• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

GC Controller on Project 64k 2.2

treyduuce

Smash Rookie
Can someone please help me with trying to get a gamecube controller to work with project 64 using the wiiu adapter? I've looked around smashboards and youtube and google, and everything I've tried hasnt worked. I've downloaded plugins, switched rawdata off, switched mempak to none, plugged/unplugged etc and nothing I've done works. So if anyone has any hailmary tips it's appreciated.

D

Deleted member

if i understand correctly, it doesn't work. my advice, get the real thing or nothing.

RPGgrenade

Smash Apprentice
I'm not sure how to get it to work necessarily as I did such a long time ago. If you've installed the necessary drivers you can emulate virtual gamepads using a program called Wii U USB GCN Adapter. It's a program that emulates the controllers you plug in as plugged in gamepads. my Project 64 (version 1.6) picks this up nicely. Maybe that could be the issue?

Uair

Banned via Warnings
Can someone please help me with trying to get a gamecube controller to work with project 64 using the wiiu adapter? I've looked around smashboards and youtube and google, and everything I've tried hasnt worked. I've downloaded plugins, switched rawdata off, switched mempak to none, plugged/unplugged etc and nothing I've done works. So if anyone has any hailmary tips it's appreciated.
There used to be a tutorial on what you had to do to get Project64k 2.2 to work, but after realizing how much time and effort it would take to make it as good/better than regular PJ64k, and Mupen64++. Let alone the fact kaillera is unstable, and AQZ is the best option since it never DSs and supports saves states. (Not just saves, but actual savestates so you can play LOZ oot multiplayer)

Just use regular Project64k, it is still far superior to the 2.2 version. Unless someone decides to recreate all of PJ64k's features on the new core version then it's just a dead project.

Top Bottom