• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

General luigi tactics

Kham

Smash Cadet
Approaching

How should i be approaching with luigi? SH dairs have poor priority and the other guy sees it coming a mile away because luigi's SH is so high. fireballs go straight and makes them kinda easy to dodge.

Landing up B
What i've been doing is sh double uair, sh uair and then up b. Is there something else i can try?

Kham

Smash Cadet
Ah... the bair's while facing the opponent aren't meant to hit them are they? Or am i missing something?

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
lol i dont fully understand that Bair thign either but maybe because of its speed and how UNEXPECTED it would be itd work? :p

Fireballs may go forward but they cut off jumping a little if you SH fireball..another situational deffence

Zantetsu2

Smash Apprentice
Ah... the bair's while facing the opponent aren't meant to hit them are they? Or am i missing something?
Like I have said many times before, SSB64 is extremely broken. Luigi's bair can hit opponents even when he's facing them.

hambread

Smash Apprentice
oh i see... then is there some nifty trick with DB which everyone overlooked?

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
lol well i kinda reviewed it for a second but the application is bad so, i guess im not any more :p but umm you shouldnt lead peopel astray :p with yoru rep you know if you told people it snowed in june they'd build you a snowman :p

cam`

Smash Apprentice
you are funny too! if you knew what irreverent meant you'd know i wasn't 'calling names.' anyone who's read more than a couple of isai's posts knows he's rarely to be taken seriously.

Rupus

BRoomer
BRoomer
ir·rev·er·ent (-rvr-nt)
adj.
1. Lacking or exhibiting a lack of reverence; disrespectful.
2. Critical of what is generally accepted or respected; satirical: irreverent humor.

I'd say that calling someone disrespectful is insulting.

cam`

Smash Apprentice
are you kidding me? look in this -very same thread-
i hope u guys aren't taking me seriously
it's not an insult, its fact that many of malva's posts on the 64 boards are tongue in cheek and not posted with any kind of seriousness. ie.. 2. Critical of what is generally accepted or respected; satirical: irreverent humor.

it's really not that hard guys.

JaimeHR

Smash Ace
What is pretty obvious here is that you need 'moar' Smash and less talk xP!

Luigi's uair and fireball spam are good too approach at least for me, you can also use down B to keep your opponent away from you but try to not over use it much or you'll eventually get too predictable.

even if Luigi's Fireballs go straight forward they can still be useful if used right.

jimmyjoe

Filthy Hori
Premium
it was pretty funny how people even tried to show how Backairs hit from the front.. lol anyway...

try using the fireballs to move in for a throw, or more likely to follow them into the air with an up air from the ground. it has better speed and priority then coming in from above with a downair, but obviosly switch it up to keep them on their toes, and there are occasions where you might catch them off guard with a down b, it gives you a nice delay in the air but its obviously not right for most situations.

Top Bottom