• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Genesis - Third Time's A Charm?

Kada

Smash Journeyman
(I'd like to thank one of my favourite Metal Bands, As I Lay Dying, as well as Dictionary.com for the name <_<...)

Woah! A tournament, around HERE?

I copied this post from http://kwsmashers.17.forumer.com, our awesome forum. I decided that I'd post it here, just in case anyone else actually cared O_o.

Alright, after a bunch of guys from around here hosted that mini-smashfest on Monday, I feel inspired to try and bring Genesis back to life. I've had my break from running a tournament, and now I'm back to try again!

The date is confirmed for just about everyone. Ikural, Myself and maybe some other members of TMT are confirmed to come now, are all the UFO people 100% sure that the date works?

The tournament will be run mainy by myself and Sylar. If you need to get a hold of us, my email is Adakeo@hotmail.com, and his is mr_sport11@hotmail.com. You can also PM us here.

The date for this tournament is Saturday, Septemper 1st, 2007.. We're hoping to start at around 12:00 PM-1:00 PM. Come any time around then, the sooner we can all be there, the sooner we can get started., The tournament will go till whenever we finish, which will most likely be at around 8:00 PM. If there are any driving issues, make sure to work that all out. I believe Sylar is willing to drive if massive problems arise. As far as GCs, T.Vs and Powerbars are concerned. I think we have all that stuff covered. Since It's a house, and not a gym, we don't need like, 12 T.Vs =P I'll hopefully be bringing 2 T.Vs, a cube, a power bar and a Smash disk, while Ikural is bringing a cube and a Smash disk for the second T.V. If we had 2 more setups, we could potentially have enough T.Vs to always have some free for friendlies. Anyone want to bring a few more T.Vs and cubes? Also, extension cords and power bars are always welcome as well. By the way, Sylar, where are we putting the T.Vs? Tables?

There will be no entrance fees for this tournament, It's just a Smashfest for fun.

As far as food is concerned, everybody bring some money, and we can order pizza or something. We'll decide that when we're all there.

We'll be holding Singles, Doubles and Lower tier. So set up your doubles team, and practice up those low tiers! Also, if TMT can get enough people, or recruit some, we'll do a UFO vs. TMT crew battle! We may need Sylar to join with us, depending on how many people we get.

The location of this tournament will be:
*59 Country Club Road
Cambridge, Ontario
N1T 1Z8 *

Tournament rules (Copied from the TransCanada rules, which were copied from somewhere else <_<):
General:
- Bring your own controller, or ensure someone is bringing one for you. Tournament staff are not resposible for providing extra controllers.
- Good behaviour is expected; Peter and his family are being generous enough to give us a place to hold this, lets not take their hospitality for granted.
- Controllers: see MLG rules (no modifications aside from cosmetic changes, no programmed buttons)
- No pausing during a match unless there is a good reason. If you pause repeatedly for no good reason, you may forfeit that match at the discretion of tournament staff.
- No infinite stall/freeze glitches (ie: Peach's Wallbombing, Jigglypuff's rising pound, Ice Climber freeze glitch, etc). If you use these in a match, you forfeit that match. If one of these tactics is used on you for the purpose of stalling the match, pause the game and call for tournament staff.

Match rules:
- All matches are 4 stock, 8 minute time limit
- Doubles-specific: Team attack ON, life stealing allowed
- Dave's Modified Stupid Rule: No stage may be used twice in a single set if the player choosing already won on that stage
- Stage Knock-out: Each player (or team, in teams) may choose to eliminate one of the legal stages (neutral OR counterpick) to be chosen at the beginning of the set.
- Advanced Slob Picks: Loser may choose the next stage or elect to go random, then winner may choose to change characters, then loser may change characters
- Double blind pick may be called at any time (the only time this is useful is, before people choose their first initial character, before the first game starts).
- Neutral stages: Fountain of Dreams (BANNED in teams), Dream Land 64, Battlefield, Yoshi's Story, Final Destination, Pokemon Stadium
- Counterpick stages: Any neutral stage, plus Rainbow Cruise, Green Greens, Corneria, Brinstar, Jungle Japes, Mute City, Poke Floats, Donkey Kong 64
- Any other stage is BANNED in both singles and doubles
I belive we're just about all set. Look through everything and tell me if it all works. It looks like we're all set! I've got all the information up there now, everything should be perfect. I also updated the rules a little bit.

List of People coming. (Post in here when you're sure you're able to come, and I'll add you!) Also, are any other Cambridgites attending this?

1. Kada
2. Ikural
3. Sylar
4. Flan
5. Brian
6. Brett
7. Jeko
8. Rak$
9. GSAW?

Schedule
This is pretty vague at this point, shout out if there's something here that doesn't work.

(Whatever time) - 1:00 PM - Set up/Friendlies
1:00 PM - 2:00 PM - Low Tier Double Elimination Bracket
2:00 PM - 4:00 PM- 5:00 PM - Singles Double Elimination Bracket
5:00 PM - End (Probably between 8:00 PM and 9:00 PM?) Teams Double Elimination Bracket

Friendlies should be open and do-able at any time during this tournament, since we'll hopefully have extra T.Vs. As far as food is concerned, if we're ordering Pizza, we should be able to eat it in between fights, I don't think we need a dinner break or anything =P.

X- Sylar -X

Smash Journeyman
Hey Great Post Kada hopefully we can get a good turnout. We don't have many supplies as of yet so if your coming and can bring some stuff please let us know i have 2 Tvs and a GC but we'll need more so if you can bring some stuff please let either me or Kada know, that would be greatly appreciated. Im pretty sure this is K-Ws first tourney so it's a chance for some people to get out have some fun test there skills and learn more about smash.

Hope to hear from a lot of you soon

Ikural

Smash Journeyman
Well, considering I live down the street from there, I think I will come.
I can no doubt bring a Cube, and probobly can bring a TV.
I will edit this post sometime before the tourney if I can or can't.
Just, make sure to record everything, so we can adjust the power rankings on the KW smashers forums.
I will bring a few snacks but will anyone bring any recording equiptment?
I would like to know Flan!

Mabeus

Smash Rookie
yo slyar

hey whats up, if slyars still getting me a ride there then ill be there if i can get someone to work my shift, i got a cube and a few powerbars...

Flan

Smash Journeyman
Hey, i've been gone for a week, but now i'm back and looking to play!

I can probably go, i'll bring a cube. I will be arranging rides for peoplez in waterloo that know me so expect like 3-5 people here.

D.B

Smash Ace
Hey guys, toronto, sauga here =]
What do you guys think about having a crew battle with suaga? a 5vs5 or so? We have Bi-weeklies here, just check the "Smashturbation" thread. Come by and its gonna be great. Think about it guys =]

TyrantWolf

Smash Lord
Yeah, it's always nice to play against the superior scene and give out free money to us. :] [/friendlytrashtalk]

Do it. :]

Kada

Smash Journeyman
Mmm.. updated the first post, because this is still going to happen.

As far as a crew battle is concerned. We should try =P. If all of us K-W-C people end up going down to a big GTA tournament some time, we'll attempt it. Although we're likely to get slaughtered, since we're not exactly a huge Smash scene =P

Kada

Smash Journeyman
Alright... only a three day shift, nothing big. That's the problem about trying to run a little Smashfest, if one person can't come, someone else isn't going to come, and then you don't have enough people to make it worth it <_<. Although if this one doesn't turn out I think I'm gonna give up and let someone else try and run a tournament. While I sit in a dark corner being all depressed.

Top Bottom