• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gauging Interest for weeklys in Philly suburbs.

Moosh

Smash Journeyman
NNID
moosh_da_moosh
3DS FC
3995-6503-8179
Hello everyone. My name is Jim aka Moosh and I haven't been very active on the forums for many years now. that said I am not really in touch with who still plays in my area and also who are the new up and coming smashers.

my cousin who helps run a card shop in warminster PA (about 20 minutes from NE philly called The Stomping Grounds) spoke with the owner and they decided to start hosting weekly tournaments for melee. They want to start around November but might be inclined to start sooner depending on the turnout. this is why they asked me to see how many would be interested in even coming.

they are located at 1005 w county line rd warminster pa 18974.

the goal is to try for 1 day a week or every other week probably on a Thursday around 7pm.

please reply if you think you would be interested and maybe how many people you would bring. thanks.

Walesasync

Smash Rookie
Hit up the Philadelphia Melee scene on Facebook and talk to Destructicon, and/or Zhu.

EDIT: Lol. Just realized: I got to this page from Philly melee.

I'm definitely down.

Last edited:

Groose

Smash Champion
Dang. That's not far from my home. I'd be down for going consistently during the summer or when I'm on break (and I could probably bring one or two people with me each time), but I can't make it while college is flaring up. Still, this is definitely noteworthy to me.

mastafishere

Smash Rookie
I'm in the area. I'd totally be down for this. If this is the kind of shop where we can bring our own stuff, I'd happily bring my monitor and wii so there's an extra screen.

Last edited:

SgtPepper1200

Smash Rookie
NNID
SgtPepper1200
3DS FC
2750-1504-1953
Hello everyone. My name is Jim aka Moosh and I haven't been very active on the forums for many years now. that said I am not really in touch with who still plays in my area and also who are the new up and coming smashers.

my cousin who helps run a card shop in warminster PA (about 20 minutes from NE philly called The Stomping Grounds) spoke with the owner and they decided to start hosting weekly tournaments for melee. They want to start around November but might be inclined to start sooner depending on the turnout. this is why they asked me to see how many would be interested in even coming.

they are located at 1005 w county line rd warminster pa 18974.

the goal is to try for 1 day a week or every other week probably on a Thursday around 7pm.

please reply if you think you would be interested and maybe how many people you would bring. thanks.
Hey Moosh,

I live right around the corner from the stomping grounds! I always just thought it was table top games only. I'm a complete newb to the smash community but I would be interested in going to events especially if it's down the road!

Facading

Smash Apprentice
I live in the same area. Give me a schedule for this shindig and I'll be sure to check it out

Moosh

Smash Journeyman
NNID
moosh_da_moosh
3DS FC
3995-6503-8179
hey i know i it's been a while but i wanted to give you guys an update on the smash monthly i'll be running. so the guys at stomping grounds never really contacted me again and last i heard they were gonna hold off on running any video game thing so i decided to look for a venue on my own.

check out the link for the first monthly i'll be doing. it'll be sm4sh only at first but eventually i'd like to run melee too

https://www.facebook.com/events/1392783537709421/

Top Bottom