• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gen V RMT - One Piece Theme

Moozle

Smash Champion
I recently made this team, and it has turned out to be my best performing one so far. I’ve been playing it in the Wifi tier, but I think it would do fine in the Dream World tier as well. It’s pretty generic, so any unique suggestions would be appreciated. I’m making it have a One Piece theme because One Piece is the best, and this team is the best ^^ Not using members of the Straw Hat Crew for extra fun :p

Borutorosu (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Mischievous Heart
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Taunt
- Thunder Wave
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]

I struggled for a long time trying to find a good lead to use in Gen V. Finally I decided to try out Borutorosu, and boy am I glad I did. It does a great job of dealing with all common weather leads except Tyranitar which is taken care of by the rest of my team (I really hate fighting against weather) and has great synergy with everyone else. Thunder Wave is really useful for my team since every person on it except for Borutorosu is really slow. He also hits surprisingly hard with thunderbolt, and does a great job of luring in stuff like Gliscor for the HP Ice KO.

Borutorosu is Enel for obvious reasons. They both have that circle thing, and both control electricity like a boss. The only difference is that Enel is a deush and Borutorosu is nice and supports my whole team.

Rotom-W @ Choice Specs
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SAtk
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Hydro Pump
- Thunderbolt
- Shadow Ball
- Trick

I’ve always preferred specs rotom over scarf rotom, and it is only made better in Gen 5 with STAB Hydro Pump. This thing is really powerful, has good coverage, and is pretty bulky even without any significant amounts of def investment (+2 rock slide from Dory does like 60%). Rotom is one of my checks for Rank, which I am always scared of when I see it come out. I really don’t use Trick that often, so lately I’ve been thinking about changing it to HP Fire.

Rotom is Jimbei. Both are big and bulky, and can shoot water all over the place :D I really love Jimbei, and I really love Rotom!

Blissey (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 200 Def / 56 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Wish
- Protect
- Toxic
- Seismic Toss

Boring but effective. I was playing Gen 4 yesterday and was really annoyed by the fact that Blissey’s wish only healed the receiver’s hp by half lol. Bliss has awesome synergy with Rank, especially since people almost always switch in Nattorei against Blissey, and Rank eats Nattorei for breakfast. Of course Bliss takes all of the Draco Meteors directed at Rotom/Roobushin/Rankurusu as well. I kind of use Blissey as a crutch when I build teams, but that’s okay :p

Blissey is Boa Hancock because they are both sexy ladies! Boa will give anything to protect Luffy, and Blissey sacrifices herself for the good of others. Blissey wishes for her teammates just as Boa Hancock wishes for Luffy. I was going to make her that Hippo girl from Thriller Bark but I couldn't find a picture lol.

Roobushin (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Guts
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Bulk Up
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Payback

Again, standard. He actually hasn’t been doing as much as he used to on my teams, but he’s still effective. I’ll take suggestions for something that could potentially be more useful, but I’m not sure if anything else could fit the spot any better than he does. Also has good synergy with Bliss, since a lot of people switch in Latios against him.

Roobushin is Diamond Jozu because they are both big hulking brutes who love to bulk up and then smash stuff.

Rankurusu (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Calm Mind
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Recover

Oh the star of the team :D Rankurusu is so useful it’s crazy. It ruins most stall teams, hits really hard, and is a pain in the butt for the opponent to take down. I posted this set before and people suggested Psycho Shock over Psychic, and after a lot of testing I’m sure that Psychic is the better option (at least for the way that I use Rank). Blissey, Chansey, and other Rankurusu are the only reasons to run psycho shock. I wall Bliss and Chansey anyways, and I have 2 checks for Rank on my team already. Psychic hits much harder in most situations.

Rankurusu is Gecko Moria because every time I mess someone up because of Magic Guard and start setting up I laugh like Gecko Moria (sheeeeee shee shee shee shee). It’s weird that my favorite pokemon on the team is represented by one of my least favorite OP characters lol.

Scizor (M) @ Choice Band
Trait: Technician
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Superpower
- Pursuit

I originally had Jirachi here (Twave/Sub/Fire Punch/Iron Head), but I’ve decided that Scizor is better for my team. Without him it’s a big gamble of whether or not Rotom will be able to take care of Rank, and he is also a big help in taking care of Tyranitar without fire moves. Giving up Jirachi has given me a bit of a Scizor/Natt weakness, but it’s not that bad. At first I wasn’t very satisfied with what Scizor was doing, but now I’m really glad he’s on my team.

Scizor is Dracule Mihawk because I couldn’t think of anyone better (Maybe Mr.1 from Baroque works, but he’s not nearly as cool as Hawk Eye Mihawk) and because they both hit like a truck and are the best at what they do.

That’s about it :) Might update this with a threat list if I run into anything that consistently whoops me. Thanks for reading and commenting!

Pogogo

Smash Journeyman
Nice team. A couple of comments. Did you consider not speed training your lead? With mischevious heart twave, he may benefit from additional bulk and can taunt just as effectively. Also consider volt change, great for when you are in a favourable and ur op must switch or when you are in an unfavourable position to add that little bit a dmg(provided you stick with speed). Remember electric flying is amazing typing. Where are the sr? The most imba move is still essential in 5th gen despite the current usage. Jirachi is a great idea but use him like a blissey instead of blissey, who just sits there being useless on a team thats not geared to being completley stally. People will read ur toxic and switch to a steel guy/poison guy/magic guard. Twave would be much better on it allowing for free drain punches and uturns. You should get it, even if you choose to keep blissey.

Cm rank=really good. Might consider replacing fb with hidden power fighting or something for pp and accuracy. With magic guard and recover, this guy plays like a slow set up and benefits from accuracy rather than a burst. God hes annoying.

Best roob set by far(is there another one?) and great choice of guy. No probs here.

Scizor is the guy, at least in 4th gen, you throw in when you cant think of any other guy. I would swap for someone else. When you play, look for guys/strats you have a problem with and use this 6th slot to cover ur counters or cover areas, such as def wall, speed, priority, covered by only one guy etc.

Riddle

Smash Lord
Pogogo said:
Best roob set by far(is there another one?) and great choice of guy. No probs here.
CB Roob is better depending on the team imo.

[reserved for full rate when I feel like it]

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
I lol'd at using "imbalanced" to describe something Pokemon-related

Moozle

Smash Champion
Nice team. A couple of comments. Did you consider not speed training your lead? With mischevious heart twave, he may benefit from additional bulk and can taunt just as effectively. Also consider volt change, great for when you are in a favourable and ur op must switch or when you are in an unfavourable position to add that little bit a dmg(provided you stick with speed). Remember electric flying is amazing typing. Where are the sr? The most imba move is still essential in 5th gen despite the current usage. Jirachi is a great idea but use him like a blissey instead of blissey, who just sits there being useless on a team thats not geared to being completley stally. People will read ur toxic and switch to a steel guy/poison guy/magic guard. Twave would be much better on it allowing for free drain punches and uturns. You should get it, even if you choose to keep blissey.

Cm rank=really good. Might consider replacing fb with hidden power fighting or something for pp and accuracy. With magic guard and recover, this guy plays like a slow set up and benefits from accuracy rather than a burst. God hes annoying.

Scizor is the guy, at least in 4th gen, you throw in when you cant think of any other guy. I would swap for someone else. When you play, look for guys/strats you have a problem with and use this 6th slot to cover ur counters or cover areas, such as def wall, speed, priority, covered by only one guy etc.
Thanks for the detailed suggestions :)

I suppose I could try out some extra HP EVs on Borutorosu, but I like knowing that I can outspeed stuff like Landlos that seem to commonly switch in to me. I'm definitely keeping HP Ice, since I've killed a ton of Landlos and Gliscor with it, and it gives me a reliable way of hitting things like Hippowdon.

Blissey definitely doesn't sit around doing nothing. Without Bliss I would have a big weakness to Heatran and all of the dragons that carry strong fire type moves. Bliss also helps me against rain teams.

I like being able to KO Tyranitar at +1 with Rank.

Scizor was who I put in to cover my weak areas lol ^^

xxmoosexx

Smash Lord
Rank's nowadays are absolutely crying for Spiritomb's. Be careful with it. I've met a couple Choice Band Trick Spiritomb's.

Just watch out for mixtars.

Thats all I have to say.

Top Bottom