• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ganon's Inf. Jump

B0mbe1c

Smash Lord
So, I was wondering if there were others uses for this technique besides recovering or spiking. I'd really like to know, so, kudos to you if you know any other uses.

Do you mean his wizard foot recovery? Or that move in general? Or perhaps you mean his infinte ledge stall?

Wizard Foot Recovery- Obviously a good move. It gives you a third/sometimes fourth jump. I don't recommend using this for spiking, unless you're simply messing around.

Wizard Foot in general - Can be good, don't spam it, or you will be punished. Use it when you KNOW it will hit. Don't be predictable, bad lag, etc. Overall, it's a good move.

Infinte Ledge Stall - SEXX

B0mbe1c

Smash Lord
Yeah, Wizard foot recovery. It does work well with spiking if used well, I've tried on Comps, but not Humans yet.

B0mbe1c

Smash Lord
Yeah, I'll probably stick to Dair. If a Dair can KO someone at 80-120% on ground, it will be even easier when they're not on land. but I still find Wizard foot spike fun. ^.^

B0mbe1c

Smash Lord
Yeah, the next tourney that I'll enter I'll Dair them and maybe Wizard them like a suicide spike.

B0mbe1c

Smash Lord
Reverse uair is harder to pull off consistently9/b], though, and if your opponents aren't top quality they most likely won't meteor cancel/tech it anyway.

Yeah, I couldn't get it consistently in a match. Atleast Wizard can't be cancelled.

elvenarrow3000

Smash Master
The Wizard's Foot isn't necessarily a suicide spike. If you double jump then do it, you can still jump and Dark Dive back to the stage.

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
Maybe idiot humans. It's just not worth it. Use Reverse U-Air, or even D-Air over a wizard foot spike.
If I'm spiking, I go for the D-air. You can recover out of it much faster than a Wizards foot.

The problem, is your recovery. I sometimes use the wizards foot to be flashy, but I rarely do it, cause it'll send you farther below the stage than a dair will, situation depending.

B0mbe1c

Smash Lord
Yeah, Double-jump then wizard's and then another jump + upB will most likely get you to ledge.

elvenarrow3000

Smash Master
The dair is obviously faster than the Wizard's Foot, but the problem is it's pretty predictable and it can be meteor cancelled fairly easily.

B0mbe1c

Smash Lord
Yeah, which is why a good place wizard near the ledge will spike them, but you'll still be on the stage. That works too. Also, how did this change from wizard foot recovery thread to a Spiking thread....

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
"Yeah, which is why a good place wizard near the ledge will spike them, but you'll still be on the stage. That works too. Also, how did this change from wizard foot recovery thread to a Spiking thread...."

I was messing around with my bud, and I sweet spotted a wizards foot spikes on FD. I shorthopped it near the edge in a way that I didn't go off the stage, but it still spike my friends falco as it came on. I've been trying it as my new Ganon edgeguard, and it's jsut so d**n flashy when it works . I mean it's jsut one of those things where if you're up, why not? Sometimes I think it gets pretty hard to sweet spot it so that it spikes and you stay on, but it really is satisfying.

EDIT: i was looknig at the first page only, B0mbe1c kind of beat me to the punch with what I was saying..

Regardless of this, the Reverse Uair is Ganon's best and easiest spike to use. Look at all the Ganon Pros. Eddie, Tipman, Bushman, etc. They all use the Reverse Uair.

I'm not saying the wizards foot spike isn't fun to use, it is. But it really isn't a good thing to be doing in tourneys. The Reverse Uair is infinitely better. For friendlies and messing around, i think it's hilarious and fun to do. But just not tourneys.

lolz

B0mbe1c

Smash Lord
Regardless of this, the Reverse Uair is Ganon's best and easiest spike to use. Look at all the Ganon Pros. Eddie, Tipman, Bushman, etc. They all use the Reverse Uair.

I'm not saying the wizards foot spike isn't fun to use, it is. But it really isn't a good thing to be doing in tourneys. The Reverse Uair is infinitely better. For friendlies and messing around, i think it's hilarious and fun to do. But just not tourneys.

lolz
Ok, ya made your point... <__< Lulz.

Prac352

Smash Lord
You can also use the wizard foot right on the edge and spike people as they're recovering. If you do it right, you should land on the stage.

If you miss you get some crazy lag though. So don't miss.

EDIT: well, you get lag regardless, but its only punishable if you miss.

B0mbe1c

Smash Lord
You can also use the wizard foot right on the edge and spike people as they're recovering. If you do it right, you should land on the stage.
If you miss you get some crazy lag though. So don't miss.

EDIT: well, you get lag regardless, but its only punishable if you miss.
I said that earlier, ya know?

Jujumasta

Smash Journeyman
I really just use the wizard's foot horizontally (on-stage) to intercept weaker moves, such as the space animals' illusion, etc.

HeadISBAgent

Smash Apprentice
In tourneys I've found that the only consistent Wizard Foot spike kills I get are against Links, Y. Links, and D.K.'s by doing Down+B into the edge since the stall time against the edge makes it nearly impossible for those characters to sweetspot the ledge; you just need to get the timing right (and against Link you need to setup for it with reverse U-air anyways to knock them out of Chaining back onto the ledge). It's not too difficult to hit Foxes and Falcos out of their Firefox/birds but I'm always way to nervous to do that in tourneys cause it requires you to Wizards Foot off the ledge and if you miss...ever so screwed.

Jujumasta

Smash Journeyman
If their heads pop up above the stage during recovery just time a good horizontal w. foot, it will send them off.

Top Bottom