• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

(Gen V OU) RMT SpeedSpore

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Introduction​

Hey guys. I just started with competitive pokemon and Ive been building an insane amounts of teams. Now Ive been taking a liking to this team, so I decided to work on it. Now Ive adjusted for a while but Im still not sure about Smeargle, having switched him around with a lot so far (Cloyster, Empoleon, Blaziken, Absol, Arcanine, Chansey) all to no avail. So without further a due, here is the team!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Quick glance at the team​

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The Team​

Breloom @ Choice Scarf
Adamant | Effect Spore
255 Atk / 255 Spd
~Spore
~Bullet Seed
~Mach Punch
~Superpower

Breloom is my lead to get a Spore in, giving me a safe switch to set up my opponent. He can eventually get switched in and quickly drop a MachPunch for the priority or anything else really. The fact that he ChoiceScarfs a spore is what created the name for this team, SpeedSpore.

Ninjask @ Focus Sash
Jolly | Speed Boost
+255 Spd / +255 hp
~Baton Pass
~Swords Dance
~Substitute
~Protect

My set-up pokemon. Ninjask can stall with Sub/Protect til stage6 speed. If the opponent uses the time to set me up, I can Swords Dance. Eventually I Baton Pass into one of the following pokemon...

Garchomp @ Lum Berry
Adamant | Sand Veil
+255 Atk / +80 Spd / +172 HP
~Dragon Claw
~Outrage
~EarthQuake
~Brick Break

Garchomp, we all know him. He has perfect neutral coverage, making him a popular choice. Garchomp profits from the speed as he isnt a natural sprinter, and he can also gain from having his attack raised by SD. I can DragonClaw pretty much anyone and EarthQuake or Brick Break when theyre super effective. Garchomps weaknesses are Dragon and Ice, Dragon gets covered by having a setup and Ice gets covered by...

Rotom-W @ Electric Gem
Modest | Levitate
+255 SpAtk / +255 SpDef
~Hydro Pump
~Thunderbolt
~HiddenPower Ice
~Sucker Punch

Rotom is a god amongst men. The SpDef is to switch in even better on iceys and then use ElecGem+Thunderbolt to pretty much ohko them, even if they arent watery. HP Ice just because it covers pretty nicely. Sucker Punch often finishes a deal quickly, I like it even if it doesnt deal THAT much damage. Anyways, moving on to myyy

Shedinja @ Focus Sash
Hasty | Wonder Guard
~Baton Pass
~Sucker Punch
~Shadow Claw
~X Scissor

Shedinja is a great late-game sweeper and just completely shuts down some pokemon. Even if you switch in another poke, he has great type coverage with SC and X Scissor, often allowing for a SC/Xscissor on switchout, another one while taking a hit with Focus Sash and then finishing off with a Sucker Punch (I killed many a Urugamoth with that combo). I often keep Shedinja around just to shut down some pokes and he can be an amazing late game sweeper. If he has maxed attack with Sword Dance he can easily sweep entire teams. Most of the time Ill just kill someone and Baton Pass away.

Smeargle @ Focus Sash
Timid | Own Tempo
+255 Spd / +255 hp
~Spore
~Substitute
~Shell Smash
~Baton Pass

This one Im not sure of. In the beginning, the set was based around SpeedSpore > ShellSmash, but pokemon with priority attacks just destroyed my pokes, the defense falling was too much on my pokes. Smeargle oftentimes just gets banked til the end of the battle, which sucks.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Quick note on the new team partner

I was told I could try a stat lowerer like Bastiodon because I have troubles with walls every so often. Ohwell. I also considered a Octothingy, because it has sick SpAtk and with a full speed boost it can easily take out it weaknesses with EnergyBall/Thunderbolt/Flamethrower. Butttt lets see about that.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sooooooo​

Comments, improvement etc is all welcome. Im new to pokeman, so dont be surprised if there are some really basic mistakes in this set, I made it yesterday evening before I went to bed, haha. I wouldnt mind leaving out Shedinja either, he dies by entry hazards/weather way to often, but what should I replace him with? Like this he actually ADDS something to the team, I dont see other pokes doing that.

IceArrow

Smash Lord
Breloom is supposed to have Technician, not effect spore.

Your team gets destroyed by Stealth Rock.

Take out shedinja ninjask and smeargle and put in Espeon Scizor and Shandera (if he is still in OU, I havent played for a while).

Give Rotom Will o Wisp instead of Sucker Punch.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Your team is wrecked by Ferrothorn. Just hope he doesn't carry Curse.

Deathfox30

Smash Journeyman
Breloom is supposed to have Technician, not effect spore.

Your team gets destroyed by Stealth Rock.

Take out shedinja ninjask and smeargle and put in Espeon Scizor and Shandera (if he is still in OU, I havent played for a while).

Give Rotom Will o Wisp instead of Sucker Punch.
Techniloom isn't legal yet I don't think.

You're wasting EV's... 4 EVs = 1 stat point 255 isn't divisible by 4, so the maximum amount of EV's you can have in one stat is 252. You can also put the extra 6 EV's (although only 4 are needed) into another stat. So instead of 255/255, do 252/252/4. This gives you 63/63/1 Rather than just having 63/63.

I'll be blunt. This team isn't very good. :/ Shedinja isn't viable. Sand is everywhere. Same for Stealth Rock. Scarf Breloom isn't very good. You'd be better off using Subseed since you can easily switch in on Ferrothorn or Jellicent (just watch out for WoW) and set up. Rotom shouldn't have any physical attacks. Brick Break is outclassed by Fire Fang or Fire Blast on Garchomp. Smeargle isn't bad; just fix the EV's. Ninjask is horrible. It takes 50% from SR, sash is broken by SR or weather, and it's outclassed by a lot of other baton passers. Especially ones who can pass Shell Break. +2/+2/+2 is ridiculously good and it's easy to sweep if you pass to the right Pokemon. Leftovers or White Herb would be better than Focus Sash on Smeargle. If you have to Baton Pass without a sub, you don't want those defense drops.

I can't tell if you're just trolling or if you really just started. Either way you should read Riddle's guide and study the metagame then make a team.

Edit: this text color is soooooo bad, omg

E123-omega

Smash Journeyman
You should replace Ninjask's focus sash with leftovers or sitrus berry so you can make more subs, also sash is useless after you have made a sub.

Top Bottom