is also good.

SoBMudkip

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ROBIN_HYPE
A quick dash attack works, pivot grabs, and stun into up special for a good finisher.

Top Bottom