• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Get Hyped!: FC Return Trailer

Popi

Former EIC
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
PowpiPenguin

One of the, if not the most beloved tournament series in the Smash community are the FC Smash (formerly Melee FC) group of events. Started in 2004 by the crew "Ship Of Fools", FC was one of the first national tournament series. After a hiatus starting in 2007, the FC series made a return last August 2012 with MELEE-FC10R Legacy.

This year, the Kishes are hosting another installment in the FC franchise called FC Return on July 4 and 5 at the University Of Notre Dame. Featuring both Smash 4 (with $500 pot bonus) and Melee, the event is set to be stacked with names like Armada, HBox, Leffen, Westballz, ZeRo and more attending.

An interesting thing to note is that like previous tournaments in the series, SoF has come up with various gimmicks and side-events to make their tournament more enjoyable and unique. Dodgeball from previous tournaments will be making a return as well as a $100 prize to the farthest placing DLC-only main for Smash 4. There will also be numerous side-events with modified "legacy" rulesets that will shake up the game.

A Smash 4 crew battle bracket will also be taking place. The last crew standing will be given the opportunity to fight ZeRo by himself in a crew battle with him using various characters.

The Smash.gg registration page can be found here. For more details, check out the Facebook event page. The event will be streamed on VGBootCamp. Shoutouts to Overswarm for the trailer and to DSC for the music used in it.

Popipenguin is hyped for the tournament but can't go due to him living halfway across the world. Follow him and his caffeine fueled mornings on Twitter.

Last edited:

Squid Kid

Smash Rookie
No Project: M :(
At least dodgeball will take it's place.

Last edited:

Sgt-Sol

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sol-Bird 64
3DS FC
2681-1465-2550
I used to play Dodge ball competitively :) i'm gonna murk m2k in dodge-ball

kinbobbobkin

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Remybunny14
3DS FC
1822-1654-6056
Hype! For both the main entourage and the Smash 4 DLC battle and Crew battle. ;)

Where is the University of Notre Dame?

Hellkrai

Smash Rookie
NNID
HellkraiNNID
3DS FC
0748-4330-7424
Nice clip for XeroXen always love seeing him beat Sofaking

Last edited:

DUKEL

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SirDukeIII
Loved those clips! I'm now hyped for FC return! If only it wasn't 4th of July weekend...

Diabolical PIe

Smash Apprentice
Laughing at ZeRo getting his own money match stand and crew battle. Dude's indisputably the best at Sm4sh right now, but I really want someone like Esam to show up and take down that ego a few notches. I can see some interesting rivalries forming in Sm4sh's future. Seems cool!

Also super hyped up for more Melee, as always. Armada/Westballz grand finals would be sick.

Purin a.k.a. José

Smash Lord
NNID
purinsmash
3DS FC
1418-7121-0144
Beautiful. On the Crew Battle side, since that's quite a old series, it would be cool to see Old Melee players (2001-2007/2008) vs. New (by "new" I mean that's playing actively right now. 2007/2008-2015) players.

Last edited:

CNMNE

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CNMNE
3DS FC
2895-8158-1141
Wish Peach could still parasol juggle in sm4sh.

Last edited:
Top Bottom