• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

General matchup thread.

Barndo

Alaska TO/FGC Member
NNID
zenbakudon
Allow me to preface this by saying these are based off of my experience with Falcon vs. Link matchup, no other data has been collected aside from personal experience and knowledge.

I'm pretty sure that Link vs. Falcon should still be in our favor. Link's Nair had some pretty good range, and I believe decent priority over our Nairs, but Fair, Bair, and Uair should all still be fine (possibly with the exception of Fair). You should be able to short hop over any arrow he shoots or full hop over his boomerang, as for the bombs, if you shield them they will somewhat reflect back towards Link, and you can attempt to knock him into it or bait him to go near it when it explodes. The main defense link will have against our Dash Attacks will likely be well timed grabs, as well as shorthop fastfall Nairs.

Boomerangs are probably going to be the most common counter to Falcon's generally straight-forward approach. You could easily mix up your approach by dashing -> pivot -> short hop -> Bair if he tries to arrow you or grab you. Link's camping and defense is just as predictable as a dashgrab or a dash attack from Falcon.

As for follow ups, Uair strings may be a bit less of a viable option, since Link's Dair has some pretty good priority and range. Bairs are probably going to be your safest bet while in the air, unless you can catch Link with a Uair while he is still tumbling. Anyway, the simple way to word it, you're going to have to approach him differently. Link MU is going to be akin to like DHD or Mega Man. They're going to shoot at you as long as you let them, it's just approaching them at just the right angle to keep yourself out of danger. Perfect shield as often as possible.

Top Bottom