• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno, Megaman, Sora, DECONFIRMED?

Dogenzaka

Smash Ace
Character rights cited during opening:

-Nintendo (Self Explanatory)
-HAL Laboratory, Inc. (Kirby series)
-Pokemon Company (Self Explanatory)
-Creatures Inc. (MOTHER series)
-GAME FREAK Inc. (Pokemon)
-Shigesato Itoi (MOTHER series)
-APE Inc. (MOTHER series)
-Intelligent Systems (Fire Emblem series)
-Konami Digital Entertainment Co. Ltd. (Metal Gear Solid series)
-SEGA (Sonic series)

No Square Enix cited
No Capcom cited

No Geno, Megaman, or Sora?

=<

Sir James

The Doctor
So just 2 third party characters? I was expecting at least one more third party character. My bet was on Megaman. Looks like Snake and Sonic was it.

edit: @ Xeroharsh. Snake and Sonic aren't available when you first get the game. Why would they list the companies? You're probably right, though. More companies could be added after you unlock more characters.

-Darc-

Heir to the Monado
edit: @ Xeroharsh. Snake and Sonic aren't available when you first get the game. Why would they list the companies? You're probably right, though. More companies could be added after you unlock more characters.
They're shown on the opening movie.

TK Wolf

Smash Ace
Because Sonic and Snake both appear in the intro. =)

EDIT: Oops, beat me to it.

GBcrazy

Smash Rookie
hum, that's an interesting found

you are right, i guess. sakurai played with us :(

Shark X

Smash Lord
Sora was deconfirmed the moment anyone suggested him.

As for Geno, for all we know, he could still be added as a 1st/2nd party character.

If anything, another video deconfirmed him, showing him as a collectable trophy.

UrajKingofDarkness

Smash Journeyman
Could it maybe be citing the rights for the characters actually shown IN THE OPENING?

Why would they need to cite the rights for characters that aren't shown in the opening? I don't get why they would personally.

S2

Smash Lord
Perhaps it is the case that the credits shown there are only for the opening movie?

Anyways, I think the chances of more 3rd parties is low at this point. But I'd love to be wrong.

Jave

Smash Ace
NNID
Javeman
I wouldn't jump the gun just yet. It's possible that the copyright notice appears in the intro once the character shows up in the game, in order to keep the players shocked.

Bendu

Smash Journeyman
The dojo doesn't even mention Retro Studios...
Nobody has to give credit to Retro Studios for Samus (or Ridley, if he's in. And I doubt any of the Prime only characters are exclusively owned by Retro as well.) Because Nintendo created those characters themselves with their own development team LONG before Retro Studios even existed.

You'll also notice that Rare is not credited for Diddy Kong, even though they created the game that Diddy first appeared in. They don't own him.

Ya. I don't know where you guys get the idea that Retro would be cited for Metroid characters. Even Prime characters might not require citing.

Top Bottom