• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Getting Brawl videos on my computer trouble.

Prawn

Smash Master
Alright so I'm sitting here extremely aggravated trying to figure this out, so lemme just go over what I tried or whatever.

First thing I tried was hooking up my camera to my TV via an svideo cable, the video showed up on the televison, but I couldn't get the wii to show on the screen, so basically I could only play whatever I had on the camera on the tv(which essentially is backwards of what I wanted).

Second I tried burning all my replays to DVD via my dvd burner/player/whatever, and while the DVD works on the dvd player I burned it, IT DOESNT WORK ON ANY OTHER PLAYER AND MY COMPUTER RECOGNIZES THE DVD AS EMPTY.

Then I noticed my DVD player had a firewire output and I thought I was saved, but when I hooked it up to 3 different computers(one being a mac), they never recognized the device and I couldn't capture from it.

THEN I noticed I had an S-video slot in my computer, so I hooked the DVD player up through that, but what I THINK went wrong here is that the S-Video on the computer must be an output considering I never bought a capture card or anything of the sort.

I know that I can buy a wire that goes from the Red Blue Yellow(excuse my non-nerd lingo) to the cameras jack but I really don't want to do that, help? I'm getting so frustrated, time after time I fail and I'm going to blow my brains out.:confused:

Top Bottom