• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

getting custom components of project M

patoons

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Patoons
so i downloaded and played project M today, and i thought it great. but what i'd like is to have the menu and fonts that come with project M, as well as some of the stages (fountain of dreams, yoshis is from melee etc). is it possible to have those for regular brawl? and if so can someone inform me what to copy over to my regular brawl SD setup from the project M files? thanks

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
The menu is contained within mu_menumain.pac. The Character Select Screen, by Project M's default, is located in common3.pac (along with the Stage Select Screen). You can easily load any of the stages for regular Brawl simply by having them in the folder you already have them in.

Basically, copy over all of the folders containing those making sure that the directories are exactly the same (ie. you can't have SD: pf/stages; you must have all the other preceding folders).

patoons

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Patoons
k... im very familiar with the folder layout for this... so ill be ok with knowing what goes where. about the melee stages and whatnot.... im not sure what you mean exactly. am i just copying the contents of pf/stages over to get yoshis is, fountain, etc?

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Well, depends on if you want all of the stages or only specific ones. The way for bringing over specific stages is tricky if you didn't keep track of the stages you put in (which most people don't because of installing code sets, it's not really their fault). Getting BrawlBox and individually viewing each stage you have is one way although a bit tedious. Also, make sure whatever stages you do bring over, make sure to copy over the module folder as both Yoshi's Island (Melee) and Fountain of Dreams use .rel's to make them compatible when replacing another stage.

patoons

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Patoons
okay, ill look around. i pretty much just want those two. thanks! hopefully ill be able to figure the stages out.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Oh, just those two? I believe Fountain of Dreams replaces Mario Bros. (named STGFAMICOM.pac) and Yoshi's Story (Melee) replaces Yoshi's Island (Melee) which I can't find the name for (there is a thread for finding the correlating stage file names; look through your stages for a file named STGDX______ and look at the rest of the name). By the way, if I'm wrong about YS replacing Yoshi's Island, then it's probably over Yoshi's Island (Brawl) which is called STGCRAYON.pac.

Make sure to bring the module folder over or at least copy those two stages' respective .rel files (of the same exactly file name except with a .rel at the end).

patoons

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Patoons
ok, i figured which stages were used for replacement by the music. so i am all set with stages. even changed the thumbnails for the stage select screen. 1 more question and i will be out of your hair... the blue background is nice on the menu, but on the CSS it reverts to the white. i have my own layout for the actual character tiles, how can i keep the blue background on the CSS from project m?

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
I... am actually not too sure of that. I had the same issue myself when using the CSS with that background and I didn't get around to fixing it with the layout I use.

patoons

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Patoons
ok no biggie. i think i messed up somewhere though, after CSS when i press start, it freezes up.

edit : crap, idk what i did, i took everything that i added out and it freezes when i press start to get to stage screen.

patoons

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Patoons
seems like if i try and replace the SSS tiles/preview images with those of the new stages, it causes the freeze. so guess i gotta leave the SSS and recall which stages i gotta select. ill try and do the tiles alone, see if it freezes, because idk if it's the tiles, preview or both. i just dont feel like being bothered as of now. thanks for the help gamedominator

Top Bottom