• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Getting caught in luigi chaingrabs

Afro_Ninja

Smash Apprentice
Ok is there something I'm missing when it comes to escaping chaingrabs? of the friends I play I only have one that really chaingrabs my falcon, and that's luigi with his uthrow. I swear I am MASHING the control stick around while being throw but I never escape under 3-4 throws because I just float right back into grab range (low percents)

or am I stuck in green hell?

Vall3y

Smash Lord
Luigi's wierd uthrow trajectory sends you slightly behind, so if you DI it backwards it sends you far from him , so that he can only cg you with a good WD, which is probably the hardest DI's to react to for him (di forward or no di means he just has to dash grab you in the hardest case)

punisher47

Smash Journeyman
yea bro just DI behind him it should help you get out of his chaingrab and after awhile once he figuers it out that he could just wavedash back then di another way just to keep him on his feet.

AngeloBangelo

Smash Lord
It's insanely hard for me to get out of that crap. Even if I do manage to not get grabbed, he just WDes and grabs me out of my tech. If I don't tech, he hits me out of my roll, if I use the attack-to-get-up-at-the-cost-of-like-500-frames-of-vulnerability move I get ***** in the butt as well.

But yeah, backwards is your best bet.

Top Bottom