• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gerudo Vs Aerudo

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Nowadays, everyone knows how to tech Gerudo, and in most MUs it doesn't grant you anymore than 12% damage and at best, frame-advantage on tech-roll (which in itself can be useful, don't get me wrong).

It's still good when used by the ledge and against ppl who likes to tech in place.
And, of course, the undeniable choice in pretty much any situation in some MUs, like Bowser / Mac.

However, in a lot of MUs, in the middle of the stage, Aerudo feels more consistent, cuz we know ppl can't tech it, and it gives us better frame-advantage than a teched Gerudo.
If ppl choose to stay on the ground, we can still Dtilt them.

Aerudo honestly feels more like the Brawl Gerudo, than the current Gerudo does.
The +3% damage is nice, although not in focus here.

WolfmanDeerek

Smash Cadet
I prefer Gerudo for the tech chase options and the hard read on wake up attacks. It's just easier to coax the reactions I want and set up kills.

Litany

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Brushfire11
Switch FC
SW-6201-5293-0444
I still wouldn't use Aerudo in neutral given that it has more endlag (since it has the endlag + landing lag), but I think it's a better punish option for sure. But if you're using it after you've conditioned shield, then Gerudo has better risk-reward (at least in my opinion).

Also Z1GMA omg join Ganoncord, SB is dead

Top Bottom