• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pacific West Get Schooled II: SSBM & Amiibo Tournament

Get Schooled II: SSBM & Amiibo Tournament
Posted by +STR
El Dorado High School
Saturday, October 24, 2015 - 11:00 AM
Until: Saturday, October 24, 2015 - 03:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: America/Los_Angeles)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: America/Los_Angeles

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

+STR

Smash Cadet
NNID
ishimarus
3DS FC
0490-5379-5957

Get Spooked @ El Dorado High School
SSBM & Amiibo Tournament
1-on-1: Double Elimination

Get Schooled is making a comeback, this time with the newest addition of a side event; an amiibo tournament! Click here to visit our Facebook event page. Much like last time, we'll be using Challonge for both of our SSBM and SSB4 brackets. Absolutely everyone is welcome to come in and join the fun; there are no age restrictions, nor skill restrictions. We would appreciate it if language was kept family friendly.
We will have bathrooms open for the tournament as well, and a cooler with free bottles of water. Please take care of yourself and think of your health. Bring a snack or even a meal if you need to.​

We need your help with getting complete Melee set-ups! Please help us out and bring whatever you've got. I'll be able to supply folks with multiple extension cords and a handtruck, as well as assistance with bringing anything in. If you have any more questions, just ask me either through Facebook or on here.
I, personally, will only be able to bring one Sm4sh set-up and one Melee set-up.

[SSBM & Amiibo] Schedule:
  • Opening / Registration: 11:00AM - 11:30AM
  • Brackets: 11:30AM - 2:30PM
  • Closing: 2:30PM - ?:??PM
[SSBM] Entry Fees:
  • Brackets Entry: $8 per person
  • Brackets Entry w/ [Halloween] Costume on: $4
  • Brackets Entry w/ full Melee Set-ups: $4
  • Spectating & Friendlies: Free!
[Amiibo] Entry Fees:
  • Brackets Entry: $4 per amiibo
  • Spectating: Free!
[SSBM] General/Game Rules:
  • No items; 4 stocks, 8 minutes. Handicap is off. Pausing is on. 1-on-1. Double elimination.
  • All sets are best 2 out of 3, up until grand finals. That's when sets will be best 3 out of 4.
  • There will be no Sudden Deaths. Tiebreaker battles will consist of 1 stock per player, with 8 minutes.
  • If players who are up to play are missing, they will be disqualified after waiting 5-6 minutes unless the TO has been notified beforehand.
  • Stages will be picked via rock-paper-scissors like with usual tournaments and the winner will ban a stage, and the loser will ban 2 stages, and then the winner will ban 1 more stage after that, unless a stage is agreed upon without the Rochambeau duel beforehand.
  • Wobbling is allowed.
[SSBM] Legal Stages:
  • Battlefield
  • Dream Land (N64)
  • Final Destination
  • Fountain of Dreams
  • Yoshi's Story
  • [Counterpick] Pokémon Stadium
  • If both players agree, they may play on an illegal stage, or even on the same stage as before.
[SSBM] Prizes:
  • 1st place: 60% of entry fee money collection
  • 2nd place: 30% of entry fee money collection
  • 3rd place: 10% of entry fee money collection
[Amiibo] Rules:
  • No items; 2 stocks, 6 minutes. Handicap is off. Pausing is on. 1-on-1. Double elimination.
  • All sets are best 2 out of 3, up until grand finals. Grand final sets will remain best 2 out of 3 but with 3 stocks and 8 minutes.
  • Amiibos should not be left sitting around by themselves unless they have labels or names on them. You are responsible for your own equipment, but don't intentionally damage others' property. Try not to do it on accident either. Thanks!
[Amiibo] Legal Stages
  • Battlefield
  • Dream Land
  • Final Destination
  • Smashville
  • Town & City
  • [Counterpick] Castle Siege
  • [Counterpick] Delfino Plaza
  • [Counterpick] Duck Hunt
  • [Counterpick] Lylat Cruise
  • If the amiibo owners agree, they may let their amiibos duke it out on any illegal or omega stages.
[Amiibo] Prizes:
  • 1st place: 60% of entry fee money collection
  • 2nd place: 30% of entry fee money collection
  • 3rd place: 10% of entry fee money collection
Where do I sign up?

Both sign-up sheets will be in the same room as the tournament (which is a multipurpose room with tons of space). There will not be a sign-up sheet online. Of course, if you do sign yourself in via the RSVP system, we will expect you to be there unless stated otherwise! Any absences are not minded and fully understood.

Links:
EDHS Smash Club Twitter
Get Schooled Facebook
El Dorado County Smash Facebook
+STR's Facebook
Get Spooked Melee Challonge
Get Spooked Amiibo Challonge

+STR

Smash Cadet
NNID
ishimarus
3DS FC
0490-5379-5957
Hate to double post like this but I wanted to bump the thread and provide a reminder along with this post:
We really need set-ups for Melee, and you'll get a 50% discount on your entry fee for the Melee tournament if you bring any set-ups.
Also, I've been thinking over recording any of the matches for either tournaments and I've decided against it, due to not having the appropriate capture card that will be compatible with a CRT TV, and recording Amiibo matches seems silly.
Lastly, if you haven't been keeping up with our Facebook event page, we'll be getting around 20 people, including myself! Very excited to see everyone there.

Last edited:

SaltySeal

Smash Rookie
Hello! Unfortunately, I will not be in the area at the time of the tournament but I would like to know if you can/will do a tournament with the exact same rules and so on around Christmas time? Thank you!

+STR

Smash Cadet
NNID
ishimarus
3DS FC
0490-5379-5957
Hello! Unfortunately, I will not be in the area at the time of the tournament but I would like to know if you can/will do a tournament with the exact same rules and so on around Christmas time? Thank you!
Aww. I think that'd be a lot of fun to do something Christmas-y, but I'm not sure if I'd be able to. I have to have a teacher in the same room as the building/room that we're using.. BUT, if I can, I'll ask him about it. I'll see what I can do. My friends have weekly Tuesday tournaments with pretty much the same rules and legal stages (primarily for Melee, nobody has brought Sm4sh yet). If you want me to, I can ask them about future events/Smash bashes. ^^

CaikLazer

Smash Cadet
Will this be SSB for Wii U tournament too? or just melee? Because on the photo it says Wii U and Melee but you didn't say anything about Wii U.

Last edited:

+STR

Smash Cadet
NNID
ishimarus
3DS FC
0490-5379-5957
Will this be SSB for Wii U tournament too? or just melee? Because on the photo it says Wii U and Melee but you didn't say anything about Wii U.
Sorry for the confusion! It's just an amiibo tournament (as a side event to the main event, the Melee tournament) but we're doing it on the Wii U. I have a friend who loves Sm4sh and would like to have a tournament for it some day but he doesn't think he's quite ready yet to host one, so maybe one day we'll have an actual Sm4sh tournament, and not one just for amiibos. If you'd like, I can let you know if we'll have any Sm4sh tournaments nearby.

Last edited:

CaikLazer

Smash Cadet
Sorry for the confusion! It's just an amiibo tournament (as a side event to the main event, the Melee tournament) but we're doing it on the Wii U. I have a friend who loves Sm4sh and would like to have a tournament for it some day but he doesn't think he's quite ready yet to host one, so maybe one day we'll have an actual Sm4sh tournament, and not one just for amiibos. If you'd like, I can let you know if we'll have any Sm4sh tournaments nearby.
That would be great if you could let me know if there's any Sm4sh tournies nearby, I am really busy with school and its kinda hard to. I will still come most likely and watch. (I suck at melee)

+STR

Smash Cadet
NNID
ishimarus
3DS FC
0490-5379-5957
That would be great if you could let me know if there's any Sm4sh tournies nearby, I am really busy with school and its kinda hard to. I will still come most likely and watch. (I suck at melee)
I'll see what I can do then. :) And that'd be great! If you can't make it/don't really feel like going, don't worry. If you do go, I'm pretty sure my friend I mentioned earlier would love to play some games with you if nobody participates in the Amiibo tournament. I have a Gamecube adapter for the Wii U too, so I'll bring that just in case.

Top Bottom