• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gazelle Punch guide

jet56

Smash Journeyman
wow i haven't been on here for awhile. went to genesis, that was a blast, but decided to start being more active again and helping out the mac scene. i present to you:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AAS3k0Mg2h0 - gazelle punch guide.

any concerns, comments, questions, just let me know. video explains it all. its good to be back!

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I started practicing this today. Funny enough, I landed it on my first try. But after that, it's been a lottery.

Sometimes it works when I quickly slide from jump to special. Sometimes it works using UP (Tap Jump off) and special.

It's kind of hard, and for me. I usually don't practice on slower speeds because I can't "convert" my timing to real speed later, so I always go normal speed from the get go.

Being the Punch Out geek that I am, I tried getting any type of hint in the animation that would make it easier to time it, but when it works it goes from the edge to the KO Punch virtually seamlessly, so it's too fast for the naked eye.:sonic:

For now, I'll keep practicing. This is a really useful move from the looks of it.

Blitzern

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Blitzern
Is there a reason to do this version instead of just dropping from the ledge, jumping, and using KO punch?

Laitome

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0216-0929-1203
Few comments:

One: Didn't I do this already? Granted it was just the timings instead of me explaining what it was but shameless plug in 3,2,1, http://smashboards.com/guides/gazelle-punch-timing-guide.488/

Two: It's a two frame window, one for the actual window, another for the buffer window

Three: I believe that a gazelle punch is actually a grounded K.O. punch instead of a teleport punch due to the presence of the windbox.

Top Bottom