• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Genesis 2 - Zelgadis Speaks

Sodo

Smash Journeyman
that being said, this kind of public drama isn't really helping grow the scene and it only serves to personally satisfy zel's ego who is evidently still torn about the whole thing. zel needs to start looking at things from the bigger picture and acknowledge where he stands right now with his old friends and move on. it's easier said than done of course, but almost everyone has to deal with it at some point or another.
Exactly. This is between Zelgadis and DBR, and it sounds like it's already been dealt with. All this will do is stir the already stagnant pot.

Sidaglez

Smash Rookie
Exactly. This is between Zelgadis and DBR, and it sounds like it's already been dealt with. All this will do is stir the already stagnant pot.
I'm sorry, but the fact that you tried using the word pot in a serious manner to this specific scenario is hilarious.

Dyna

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
DASH#330
NNID
DynaDASH
3DS FC
4442-0361-1464
Water under the bridge, Trebor.
You've been thinking about making this post for a while now and I understand how hard it must have been to finally do it.
You know you have my support and I'm glad you took this step, even though some people say a lot of it is unnecessary, but I think it's good to come clean for yourself and for the community you are part of.

I can only say, welcome back.

Bluetooth

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
1220-6181-2171
It's nice to see you apologizing for all your wrongs. I was touched by what I was reading, and I hope your future in Smash, and your future in everything, are the best they can be.
I'm hoping to get into the competitive scene too, so I'm glad to see someone like me.

DEEK4Y

Smash Apprentice
I want to talk on behalf of the issues and occurrence at none other than Genesis2, Held by DBR: I don’t know where to start this. So I’d like to start at the beginning. I feel like I let my best friends and community down. A lot of you know who I am in the community and some in real life. My name is Trebor, and I go by Zelgadis. Slayers was a favorite anime of mine growing up. I used to play SSB64 with my friends, loved how it was different, got hooked. My parents were semi strict so I would play Smash a lot. I was lucky enough to play a Japanese copy of SSBM and didn’t like it at all cause of the new controls, all of which I had no idea what they even did.

The American release was hard to get but a friend happened to get one and we played for a whole weekend. After being obviously the worst out of the bunch I tried to see what I was doing wrong . I was a competitive person growing up and after seeing Patbuns17 record for many characters on the Home Run Contest . I was introduced to L cancelling and was no match for my friends.

My parents were semi strict so I would play Smash a lot. I was lucky enough to played a Japanese copy of SSBM and didn’t like it at all cause of the new controls, all of which I had no idea what they even did.

My first few tournaments I got wrecked by some amazing players. This was back in 2002. I’ve been around a looong time. Fairly active most of the mine, but not so much latterly, which I will discuss soon.

Eventually I became a lot better and attended more and more tournaments. My friend group left and I had nobody to play with, that’s when I met the GERM, I was a Junior in HS and he was a Senior, we were good friends and got along pretty good. He had no idea that there was a second smash game, and once he found out, we were both hooked again.

I taught him a lot of things, he taught me a lot of things, and if I were to bet that he wouldn’t be a great, if not the best Link player. Germ would be a rich man.

Germs brother, Clod Zero and his friend Mike Nasty were all close and after hanging out with them going through some hard times in my life, we because a great group of friends, one that I’ll never forget, and think about very often. I played with The Doug back in oldschool Norcal days, when Rechipherus was the dude nobody could take. And through smashing with Doug and meeting a friend of his, Zach, Zach and I and the entire crew became great friends again. Zach was a member to the wolfpack. We travelled all over Cali trying to find tournaments and extend the scene the best we could, trying to crew battle literally everybody, making cool, combo vids (which we just thought were cool and wanted to make good ones) and they ended up getting big.

BIG DISCLAIMER ABOUT THE DBR VIDEOS: None of the combos are fake. There are a few that look that way, 3 of them, and they are semi staged. If you can find out which, you get a prize.

Fact of the matter is, people saw the videos, and talked all of us up, me especially I feel, to be way better than I admittedly was. I never said I was the best, didn’t come close. This caused a lot of hate and controversy and it was a little stressful at the time. I’m playing a game a love, finally getting recognized by getting ranked in my region, and people say I suck and scrutinize me for videos I’ve made. Which to my defense, Are so old now and way outdated and not good, but brought masses to start playing this game on a competitive level. One of my idols in smash came up to me one time and told me I was his inspiration to playing smash. I was floored.

Also, all artistic credit goes to GERM, he basically made Shined Blind, and the majority of the DBR vids on his own. I was there helping sometimes, but he was always at the wheel. Zohreh was apprehensive that we played video games all the time, but got used to it. Her and I started rough but developed into a good relationship. She took me clothes shopping so I wouldn’t go around looking like some dweeb with no fashion sense. I really appreciate her, and there are things I’d rather talk to her in person than here. Credit should go to GERM. The music perhaps…. That’s where Nick Modica, (hella) comes into play..,.

Nick was the greatest guy I had ever met. From the minute I met him I knew it was gonna be such a good friendship. I knew so little about him and he was trying to get through GERM through me hahahh. We became close very fast. He would live over 1.5 hours away, and come over, weekly, sometimes more than once a week. DBR as a whole went on many road trips to tournaments together. One time I’ll never forget is going to Vegas, so many memories. Omar, Trevyn, and Tony (und1sput3d) (RIP). Nick and I would stay at each others houses for weeks, it was amazing. I remember I hadn’t heard from him in a long time, I called his parents and found out he was at the hospital, I zoomed right there with a mob of people. I can’t keep up with the memories. But with the thing’s hes done for me… I owe him more than I can give. I had nothing to do on Christmas, no family. And he and his family invited me over and it was incredibly special to me… I can’t ever repay him. I tried to once, when he called me one day out of the blue asking to move in with me. Without any hesitation I said of course.

Nick, if you or any other DBR members (BOB $, Dan Hutchinson ()the King) German Roverso). Please get in touch. I’d greatly appreciate it, please do. I’ve changed and want to try to attempt at making amends for the things I’ve done.

I don’t expect forgiveness. I hope maybe that could be an option, but I just want a chance. We were friends for over 8 years, and I’ve done a lot of thinking and changing, and realizing what I’ve done to my life, both personally and socially.

During the first genesis I was responsible for only a little bit. I feel like I helped but, I guess not really that much. My girlfriend helped, was in the kitchen a lot of the time, and got paid 100 dollars. Genesis was AMAZING. I had almost no responsibility for planning it. It was left in the hands of King, Boback and GERM. And hands down, they threw an amazing event. I wish I could have had a little input but… it’s ok. I began to feel left out of my own group that I helped create with GERM, DBR.

Fast forward to Genesis 2. I was not really allowed to do ANYTHING. There were times before where I had a discount where I worked, and would gladly given much more than that for what all of DBR was buying for a party, but they didn’t come to get my discount and that hurt my feelings. I made too big a deal out of it. There came a point where I was no longer invited or let known of the smashfests going on. I wasn’t allowed to accompany them to tournaments often. I didn’t know there were any issues with me. They are not bad people, quite the opposite. My mom died at age 17 and they were there for the most part to help me out at points during those times. Other times, like when my grandmother died, the whole group, Bob money, Germ, Germs lady Zohreh, Boback, they didn’t want to wait one hour for me to get back from the service to go to Nicks house, which was about an hour or so away. I was really hurt. Just an hour, and I needed that. They had a great night but, I was alone grieving. This is not to say they’re bad people, once again, but these kinds of things started happening more and more often. I was not allowed to help at all with Genesis 2 prep or anything of the sort. I worked at staples and could have had shirts made and banners made all for free but nobody wanted to take my advice and they all disregarded any idea and help I offered to them. I felt like my opinion didn’t matter. I was also not allowed free entry into any event. As a member of DBR, and helping run the tournament (what very little they allowed me do) I feel I should have gotten free entry. I was treated badly by 3 people about that. Along with how they were treating me, I was developing anger toward Boback. Three other people (Non DBR members) whom I spoke to personally about their entry free, told me Boback let them in for free, including singles and teams.

I had started smoking marijuana around Genesis 1. Some time after I had tried and got addicted to painkillers. This was the time of Genesis 2. Another friend of mine who had been expressing interest in the smash scene wanted to see Genesis, so I invited him there to check it out. He tried to sell drugs there and I didn’t know that at first. I hadn’t known him for too long and don’t know why I would have had brought him with me.

The morning I took the sponsorship money, I really didn’t know if I could get away with it. I didn’t even think about it. I know people won’t believe that I wanted to return the money, and that’s fine. But here’s the story in its entirety. I do know why I wanted to take it. I was having an extremely rough time financially. I also feel like no matter what I say regarding everything here, someone will think I’m lying, even after all these years. I assure you I have nothing to hide, as I’ve lost all that matters anyway.

The day everything happened, I had woken up late because I was not entered into the tournament. Clayton said he swore he left his jacket in the hotel room. So after breakfast we left for the hotel, I went to the room thinking that it couldn’t be in there, because we were at another room.I knocked and a woman I never met opened the door. She was Bob$’s girlfriend, whom I never met, and didn’t even know he had one. If anyone knows Bob, this is a big thing for him and I was surprised to not know about her. I told her about the coat and she said she’d look with us.

Now, people have said the Envelope was on the bed, or under the bed, or in the bathroom, or by the safe. I assure you it was not. As we were looking, the safe was OPEN, and I saw an envelope on the GROUND, between the BED and the SAFE, in the middle of the walkway. It was not in the bathroom, not on the bed, it was sprawled on the floor. I quickly gathered it up thinking it belonged to the tournament and how could they forget that. I had been in that room the night/morning before (without Clayton) counting money with the rest of them and I have pictures to prove it. As I grabbed the envelope with the $6000 sponsorship money I announced we couldn’t find it and we were going to the tournament. We got in the car and Bob$ girlfriend came up to the car and said goodbye, in no way was I hiding the envelope, my initial intention was to take to straight to the venue and give it to Dan.

Upon seeing and grabbing the envelope, we left to bring it to the venue. Clayton and I got sidetracked, on the way to the tournament he got a call from his mom and was told to go to her house and pick up his breakfast mess. We proceeded over there. On the way he asked what the envelope was and I told him it was the sponsorship money for the tournament. He lightly suggested taking it, in no way trying to force me, but thoughts of taking the money entered my mind. As he went in and did his dishes I was thinking about how feasible it would be to take the money. I took out $200, $100 for each of us. I was really nervous and had the jitters. He then took it into his house and said they’ll never find it.

Getting to the tournament I was having second thoughts, he doesn’t know the people I’d be screwing and I do. Friends of almost 10 years. Getting to the tournament, the first match I see is Jeff and Mitchell Tang vs somebody, and my friendship with Mitchell is bar to none. Immediately I wanted to return the money and went to the kitchen where I thought he’d be. He wasn’t there, so I walked around trying to find him. At this point, I was approached by Germ and Sheridan. They asked if I knew where the money went and I denied it. They kept asking, and I knew they knew I had some knowledge about it. They said they just want it back and they would give me money after genesis if I needed help with anything. I still said no, then tried looking for Clayton. Here I was back at the tournament (normally I would say I helped create, but as I had almost NOTING to do with planning or set up…..) and I was seeing all of the friends I’ve made over the years and how fast I would lose everything. A few minutes go by and Bob$ pulls up and asks me to go to the hotel where everyones at, so I give up the search for Clayton and go.

We got there and I was questioned about it, and I lied about it. This was before the cops were involved. I wanted to get the money and return it. I didn’t think that people would notice me bringing it up, but I just wanted to return it and hopefully save any form of friendship I had left. I had thought I was already in too deep. German came and gave me and easy off the hook option. I didn’t take it. I didn’t want him helping me. It was my decision and I didn’t want him being brought into it, despite what everyone thinks, in a situation like that your mind doesn’t always go for the best route.

After a long time of talking, cops were called, and upon still denying my involvement in the money, German and Zohreh, Dan, and the rest, said they just wanted the money back and we’ll all go back to the tournament and forget about it. Boback lied repeatedly to the cops that I wasn’t in the room counting money with them the day before. The cops decided to threaten to search my house along with Claytons house. I gave in, I didn’t want any more trouble for anyone else, especially my aunt, even knowing they wouldn’t find it at my house, and I don’t know where Clayton had it in his house, so I asked to talk to German and told him the truth. The cops took us to Claytons house where they got the money. I gave them everything I had which almost totaled the 200 that was missing, then we drove back to the motel. Upon receiving the money, I was lucky enough for nobody to press charges. They told me to leave, I didn’t even have a shirt on because they took my Genesis shirt.

I tried to go back to the venue to pick up my things, but they didn’t let me in and made me leave. I saw Nick outside and gave him a hug and started crying. As I walked away from the venue I had no idea If I’d ever see any of my friends again.

I must make a personal, public apology to my friend German Arturo Roverso. You looked at me and told me you’d make it seem like you just found it, and I’d be cleared of all suspicion, but I feel people would know you had something to do with helping me. German looked me in the eye and told me, he’d make everything go away if I told him I had it. I thought it would be ok at the time to say I didn’t have the money because I didn’t have it. Semantics. Because of that I swore on my mothers’ grave, and think I broke 3 hearts in that moment. I am eternally sorry for breaking your trust and friendship. Nothing about that was right, there was no justification to be made possible. It was plain wrong.

I do not want a sympathy party. Gods honest truth, my mother passed away when I was 17 years old. My step father was responsible, I haven’t seen him since. My wonderful aunt raised me, with the help of some incredible friends I had around me at the time. After many years of amazing memories I don’t wish to go through on here, I feel like I’ve destroyed my life….German looked me in the eye and told me, he’d make everything go away and I lied to him didn’t take it. I regret that to this day.

My social life is nonexistent. All of the people I left behind because of my stupid decision to take what was not mine had damaged my life, my financial state, and my ability to make and keep friends. I’m constantly thinking about what would have been if one decision was made differently and Im sincerely sorry to all of those that I’ve hurt. Germ, King, Zohreh, Bob$, Kelan, Sheridan, Shane, Anthony, Zach, my aunt Pam, the names keep going, and they are on my mind every day. I want to know how they’re doing, if they’d ever give m the chance to explain myself and the finer details personally. But I can only wish.

A lot of smashers after the incident took me in and DID give me a fair second chance. I have not forgotten any of you, but I wish for your names to remain anonymous for your sake, however thank you a lot it really helped me through those tough transition times.

Some people have touched on the fact that I didn’t post anything right after G2, and that would NOT have been taken genuinely. To elaborate on that, I am not looking for support or sympathy. I think it’s time for all the lies and misconceptions about what happened (caused over time, rumors, and jokes turned serious) and about who I am as a person (not a player) to be known.

Upon getting kicked out of G2, I was not allowed to take any of me belongings. Some of my property was never returned. If I was callous I would make a list, but I am not, and this is not what this is about. Some people have said I may want trust back, that also is not the issue. Reading that thread about what I did at G2 breaks my heart. I know it front to back. A lot of what is said is true about what happened but other things some people said just were not. King stated: “Additionally, this isn’t what you’d call the first blemish on his record.” And I don’t know what he means. I’ve never stolen anything from anybody, especially my friends, and Genesis was the first time. It was the biggest mistake of my life and the only time I’ve done anything like that, I have not repeated those actions before, or after Genesis.

Let’s start with this drug addiction thing. I was addicted to painkillers for almost 2 years and had started smoking a little before then. People were accusing me of being on a lot of really hard stuff. Zohreh posted and told everybody that I was never on anything that like. Here’s an excerpt from Zohreh herself: “I've known serious addicts and dealer and that's all that needs be said. Sorry my use of language wasn't good enough for you. So allow me to correct myself, he's not "on weed," he's "smoking weed." And we know Trebor - he's not doing heroin....so please don't try and tell us, the closest people in his life, what he is or isn't "on" or "smoking." Either way he ****ed up big time and lost everything. Thanks for clearly being one among hundreds that doesn't seem to be as supportive towards our grief.”

I’ve never done anything heavy. On top of that, any addiction I had is gone. Rehab, which was stated countless times in the thread was never needed. I smoke from time to time, and that’s as far as it goes. I don’t smoke cigarettes anymore either. There are a few things I’d like to talk about regarding what she said, but first I need to give a BIG much deserving thank you to Noobking. He reached out to me after hearing about Genesis.

Now, what Zohreh said about “us being the closest people in his life” I’m assuming she’s referring to DBR: Germ, Nick, Boback, King, Bob$, and herself, Zohreh. As good of friends as they were at one point, for the past year things dwindled, and I don’t think they understand that. I’m not having a pity party, nor do I want any condolences. My real close friends at the time, aside from Nick who tends to go MIA for long periods of time, got ear fulls of how I was being treated. Maybe “being treated” isn’t the right terminology, but about things that were going on between all of us. For the record, Boback was never close to me, and we shared dislike for each other almost the entire time we knew each other. There is no point to go much further, bottom line is I had felt out of the group for a long time starting right after Genesis. I blame nobody but myself as I had no idea if I was doing something nobody liked, I felt I was never spoken to about any problems or concerns. To further prove my point, “Zohreh: “You guys - he's not strung out on crack, meth or heroin - it's not that bad, which is what makes it even more upsetting. He needed money for debt that he thought we didn't know about; a large large sum”. I don’t know what money or how large the sum is, but if they knew I was having issues, why wouldn’t they, my closest friends, talk to me about it. Words that are meant for specific people involved will be saved for them, if they even bother to speak with me.

I called a few people to try to explain myself, nobody would hear me and didn’t want to talk to me. I had just lost my job, my aunt was losing her house, I thought I could help, but just hurt everybody I cared about.

A few friends of mine also in the community didn’t disregard me completely. They didn’t want to have anything to do with me for a while but a few came around. Those same people a few months later needed financial help, and since I was doing better since G2 (obviously without the money, as I walked away from the tournament with absolutely nothing) I decided to help them, as they were still there for me after the G2 debacle. Long story short, I borrowed those 2 friends a total of $1090. A week later, neither of them spoke to me except to tell me they wanted nothing to do with me and we weren’t friends anymore.

At that time, I needed to get out of California. I went to Oregon to live a few cousins of mine. After a few months, I travelled north to Portland, where Shane (longtime friend in the community) took me in and let me live with him. While living with him, we went to several tournaments in Oregon and in Washington, taking teams in quite a few tournaments and I placed pretty well despite not playing much anymore.

People there welcomed me. I’m eternally grateful for Washington and Oregon for giving me a chance. There was a big tournament, Northwest Manifest, that I was very nervous to go to because there were going to be some Norcal people there. I was scared. And thank you Otto Bisno for letting me enter.

Sheridan Zalewski was there, and I pulled him outside to apologize to him personally about the lies I told him and my actions on that day. He heard me out, but I think he took anything that I had to say to heart, which was further evidence to me that not enough time had passed. I wasn’t allowed to go to many smashfests because Sheridan or other Norcal’s would be there. The other Norcal people at Manifest I tried to talk to didn’t seem to have a problem with me, but I’m no stranger to people being nice just to disregard your presence, and I don’t blame them.

I’ve reached out to Germ, I’ve reached out to Bob$, I’ve sent a giant apology email to Zohreh. I know I haven’t done everything I can, but I don’t know if there is anything I can do. What happened at Genesis2 is just what I’ve stated above.

Things have been exaggerated by other people, but I did try to take the money. I didn’t think I was “stealing from friends” or “taking away from the community”. There was no obviously malicious intent in my actions, other than to help myself out financially. It was a selfish decision. While Sheridan and Germ were asking me if I knew where it was, they said they’d give me money to help me out if I needed it after the tournament, and I said no. A lot of things that happened at, and between the first and second Genesis events, did influence my opinion on how things were being done around me. A lot of information was kept from me and I don’t know why. I didn’t know there was going to be a second Genesis until Germ, Boback and King told me it was already happening. I felt like a step child and it sucked when I was one of the people who helped create the cew. I don’t post this for any crew drama BS that other people might want to talk about. Its simply my feelings of things that were going on. Which, would never make me want to hurt anyone. I wanted the money to help myself and my family. Hands down.

I live in Wisconsin now. Have attended very few tournaments, anyone that knows me treats me normal. People that don’t know who I am at a tournament, it’s a nice change lol. The Wisconsin people have treated me with respect, and I feel I’ve done the same.

To end this, I’ve lost almost everything important in my life as it was during Genesis. I’ve lost friends I had for years, I’ve lost an entire lifestyle. My confidence has plummeted, I don’t have many friends. I don’t think I can make many friends anymore, I’m still hurt by how I hurt all those I cared about. Every single day I think “I wonder how German’s doin, wish I could see his new art” or “I miss bob and his overly excited self, he’s such a great person and now its gone”. And King, I remember when you stayed at my house for weeks cause you didn’t want to go home. We had amazing times together.

Mitchell: You know you’re still my brother.

And Nick. You were my best friend. Of everybody I’ve ever known, you still carry that title. I miss our road trips, the smell of your rockstars, everything. I think of you daily and hope one day we can reconnect. I’m sorry for lying to you, from the bottom of my heart. You were the biggest loss for me that day, and ever since.

I've reached to all of you several times, with nothing back with the exception of Nick. I hope to hear from the rest at some point.

To anyone else, I’m not looking for forgiveness. Maybe a second chance? I’d be more than willing to podcast and answer questions from everybody if anyone cares enough. I still love smash. I want to be a part of it. It’s been my life for so long and it’s impossible for me to walk away.

Thank you to everyone who's been there for me these last four years, they have definitely not been easy, neither has posting this. I feel I owe this to the community but more importantly to DBR.

Thank you for taking the time to read this. Do with this what you will. I can only hope GERM and others see this.

Zel, Out.
While I have my reservations about this post and it effectively dragging SB into your dilemma, I am happy to see someone come clean after a mistake of this magnitude.

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
Remember kids, this is why drugs are bad when you don't use them right. You may look cool for that moment, but you'll lose everything once the last joint of the pile is done.
You have GOT to be kidding me.

There's a huge difference between smoking a joint, and doing painkillers / hard drugs like he was mentioning.

Please don't be ignorant, I hate it when people make Marijuana sound like Heroine.

The Slayer

RAWR!
NNID
Ren
3DS FC
1778-9825-9960
You have GOT to be kidding me.

There's a huge difference between smoking a joint, and doing painkillers / hard drugs like he was mentioning.

Please don't be ignorant, I hate it when people make Marijuana sound like Heroine.
Please just stop. If you want to talk about people making bad decisions of drugs, then make a thread of it. Not here. Even then, it was more than drugs that was the issue here.

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
Please just stop. If you want to talk about people making bad decisions of drugs, then make a thread of it. Not here. Even then, it was more than drugs that was the issue here.
You're the one who brought up the drug topic, not me.

I am kindly asking that you take your anti weed propaganda elsewhere. I'm Not trying to debate you, or to promote drug use. Thanks.

The Slayer

RAWR!
NNID
Ren
3DS FC
1778-9825-9960
You're the one who brought up the drug topic, not me.

I am kindly asking that you take your anti weed propaganda elsewhere. I'm Not trying to debate you, or to promote drug use. Thanks.
Which was already dealt with a mod stopping it from going anything further than that, but here you are continuing it. I'm sorry if you don't like the comment, not only it's not going anywhere but I'm not continuing it. Anything further than this is just an ignore and report from me. I'm not wasting my post count and time on something that they know it isn't true to them.

Last edited:

DEEK4Y

Smash Apprentice
Go ahead, dude. Whatever floats your boat. Keep working on that "post count" I believe in you. Although I would suggest working on your grammar and syntax because it's really hard to understand what you're saying...

Like.... what? Waste your time on something that they know isn't true to them.... wtf. That sentence makes absolutely no sense. Also, you're being a jerk. So I think an ignore / report is in order on my end as well here.

That being said, even if you reply to this I'm not arguing with you. Simply because you're incapable of expressing yourself properly and you're being rude for no reason other than someone filled your head with all kinds of ignorant anti-weed propaganda.
The mods requested this topic be discussed elsewhere.

Last edited:

Nos

Smash Rookie
Logged in specifically to flame you and make sure everybody knows how wrong your post is. Smoking weed has improved my life dramatically, as has doing MDMA, LSD, psilocybin mushrooms, etc. Drugs are tools and usage varies. Don't blame the drug, blame the person for being addicted or doing a harmful substance (pills). Your blanket statement is dumb, implies that zelgadis' choices and actions weren't his fault, and that its OK to blame drugs for **** ups. Make him own who he is, don't just cry victim like the SJWs and pretend like he's not responsible for his actions

I think I got trolled o well
This is pathetically, obnoxiously wrong. Explain to me how MDMA or really any them, including etc., whatever that may refer to, have improved your life dramatically. Most of them besides MDMA won't hurt you much but the Molly is going to **** up your day. And this is from a guy with my tag.

Don't blame the drug, blame the person for being addicted or doing a harmful substance (pills).
This is victim blaming. Addiction is a fairly serious disease. I've been burned by more drug addicts than you've ever met and they really aren't responsible for their actions. Go into any treatment center or try Alanon and they'll educate you. Drug addict brains have their decision making and prioritizing essentially rewired.

Finally, I remember when I was still stupid and naive enough to separate drugs into good and harmful categories.

Cool

Smash Journeyman
Interesting how this thread has derailed into a drug debate.

Eggz

Smash Hero
You all don't know ****. Treb is the homie, nothing can change that. I'm a testament to ****ed up actions being redeemed, if any of you without moral accord are judging him, rethink yourself. I guarantee your sins outweigh your value.

S2rulL

Smash Journeyman
i like how this thread at him attempting to redeem himself hasn't been derailed by any conversations of drugs and-... oh wait nvm

Cool

Smash Journeyman
i like how this thread at him attempting to redeem himself hasn't been derailed by any conversations of drugs and-... oh wait nvm
Yeah, I wonder if anyone he mainly affected has seen his post.

shadee88

Smash Apprentice
I want to talk on behalf of the issues and occurrence at none other than Genesis2, Held by DBR: I don’t know where to start this. So I’d like to start at the beginning. I feel like I let my best friends and community down. A lot of you know who I am in the community and some in real life. My name is Trebor, and I go by Zelgadis. Slayers was a favorite anime of mine growing up. I used to play SSB64 with my friends, loved how it was different, got hooked. My parents were semi strict so I would play Smash a lot. I was lucky enough to play a Japanese copy of SSBM and didn’t like it at all cause of the new controls, all of which I had no idea what they even did.

The American release was hard to get but a friend happened to get one and we played for a whole weekend. After being obviously the worst out of the bunch I tried to see what I was doing wrong . I was a competitive person growing up and after seeing Patbuns17 record for many characters on the Home Run Contest . I was introduced to L cancelling and was no match for my friends.

My parents were semi strict so I would play Smash a lot. I was lucky enough to played a Japanese copy of SSBM and didn’t like it at all cause of the new controls, all of which I had no idea what they even did.

My first few tournaments I got wrecked by some amazing players. This was back in 2002. I’ve been around a looong time. Fairly active most of the mine, but not so much latterly, which I will discuss soon.

Eventually I became a lot better and attended more and more tournaments. My friend group left and I had nobody to play with, that’s when I met the GERM, I was a Junior in HS and he was a Senior, we were good friends and got along pretty good. He had no idea that there was a second smash game, and once he found out, we were both hooked again.

I taught him a lot of things, he taught me a lot of things, and if I were to bet that he wouldn’t be a great, if not the best Link player. Germ would be a rich man.

Germs brother, Clod Zero and his friend Mike Nasty were all close and after hanging out with them going through some hard times in my life, we because a great group of friends, one that I’ll never forget, and think about very often. I played with The Doug back in oldschool Norcal days, when Rechipherus was the dude nobody could take. And through smashing with Doug and meeting a friend of his, Zach, Zach and I and the entire crew became great friends again. Zach was a member to the wolfpack. We travelled all over Cali trying to find tournaments and extend the scene the best we could, trying to crew battle literally everybody, making cool, combo vids (which we just thought were cool and wanted to make good ones) and they ended up getting big.

BIG DISCLAIMER ABOUT THE DBR VIDEOS: None of the combos are fake. There are a few that look that way, 3 of them, and they are semi staged. If you can find out which, you get a prize.

Fact of the matter is, people saw the videos, and talked all of us up, me especially I feel, to be way better than I admittedly was. I never said I was the best, didn’t come close. This caused a lot of hate and controversy and it was a little stressful at the time. I’m playing a game a love, finally getting recognized by getting ranked in my region, and people say I suck and scrutinize me for videos I’ve made. Which to my defense, Are so old now and way outdated and not good, but brought masses to start playing this game on a competitive level. One of my idols in smash came up to me one time and told me I was his inspiration to playing smash. I was floored.

Also, all artistic credit goes to GERM, he basically made Shined Blind, and the majority of the DBR vids on his own. I was there helping sometimes, but he was always at the wheel. Zohreh was apprehensive that we played video games all the time, but got used to it. Her and I started rough but developed into a good relationship. She took me clothes shopping so I wouldn’t go around looking like some dweeb with no fashion sense. I really appreciate her, and there are things I’d rather talk to her in person than here. Credit should go to GERM. The music perhaps…. That’s where Nick Modica, (hella) comes into play..,.

Nick was the greatest guy I had ever met. From the minute I met him I knew it was gonna be such a good friendship. I knew so little about him and he was trying to get through GERM through me hahahh. We became close very fast. He would live over 1.5 hours away, and come over, weekly, sometimes more than once a week. DBR as a whole went on many road trips to tournaments together. One time I’ll never forget is going to Vegas, so many memories. Omar, Trevyn, and Tony (und1sput3d) (RIP). Nick and I would stay at each others houses for weeks, it was amazing. I remember I hadn’t heard from him in a long time, I called his parents and found out he was at the hospital, I zoomed right there with a mob of people. I can’t keep up with the memories. But with the thing’s hes done for me… I owe him more than I can give. I had nothing to do on Christmas, no family. And he and his family invited me over and it was incredibly special to me… I can’t ever repay him. I tried to once, when he called me one day out of the blue asking to move in with me. Without any hesitation I said of course.

Nick, if you or any other DBR members (BOB $, Dan Hutchinson ()the King) German Roverso). Please get in touch. I’d greatly appreciate it, please do. I’ve changed and want to try to attempt at making amends for the things I’ve done.

I don’t expect forgiveness. I hope maybe that could be an option, but I just want a chance. We were friends for over 8 years, and I’ve done a lot of thinking and changing, and realizing what I’ve done to my life, both personally and socially.

During the first genesis I was responsible for only a little bit. I feel like I helped but, I guess not really that much. My girlfriend helped, was in the kitchen a lot of the time, and got paid 100 dollars. Genesis was AMAZING. I had almost no responsibility for planning it. It was left in the hands of King, Boback and GERM. And hands down, they threw an amazing event. I wish I could have had a little input but… it’s ok. I began to feel left out of my own group that I helped create with GERM, DBR.

Fast forward to Genesis 2. I was not really allowed to do ANYTHING. There were times before where I had a discount where I worked, and would gladly given much more than that for what all of DBR was buying for a party, but they didn’t come to get my discount and that hurt my feelings. I made too big a deal out of it. There came a point where I was no longer invited or let known of the smashfests going on. I wasn’t allowed to accompany them to tournaments often. I didn’t know there were any issues with me. They are not bad people, quite the opposite. My mom died at age 17 and they were there for the most part to help me out at points during those times. Other times, like when my grandmother died, the whole group, Bob money, Germ, Germs lady Zohreh, Boback, they didn’t want to wait one hour for me to get back from the service to go to Nicks house, which was about an hour or so away. I was really hurt. Just an hour, and I needed that. They had a great night but, I was alone grieving. This is not to say they’re bad people, once again, but these kinds of things started happening more and more often. I was not allowed to help at all with Genesis 2 prep or anything of the sort. I worked at staples and could have had shirts made and banners made all for free but nobody wanted to take my advice and they all disregarded any idea and help I offered to them. I felt like my opinion didn’t matter. I was also not allowed free entry into any event. As a member of DBR, and helping run the tournament (what very little they allowed me do) I feel I should have gotten free entry. I was treated badly by 3 people about that. Along with how they were treating me, I was developing anger toward Boback. Three other people (Non DBR members) whom I spoke to personally about their entry free, told me Boback let them in for free, including singles and teams.

I had started smoking marijuana around Genesis 1. Some time after I had tried and got addicted to painkillers. This was the time of Genesis 2. Another friend of mine who had been expressing interest in the smash scene wanted to see Genesis, so I invited him there to check it out. He tried to sell drugs there and I didn’t know that at first. I hadn’t known him for too long and don’t know why I would have had brought him with me.

The morning I took the sponsorship money, I really didn’t know if I could get away with it. I didn’t even think about it. I know people won’t believe that I wanted to return the money, and that’s fine. But here’s the story in its entirety. I do know why I wanted to take it. I was having an extremely rough time financially. I also feel like no matter what I say regarding everything here, someone will think I’m lying, even after all these years. I assure you I have nothing to hide, as I’ve lost all that matters anyway.

The day everything happened, I had woken up late because I was not entered into the tournament. Clayton said he swore he left his jacket in the hotel room. So after breakfast we left for the hotel, I went to the room thinking that it couldn’t be in there, because we were at another room.I knocked and a woman I never met opened the door. She was Bob$’s girlfriend, whom I never met, and didn’t even know he had one. If anyone knows Bob, this is a big thing for him and I was surprised to not know about her. I told her about the coat and she said she’d look with us.

Now, people have said the Envelope was on the bed, or under the bed, or in the bathroom, or by the safe. I assure you it was not. As we were looking, the safe was OPEN, and I saw an envelope on the GROUND, between the BED and the SAFE, in the middle of the walkway. It was not in the bathroom, not on the bed, it was sprawled on the floor. I quickly gathered it up thinking it belonged to the tournament and how could they forget that. I had been in that room the night/morning before (without Clayton) counting money with the rest of them and I have pictures to prove it. As I grabbed the envelope with the $6000 sponsorship money I announced we couldn’t find it and we were going to the tournament. We got in the car and Bob$ girlfriend came up to the car and said goodbye, in no way was I hiding the envelope, my initial intention was to take to straight to the venue and give it to Dan.

Upon seeing and grabbing the envelope, we left to bring it to the venue. Clayton and I got sidetracked, on the way to the tournament he got a call from his mom and was told to go to her house and pick up his breakfast mess. We proceeded over there. On the way he asked what the envelope was and I told him it was the sponsorship money for the tournament. He lightly suggested taking it, in no way trying to force me, but thoughts of taking the money entered my mind. As he went in and did his dishes I was thinking about how feasible it would be to take the money. I took out $200, $100 for each of us. I was really nervous and had the jitters. He then took it into his house and said they’ll never find it.

Getting to the tournament I was having second thoughts, he doesn’t know the people I’d be screwing and I do. Friends of almost 10 years. Getting to the tournament, the first match I see is Jeff and Mitchell Tang vs somebody, and my friendship with Mitchell is bar to none. Immediately I wanted to return the money and went to the kitchen where I thought he’d be. He wasn’t there, so I walked around trying to find him. At this point, I was approached by Germ and Sheridan. They asked if I knew where the money went and I denied it. They kept asking, and I knew they knew I had some knowledge about it. They said they just want it back and they would give me money after genesis if I needed help with anything. I still said no, then tried looking for Clayton. Here I was back at the tournament (normally I would say I helped create, but as I had almost NOTING to do with planning or set up…..) and I was seeing all of the friends I’ve made over the years and how fast I would lose everything. A few minutes go by and Bob$ pulls up and asks me to go to the hotel where everyones at, so I give up the search for Clayton and go.

We got there and I was questioned about it, and I lied about it. This was before the cops were involved. I wanted to get the money and return it. I didn’t think that people would notice me bringing it up, but I just wanted to return it and hopefully save any form of friendship I had left. I had thought I was already in too deep. German came and gave me and easy off the hook option. I didn’t take it. I didn’t want him helping me. It was my decision and I didn’t want him being brought into it, despite what everyone thinks, in a situation like that your mind doesn’t always go for the best route.

After a long time of talking, cops were called, and upon still denying my involvement in the money, German and Zohreh, Dan, and the rest, said they just wanted the money back and we’ll all go back to the tournament and forget about it. Boback lied repeatedly to the cops that I wasn’t in the room counting money with them the day before. The cops decided to threaten to search my house along with Claytons house. I gave in, I didn’t want any more trouble for anyone else, especially my aunt, even knowing they wouldn’t find it at my house, and I don’t know where Clayton had it in his house, so I asked to talk to German and told him the truth. The cops took us to Claytons house where they got the money. I gave them everything I had which almost totaled the 200 that was missing, then we drove back to the motel. Upon receiving the money, I was lucky enough for nobody to press charges. They told me to leave, I didn’t even have a shirt on because they took my Genesis shirt.

I tried to go back to the venue to pick up my things, but they didn’t let me in and made me leave. I saw Nick outside and gave him a hug and started crying. As I walked away from the venue I had no idea If I’d ever see any of my friends again.

I must make a personal, public apology to my friend German Arturo Roverso. You looked at me and told me you’d make it seem like you just found it, and I’d be cleared of all suspicion, but I feel people would know you had something to do with helping me. German looked me in the eye and told me, he’d make everything go away if I told him I had it. I thought it would be ok at the time to say I didn’t have the money because I didn’t have it. Semantics. Because of that I swore on my mothers’ grave, and think I broke 3 hearts in that moment. I am eternally sorry for breaking your trust and friendship. Nothing about that was right, there was no justification to be made possible. It was plain wrong.

I do not want a sympathy party. Gods honest truth, my mother passed away when I was 17 years old. My step father was responsible, I haven’t seen him since. My wonderful aunt raised me, with the help of some incredible friends I had around me at the time. After many years of amazing memories I don’t wish to go through on here, I feel like I’ve destroyed my life….German looked me in the eye and told me, he’d make everything go away and I lied to him didn’t take it. I regret that to this day.

My social life is nonexistent. All of the people I left behind because of my stupid decision to take what was not mine had damaged my life, my financial state, and my ability to make and keep friends. I’m constantly thinking about what would have been if one decision was made differently and Im sincerely sorry to all of those that I’ve hurt. Germ, King, Zohreh, Bob$, Kelan, Sheridan, Shane, Anthony, Zach, my aunt Pam, the names keep going, and they are on my mind every day. I want to know how they’re doing, if they’d ever give m the chance to explain myself and the finer details personally. But I can only wish.

A lot of smashers after the incident took me in and DID give me a fair second chance. I have not forgotten any of you, but I wish for your names to remain anonymous for your sake, however thank you a lot it really helped me through those tough transition times.

Some people have touched on the fact that I didn’t post anything right after G2, and that would NOT have been taken genuinely. To elaborate on that, I am not looking for support or sympathy. I think it’s time for all the lies and misconceptions about what happened (caused over time, rumors, and jokes turned serious) and about who I am as a person (not a player) to be known.

Upon getting kicked out of G2, I was not allowed to take any of me belongings. Some of my property was never returned. If I was callous I would make a list, but I am not, and this is not what this is about. Some people have said I may want trust back, that also is not the issue. Reading that thread about what I did at G2 breaks my heart. I know it front to back. A lot of what is said is true about what happened but other things some people said just were not. King stated: “Additionally, this isn’t what you’d call the first blemish on his record.” And I don’t know what he means. I’ve never stolen anything from anybody, especially my friends, and Genesis was the first time. It was the biggest mistake of my life and the only time I’ve done anything like that, I have not repeated those actions before, or after Genesis.

Let’s start with this drug addiction thing. I was addicted to painkillers for almost 2 years and had started smoking a little before then. People were accusing me of being on a lot of really hard stuff. Zohreh posted and told everybody that I was never on anything that like. Here’s an excerpt from Zohreh herself: “I've known serious addicts and dealer and that's all that needs be said. Sorry my use of language wasn't good enough for you. So allow me to correct myself, he's not "on weed," he's "smoking weed." And we know Trebor - he's not doing heroin....so please don't try and tell us, the closest people in his life, what he is or isn't "on" or "smoking." Either way he ****ed up big time and lost everything. Thanks for clearly being one among hundreds that doesn't seem to be as supportive towards our grief.”

I’ve never done anything heavy. On top of that, any addiction I had is gone. Rehab, which was stated countless times in the thread was never needed. I smoke from time to time, and that’s as far as it goes. I don’t smoke cigarettes anymore either. There are a few things I’d like to talk about regarding what she said, but first I need to give a BIG much deserving thank you to Noobking. He reached out to me after hearing about Genesis.

Now, what Zohreh said about “us being the closest people in his life” I’m assuming she’s referring to DBR: Germ, Nick, Boback, King, Bob$, and herself, Zohreh. As good of friends as they were at one point, for the past year things dwindled, and I don’t think they understand that. I’m not having a pity party, nor do I want any condolences. My real close friends at the time, aside from Nick who tends to go MIA for long periods of time, got ear fulls of how I was being treated. Maybe “being treated” isn’t the right terminology, but about things that were going on between all of us. For the record, Boback was never close to me, and we shared dislike for each other almost the entire time we knew each other. There is no point to go much further, bottom line is I had felt out of the group for a long time starting right after Genesis. I blame nobody but myself as I had no idea if I was doing something nobody liked, I felt I was never spoken to about any problems or concerns. To further prove my point, “Zohreh: “You guys - he's not strung out on crack, meth or heroin - it's not that bad, which is what makes it even more upsetting. He needed money for debt that he thought we didn't know about; a large large sum”. I don’t know what money or how large the sum is, but if they knew I was having issues, why wouldn’t they, my closest friends, talk to me about it. Words that are meant for specific people involved will be saved for them, if they even bother to speak with me.

I called a few people to try to explain myself, nobody would hear me and didn’t want to talk to me. I had just lost my job, my aunt was losing her house, I thought I could help, but just hurt everybody I cared about.

A few friends of mine also in the community didn’t disregard me completely. They didn’t want to have anything to do with me for a while but a few came around. Those same people a few months later needed financial help, and since I was doing better since G2 (obviously without the money, as I walked away from the tournament with absolutely nothing) I decided to help them, as they were still there for me after the G2 debacle. Long story short, I borrowed those 2 friends a total of $1090. A week later, neither of them spoke to me except to tell me they wanted nothing to do with me and we weren’t friends anymore.

At that time, I needed to get out of California. I went to Oregon to live a few cousins of mine. After a few months, I travelled north to Portland, where Shane (longtime friend in the community) took me in and let me live with him. While living with him, we went to several tournaments in Oregon and in Washington, taking teams in quite a few tournaments and I placed pretty well despite not playing much anymore.

People there welcomed me. I’m eternally grateful for Washington and Oregon for giving me a chance. There was a big tournament, Northwest Manifest, that I was very nervous to go to because there were going to be some Norcal people there. I was scared. And thank you Otto Bisno for letting me enter.

Sheridan Zalewski was there, and I pulled him outside to apologize to him personally about the lies I told him and my actions on that day. He heard me out, but I think he took anything that I had to say to heart, which was further evidence to me that not enough time had passed. I wasn’t allowed to go to many smashfests because Sheridan or other Norcal’s would be there. The other Norcal people at Manifest I tried to talk to didn’t seem to have a problem with me, but I’m no stranger to people being nice just to disregard your presence, and I don’t blame them.

I’ve reached out to Germ, I’ve reached out to Bob$, I’ve sent a giant apology email to Zohreh. I know I haven’t done everything I can, but I don’t know if there is anything I can do. What happened at Genesis2 is just what I’ve stated above.

Things have been exaggerated by other people, but I did try to take the money. I didn’t think I was “stealing from friends” or “taking away from the community”. There was no obviously malicious intent in my actions, other than to help myself out financially. It was a selfish decision. While Sheridan and Germ were asking me if I knew where it was, they said they’d give me money to help me out if I needed it after the tournament, and I said no. A lot of things that happened at, and between the first and second Genesis events, did influence my opinion on how things were being done around me. A lot of information was kept from me and I don’t know why. I didn’t know there was going to be a second Genesis until Germ, Boback and King told me it was already happening. I felt like a step child and it sucked when I was one of the people who helped create the cew. I don’t post this for any crew drama BS that other people might want to talk about. Its simply my feelings of things that were going on. Which, would never make me want to hurt anyone. I wanted the money to help myself and my family. Hands down.

I live in Wisconsin now. Have attended very few tournaments, anyone that knows me treats me normal. People that don’t know who I am at a tournament, it’s a nice change lol. The Wisconsin people have treated me with respect, and I feel I’ve done the same.

To end this, I’ve lost almost everything important in my life as it was during Genesis. I’ve lost friends I had for years, I’ve lost an entire lifestyle. My confidence has plummeted, I don’t have many friends. I don’t think I can make many friends anymore, I’m still hurt by how I hurt all those I cared about. Every single day I think “I wonder how German’s doin, wish I could see his new art” or “I miss bob and his overly excited self, he’s such a great person and now its gone”. And King, I remember when you stayed at my house for weeks cause you didn’t want to go home. We had amazing times together.

Mitchell: You know you’re still my brother.

And Nick. You were my best friend. Of everybody I’ve ever known, you still carry that title. I miss our road trips, the smell of your rockstars, everything. I think of you daily and hope one day we can reconnect. I’m sorry for lying to you, from the bottom of my heart. You were the biggest loss for me that day, and ever since.

I've reached to all of you several times, with nothing back with the exception of Nick. I hope to hear from the rest at some point.

To anyone else, I’m not looking for forgiveness. Maybe a second chance? I’d be more than willing to podcast and answer questions from everybody if anyone cares enough. I still love smash. I want to be a part of it. It’s been my life for so long and it’s impossible for me to walk away.

Thank you to everyone who's been there for me these last four years, they have definitely not been easy, neither has posting this. I feel I owe this to the community but more importantly to DBR.

Thank you for taking the time to read this. Do with this what you will. I can only hope GERM and others see this.

Zel, Out.

Well, 2 wrongs dont make a right..... the TO should have returned the stuff................. they belong on the TO blacklist too.....

SegaPlayer404

Smash Rookie
This response is like 5 years late but I dont care.

If outside circumstances are affecting you that badly, maybe just don't play. Even if your "friends" were doing something dubious behind your back, you still did something that was 20 times worse.

Top Bottom