• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gen 6 Pokemon will be out BEFORE Smash 4...

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheCreator

Smash Lord
What on earth makes you think it's normal type? Lol
And to me this marks mewtwo as shoe in.
I would like lucario to stay. But if he left I wouldn't be upset.
:phone:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
What on earth makes you think it's normal type? Lol
It's pink like several other normal types. It has bows which I think is an allusion to the pink bow item. Besides what other type could it be?

TheCreator

Smash Lord
It's pink like several other normal types. It has bows which I think is an allusion to the pink bow item. Besides what other type could it be?
Yeah you're right...I just wanted the normal evo to be a bigger tougher version of Eevee doe. Guess I'm in denial.

And possibly flying, but I doubt it.

D

Deleted member

I can honestly see Mewtwo and Lucario being in Smash without even adding a 5th or 6th Gen at this point.
It seems that rather than trying to make a repeat of Zoroark, they brought back the TRUE PokeGod (screw you, Arceus).

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Its name reada as Ninfia. What a weird name...
Does anyone else think it looks like Victini?

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Every even numbered gen has introduced atleast two eeveelutions, so we can expect another.

D

Deleted member

That sounds like a pattern-based analysis.

......I hate those.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
I am guessing this Ninfia is flying and it will be paired with a ground version.

3Bismyname

Smash Champion
if it werent for Espeon already being a thing id think it was psychic. its pretty ambiguous as far as type identity goes. though normal is a safe guess.

D

Deleted member

Each Generation getting an electric rodent with cheek pouches is a clear non-coincidental pattern.

Every even Generation introducing 2 Eevee evolutions is mere coincidence until proven to be in effect, considering it's only happened twice so far.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
A flying and ground type Eevee would seem to be pair with the X and Y naming scheme of the new games. On a grid the X axis is horizantal (ground) and the Y axis is vertical (flying). A flying type for Y and a ground type for X.

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
Definitely gives off the flying type vibe to me, the ribbons that look like feathers at the tips and the bows also look like butterfly wings so that could play more into it as well.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Pink with ribbons reminds me more of a normal type. Though I don't imagine that's possible

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
A flying and ground type Eevee would seem to be pair with the X and Y naming scheme of the new games. On a grid the X axis is horizantal (ground) and the Y axis is vertical (flying). A flying type for Y and a ground type for X.
And what type would go with Z then.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Water.

Land Sea and Air

The Behemoth, Leviathan and Ziz

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
And Groudon doesn't look like the behemoth.

They fit the roles, all the same.

Then again, we don't actually know what any of them look like do we?

TheCreator

Smash Lord
Well. Groudon does fit the roll of behemoth. Because that one is subjective. It's just a giant land monster. But the leviathan is a serpent. Rayquaza resembles it more than kyogre. Regardless, yeah they do symbolize it all the same.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Been reading up some on sites that the Legendarys might take after some of Norse Mythology and Yggdrasil (among Chromosomes and XY axis), the region being based off of Europe and whatnot, any thoughts here? This is what I've seen guessed:

• X being based on the 4 Stag of Yggdrasil, Dáinn, Dvalinn, Duneyrr and Duraþrór (each horn on X is colored differently to represent them as they each represent the 4 elements). It also probably takes inspiration from Eikþyrnir which is another stag.
  • Y being based on Veðrfölnir, a bird that rests a top Yggdrasil.
Based on this:
  • Z (?) would most likely be based on the Dragon Níðhöggr who lives beneath Yggdrasil (Ground/Dragon?).
  • An Event Pokemon would most likely represent Yggdrasil itself (Grass?). Yggdrasil could also explain why X was in a forest in the trailer.
  • Wouldn't be surprised either if the legendary trio was based on some Norse Warriors like Thor.
Personally am still betting on this.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
I'm quite thrilled for the news. New Eeveolution as we had predicted! I wonder if it's Flying-type.
(-lul-)

Also Mewtwo's seemingly going to return at the newest movie. Definitely makes him relevant all over again!

Spire

III
BRoomer
Reviving Mewtwo is the best ****ing strategy. Way to go Nintendo, ensuring that Mewtwo returns time and again as a true Pokémon staple, be he villainous or not. Seems like he's going to come back to kick Genesect's ***.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom