• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Generic Jigglypuff Questions...

Tomotoya

Smash Apprentice
1. How applicable is wavedashing with Jiggs? Her WD is pretty short and she is mostly an aerial character anyway...

2. Short hop or full hop? Short hop is obviously faster, but doesn't provide as many possible attack angles...

3. Assuming you SHFFL aerials, do you fast fall purposefully? It might just be me, but I usually have to skip over FFing (in a short hop) to L-cancel properly.

4. Tips on getting off fast u-tilts? I usually end up doing accidental up smashes or jump (control stick)-->u-air.

Responses welcome.

ChozenOne

Smash Champion
1. How applicable is wavedashing with Jiggs? Her WD is pretty short and she is mostly an aerial character anyway...
Wavedashing is good for spacing, and mindgames. It also allows you to continue to face one direction while moving in another.. ie- if you were trying to space correctly inorder to get a rest, or counteratk w/ an Fsmash... Wavedashing=Cornerstone

2. Short hop or full hop? Short hop is obviously faster, but doesn't provide as many possible attack angles...
In terms of WoPing a full hop will allow you to do 2 fully completed Bairs, where as a SH'd Bair is much faster, but allows for less followup.. ie- less options w/ SH. Different situations call for different tactics though.. so don't quote me on that...

3. Assuming you SHFFL aerials, do you fast fall purposefully? It might just be me, but I usually have to skip over FFing (in a short hop) to L-cancel properly.
Yes. All of the time. This is where technical skill really pays off. Alot of times inorder to followup a combo/follow through on one is to fast fall due to a character being at a % too low to effectivly knock them into the air. Practice, Practice, Practice my good sir. I also sometimes fastfall when i'm recovering inorder to throw off my opponent's timing.. this like that. And depending on DIing and things of that nature.. i've most certainly gotten some gimpy rests due to fastfalls.. Mindgames ftw.

4. Tips on getting off fast u-tilts? I usually end up doing accidental up smashes or jump (control stick)-->u-air.
answer->

If you want a trick for the Utilts.. if you have no jumps left/your in the middle of doing a move therefore you cannot perform another one, you can hold Up on the control stick, and you won't move.. then you can mash Up A, and all you'll get are Utilts..

Or when you push Up while doing another move.. due to the fact that you cannot do two moves at once..
Good Day Sir.

Top Bottom