• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

GC Button Mapping for Ryu

v-Eos

Smash Rookie
Hey Guys,

I'm currently using a GameCube Controller with the standard settings with one exception of the C-Stick set to Attack so I am able to U-Tilt lock properly.

I was wondering, are there any custom setups (like Attack for Y or something crazy like that) that you suggest that I try in order to improve my consistency? I feel like the standard set-up is kind of lacking when it comes to my gameplay and just wanted some ideas from you guys.

Thanks!
V. :4ryu:

Neutricity

Smash Apprentice
I just use C-Stick for Attack and that is all I need to u-tilt lock. Keep in mind that players will get better at getting out of the lock so try not to make that your bread and butter.

PChron

Smash Cadet
NNID
GuamPirate
C-stick set to attack is a must. It allows you to perform directional rising nairs, which is super important

WD40

Smash Apprentice
NNID
adamwd
I put Attack also on L just to be used for True Shoryuken out of tilts. I find it faster to link walking utilt to true shoryuken this way. You never have to take your hands off the c-stick or control stick.

PChron

Smash Cadet
NNID
GuamPirate
I put Attack also on L just to be used for True Shoryuken out of tilts. I find it faster to link walking utilt to true shoryuken this way. You never have to take your hands off the c-stick or control stick.
By the way, downtilt is a lot easier to combo into itself with the a-button. I'm not sure exactly why this is the case but you can easily verify it for yourself.

WD40

Smash Apprentice
NNID
adamwd
By the way, downtilt is a lot easier to combo into itself with the a-button. I'm not sure exactly why this is the case but you can easily verify it for yourself.
You mean to say dtilt comes out faster using A for attack over any other button? Either way, I haven't had a problem with dtilt strings to set up combos. Also, I use A for jump.

PChron

Smash Cadet
NNID
GuamPirate
You mean to say dtilt comes out faster using A for attack over any other button? Either way, I haven't had a problem with dtilt strings to set up combos. Also, I use A for jump.
I mean any button attack comes out faster than c stick, so theoretically L would work fine. C stick is fine for setting up combos if you only want to hit once tho.

WD40

Smash Apprentice
NNID
adamwd
I mean any button attack comes out faster than c stick, so theoretically L would work fine. C stick is fine for setting up combos if you only want to hit once tho.
Oh yeah, definitely true. I never use c stick for dtilt. Just for ftilt and specifically walking utilts.

FUEGO!

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MontyRattata
Oh yeah, definitely true. I never use c stick for dtilt. Just for ftilt and specifically walking utilts.
I'm the exact same with my C-stick. Pivot light Ftilt on command without having to worry about accidentally getting heavy Ftilt is nice. That said, I only use Dtilt with C-stick as an option select if they manage to fall out of Up-tilt too early, since my thumb is already there.

Top Bottom