• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 3DS Germany gets Smash Bros. 3DS before US.

Miku Boy

Smash Rookie
NNID
SmashingNerd
3DS FC
3411-1839-5347
If you go to the German Smash Bros. Website, it has two dates, one for the physical copy and the one in the Nintendo eShop. Which I find it not fair to be honest. They get it, a day before us....GAAAHH!

Well, if you're in Germany, good for you. Enjoy you're Smash Bros.

This is just I feel about it. Don't hate on it.

Rich Homie Quan

Smash Ace
It's because October 3rd is a German holiday. Businesses are closed, I believe. It's actually nice of Nintendo to let Germany have it a day earlier instead of a day later.

Gidy

Smash Lord
NNID
I-Gidy-I
3DS FC
0834-3126-6726
Nothing I particularly care about. Nintendo always screws U.S. over on release dates x.x

luigijerk

Smash Cadet
The US gets a lot of things before Europe. It's no big deal. Germans are people, too.

WECsoul

Smash Cadet
NNID
WECsoul
3DS FC
0259-1277-6150
It's because October 3rd is a German holiday. Businesses are closed, I believe. It's actually nice of Nintendo to let Germany have it a day earlier instead of a day later.
That's true, here in Germany October 3rd is German Unity Day. If I were you I would be rather pissed of because Japan gets it even earlier :smash:

Heefe

Smash Apprentice
I'm in my holidays September 29th till October 6th, so I'll be playing on 7th. No release for me :)

The-Power-Within

Smash Ace
NNID
MasterSword06
3DS FC
0447-7094-2346
It's only a day before us. No need to get all mad about it, besides it is a holiday. I've waited since E3 2013 for this, a day is nothing compared to a year.

D

Deleted member

Not a big difference really. It's just one day, I can wait.

ProjectAngel

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-3179-5530-9222
Eh, one day earlier than the US ain't gonna hurt ya. At least Germany has a legit reason for getting it early.

Ehn Jolly

Smash Journeyman
Good for Germany. Honestly if it was a worldwide release, I'd be angry (I'm also angry it's not a worldwide release), but since it's not, let them enjoy the game, we'll already know everything about it way before then, and they'll be slightly better at pivoting than the rest of us.

Moldy Clay

Smash Journeyman
NNID
frothyjazz54
3DS FC
3050-8737-8491
I honestly don't see the big deal. One day, one week, one month. It doesn't really mean anything other than having an irrational annoyance that other people are playing something and you aren't.

And we'll already have Japanese players playing for weeks before we get to, so it wouldn't be all that different.

You gotta step outside of yourself. As a kid, this stuff always pissed me off. Now, I just groan out of impatience and move on, playing other stuff until I get whatever it is.

Jocario Zero

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-2327-1796-5400
Here are the release Dates for Brawl:
-Japan: Janurary 2008
-US: March 2008
-Europe (Germany): JUNE 2008

In Germany we call this "Ausgleichende Gerechtigkeit" :troll:

(loosely translated to "balanced justice")

Aureola

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Queenrider
I don't see what the big deal is. Europe seems to get a lot of games later, so one day before the US isn't something to get upset over. And the fact they're taking into account a national holiday is nice.

If anything, get upset that Japan gets it a month before us.

Kaitou

Smash Rookie
NNID
GameEmpireHD
3DS FC
3496-9817-0774
It's only one day, so I don't see the problem.

I will be playing the Japanese release of the game anyway.

Scourge The Hedgehog

Evil Sonikku
NNID
JayJayPlushie
3DS FC
2535-4437-8099
Not even mad. In fact I think that is pretty cool. Considering Japan gets it a month in advance I personally don't mind other countries getting the game early.

Cyberfire

Smash Journeyman
For Brawl, us Europeans had to wait 3 months after the US, which made for a total of an extra 6 months wait after the original release in Japan. This is just a day's difference, get over it you baby.

Last edited:

Sqa$

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bazaar
OH MY GOD I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS! JAPAN HOW COULD YOU SCREW US OVER LIKE THAT?

Is what I would say if I cared about it. But whatever, it's a day, and even if they got it the same as Japan, which is like...three weeks I believe, who cares? I'm getting my copy October 3rd because that's when it's showing up haha.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Nothing I particularly care about. Nintendo always screws U.S. over on release dates x.x
For real? We Europeans got Brawl 3½ months after you guys, not to mention other games like Kirby Super Star Ultra where we had to wait an entire year. I think it's okay that one country in that entire continent gets it one day early.

Last edited:

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
Why do Americans feel entitled to everything first. They get games months before the rest of the Western world and then complain when a country that normally gets game months later than them gets one a day earlier.

Sqa$

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bazaar
Why do Americans feel entitled to everything first. They get games months before the rest of the Western world and then complain when a country that normally gets game months later than them gets one a day earlier.
It's because a lot of Americans (and I myself am an American) think the world is theirs. The whole stereotype for the pompous American jerk in movies or something isn't very far off key. I'm not saying all people are like that, but the problem comes down to the fact that enough people are like that to make it a stereotype. Again, I personally don't care that Japan is getting it three weeks before us, let alone German just one day before us. It's stupid to complain about things like this.

Aureola

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Queenrider
I'm American, and I don't really care about any of this.

I'd say part of the problem is that games are released here before anywhere else all the time. If things like this were more common, people may not complain quite as much.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I honestly don't see the big deal. One day, one week, one month. It doesn't really mean anything other than having an irrational annoyance that other people are playing something and you aren't.

And we'll already have Japanese players playing for weeks before we get to, so it wouldn't be all that different.

You gotta step outside of yourself. As a kid, this stuff always pissed me off. Now, I just groan out of impatience and move on, playing other stuff until I get whatever it is.
Well, it's pretty difficult to avoid spoilers for a long period of time.
Kudos to all who enjoy it before me, I do not find rage in that.
Yet it does affect MY experience to know I cannot blackout the entirety of September.

*Yes I"m aware there could be a leak before, or a fully revealed roster, but that is not the same as KNOWING it is the full roster because Japan gets it many weeks before**

You also just responded to one singularity with a generalization towards the entire population.

Last edited:

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
You also just responded to one singularity with a generalization towards the entire population.
I said Americans, not all Americans. Because it's a type of behaviour generally attributed to Americans, but obviously it doesn't apply to all of them. It'd be like saying 'why do Australians love cricket so much?'. Not all Australians like cricket, but liking cricket is a trait attributed to a lot of Australians, and is generally considered an Australian thing.

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I said Americans, not all Americans. Because it's a type of behaviour generally attributed to Americans, but obviously it doesn't apply to all of them. It'd be like saying 'why do Australians love cricket so much?'. Not all Australians like cricket, but liking cricket is a trait attributed to a lot of Australians, and is generally considered an Australian thing.
Perhaps I should have been more clear- only one of us was complaining about Germany getting the game first.
Yes, Americans are an entitled lot, we are.
I do demand you retract that second part of the statement, though :p

「 Derk 」

4th times the charm...
NNID
D3RK-SSB4
Switch FC
SW-6389-5985-3965
People need to relax... Complaining about one day? Really? I'm looking forward to the bombardment of news and leaks that will come from all the early releases and not bitter that someone gets to play the game before me. All the information that will be coming in those 3 weeks will definitely hold me over until I get to play it myself. Hopefully some kind person out there will show us the custom specials of characters. I really want to see what Zelda's options are! Not all Americans are greedy or think they are entitled, but unfortunately a lot are. To all the players that are getting early copies enjoy them! :)

Last edited:

Pokefan203

Smash Apprentice
Doesn't really matter, it will still be almost the same time, and there are different time zones.

Soul.

It's just a one day difference, to be honest. Not like the game got delayed, but still, it's a one day difference.

Top Bottom