• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

General Discussion- Pokemon Trainer: What do you think of him?

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Ok so I just had the idea I would go around the character communities and ask for your comments about pokemon train.

Do you like him? do you think he is ok? is he just plain bad or n00bish for your taste? Do you think You would stand a chance against a pokemon trainer player? I figured I'd start from top to bottom and this is my first stop: Bowzer.

I am ignorant of many communities except for the characters I use, I have a decent knowlege from the communities I most commonly visit. I hope to learn a little bit from what you guys have to say.

So tell me what you think from as many aspects for Bowser vs PT.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
I think it's quite effective when your behind in the match and you need to rack some damage up to your opponent. I can agree it's a bit cheap but just lke the infinite you can do with a fan, there is a way to get out of it.

DiasFlac

Smash Journeyman
I only like Squitle. The other two are lame. Ivysaur can rack up damage but I find it hard to kill with him. Well tbh I find it hard to kill with all of them cept Charizard.

Bullet Seed is really good against heavyweights but if you keep your distance you shouldn't have to worry about it so much.

Demenise

Smash Journeyman
You can kill easily upwards with Ivysaur, Dias. Sideways with Forward Smash, but there are so many opporitunities upwards.

Anyway, my views.

Squirtle: Squirtle's small. Bowser is big. Squirtle can run circles around Bowser. Bowser can negate many of his short hopped approaches with Fire Breath, but a smart Squirtle will be higher up. Bowser kills Squirtle quickly, while Squirtle doesn't kill Bowser until a higher percent. However, I say that Squirtle has the advantage.

Ivysaur: Ivysaur outranges Bowser in every way. He's not bad at killing Bowser as well. However, Bullet Seed will be a little hard to land on a good Bowser, considering that his attacks have quick start up and can easily interrupt it. Off the edge, Bowser can edgehog, of course. A campy Ivysaur ruins all chances of waiting for Ivysaur to approach unfortunately. This matchup is in Ivy's favor.

Charizard: I'm still debating this myself. Charizard has the superior edgeguarding, damage racking, and off-stage game. Bowser has the superior overall power, as well as KO power. Charizard's spike destroys Bowser's recovery, and his Rock Smash also destroys Bowser. I think it's in Charizard's favor.

I think:

Squirtle > Bowser
Charizard > Bowsr
Ivysaur >>> Bowser

Demenise

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, PT is cool. I second him. Ivysaur's probably the best.

Anyway, what's this got to do with the Bowser forum?
He's asking for your opinion on Bowser vs. Pokemon Trainer. He's asking about who has the advantage and whatnot.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Dont forget move discussion, like which move is better or you like/hate the most XD but yeah I was Demenise sums it up quite well, but you guys have more to add feel free

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
I haven't fought enough PTs to get a good enough data sample. I've destroyed a few but that doesn't help give me information.

However, a CAMPING PT can be a royal pain in the ***. I only fought this camper a few times before I opted to never fight them again. I won one of the matches, but it was a hollow victory because it took me 5-7 minutes to finally kill the PT. Sucked any enjoyment out of the game, at all.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Ouch. That would be enough to ruin a match. I don't really camp as PT I'm always onthe attack or defence so you get your money's worth when fighting me.

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
I know it's a legit strategy and all, but it didn't change how insanely annoying it is.

HotshotScott0007

Smash Cadet
PT is one of my mains his varying styles give u the best options in all fields

i personally dont like squirtle much his water gun is useless and withdraw seems to be more trouble than its worth as it is hard to control and i usually find myself having to jump back on the stage leaving me open for attack however if used well he could be quite good but i tend to not use him much

ivysaur is a good all rounder and is good at racking up some damage (bullet seed is great for that) his upsmash is incredibly strong and can hit practically anyone with a fair amount of damage off the top of the screen

when the opponent is on relatively high percentage switch to charizard and finish the job with rock smash or a smash i also find it handy to switch to him when i am on a high percentage so as to reduce knockback compared to as if i was playing as squirtle or ivysaur

as for how they match up to bowser

bowser vs squirtle is a tough one as squirtle could run rings around bowser and slowly rack up damage but i think bowser would have the edge in this matchup as he can catch squirtle in firebreath to build up damage and just needs one good smash to finish him off on not that high percentages and squirtle would have to damage bowser considerably to kill him

bowser vs ivysaur i tip it in ivysaurs favour as he can rack up damage well and a smash could finish him while still having more speed than bowser

as for bowser vs charizard it would be a tough battle as charizard would be a bit quicker but bowser has a bit mor power i couldnt call a clear winner in this one its too tight

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Well Squirtle's water gun is only useless to the way I play. When I first started maining as him I fantacised a way to use it in his edgeguarding capabilities, if you catch my drift. Also his withdrawl I don't use as much anymore but I do use it occasionally for recovery. Using Withdrawl to recover is the same exact thing as using MArth's Shield Breaker to recover, but you don't have to charge up withdrawl, but the whole vertical decline towards the stage is exactly the same between the two.

Top Bottom