• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Garlic Breath - Actually useful?

WwwWario

Smash Ace
'Aight, so Wario's customs are overall great imo. I find all of them useful in their own way. Even the hated Garlic Breath.

I've tried to use it for about a week now, against my brothers (who in fact are good Smash players), and against friends online who also are good. And I found it useful. A lot.

Sure, you cannot bite and eat anymore. Sure, it has a very long start-up and ending lag. That's why I hated it at first, too. But the hitbox is surprisingly big, and if you DO hit good with it, well, then you have a free Smash attack/Waft. It's so great for edgeguarding, because the hitbox is so big, and the knockback is great. It's easy to punish, though, but the reward of hitting is great.

I don't know, but try to use it. Use it a lot of matches, and use it in certain situations only, especially edgeguarding. I hope I'm not the only one who starts to find this move useful :p

PigmaskColonel

Smash Journeyman
I think it'll only be useful in some MUs, but I just really don't see how it could possibly be more handy than a high-damage command grab that you can literally edgeguard with by just standing at the ledge and holding your mouth open.

In conclusion... No. Garlic Breath isn't better than Chomp IMO. If it was possible to have both moves at one time, perhaps it could be useful.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
The problem with this move is that it doesn't give Wario anything, and you're sacrificing an amazing command grab over it.

Wario is arguably the best edgeguarders in the game with so many options in that regard so he doesn't need it, and it doesn't fix his big issue which is his damage output.

Rakurai

Smash Ace
If your opponent mashes hard enough, you're not even guaranteed a decent follow-up on hit as the stun's duration doesn't scale with percent like Mewtwo's Disable.

So yeah. There's virtually no merits to the move overall.

ZeGlasses!

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ZeGlasses
Feels like a one-trick pony kinda move, and not even a good one at that compared to the amazingness that is chomp.

Sure, it can possibly net you a kill, but your opponent will never be hit by it again once they figure out how it works just because of how atrocious the start-up lag is.

Liwi808

Smash Cadet
I wouldn't even consider using Wario without Chomp. It's just way too good to give up. It's how I get the majority of my damage, and can still be used to edge-guard.

Top Bottom