• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ganon's Appreance.

Rarzy

Smash Journeyman
i think the model itself is a huge improvement from melee. a lot of his animations though, make him seem really stiff, like the running animation you said. his animations in melee (despite mostly being the same as falcon's) made him look a lot more sinister.

Mezna

Smash Cadet
The biggest problem with him is, to me, he looks kinda fat and stiff. I hate his DAir most of all... (T.T)

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
You know, the number of posts I see complaining about Ganondorf's running animation is actually starting to bother me. His running animation seems perfectly fine to me. If no one had said anything, I don't think I would've paid any mind to the stiffness. I can't help but feel that a lot of people are complaining about the running just because they see everyone else complaining about it.

Regardless, I personally haven't noticed any jaggedness about Ganon's model (no more than any other character, anyway). Do you have a screenshot or a moment in a video where you found it particularly noticeable?

Catmunnies

Smash Apprentice
To me this Ganon looks better than the ones from melee and Twilight Princess, but his running animation sucks and so does his dair animation.

Runeblade279

Smash Apprentice
I like all his new animations actually -- They fit him, set him apart, and they're awesome.

Machete

Smash Ace
Ganondorf looks as he should look. He's a powerful wizard-swordsman, he's not an athlete. He can't be as athletic as Captain Falcon, he's not flexible. That Ganondorf running animation is how a swordless Ganondorf would run. Yeah, maybe he doesn't look good in all of his attacks, but that's because he has a freaking armor, he can't move as easily as the other characters. A Ganondorf kick would look as it looks in this game.

Ganondorf's animations are what they should be. Ganondorf should use his sword (so his animations would be different), but a swordless Ganondorf would look as he looks in Brawl.

His model is pretty good. I love his armor and his face, although I liked his heavy metal hair from Ocarina of Time more. Both the animations and the model are pretty good, although they can be improved.

Joshers744

Smash Rookie
I think he looks almost more like he did in Wind Waker now than he did in Ocarina of time. I think it's just the hair though.

(and I know he's supposed to look like the Twighlight Princess one)

Evilmagic101

Smash Rookie
Ganon looks awesome both graphically and how he plays. Its gonna be a ton of fun destroying people with the King of Evil.

litlwing

Smash Apprentice
well when you fight himin TP he actually is real stiff when he walks around but he also is like 4 feet taller than link in the final fight, ganon just likes his posture nice and straight, maybe he was in the military, but it does differentiate him from captain falcon more.

napZzz

Smash Hero
Yes to be truthful ganon looks incredibly gay to me. Sorry if you think otherwise. I love that he still has his lambchop/beard thing that connects to his eyebrows :)

Thingy Person

Smash Journeyman
The model is infinitely better. The animations fit Ganondorf very well as being stiff and imposing. The Dair reminds me of a sarcophagus.
I can deal with the running because it's so lulzy. Besides, Ganondorf is a primarily defensive char, right? There's not much running jogging to do.

BentoBox

Smash Master

You people are weird lol. Melee's model isn't superior in any way. Brawl's model reeks of badassness.

Warriors

Smash Journeyman
wow i always wonder how people can like his melee look better. the twilight look is a hell of a lot better. its more evil

Smash Attak Mak

Smash Rookie
Ganondorf looks freaking amazing this time. I don't know about the rest of you guys, but I think his dair is the most devastating/gangsta/pwnage delivering looking move ever. I almost died of laughter upon seeing it for the first time. He just straightens his whole body in order to direct the flow of pwnage from his brain down to his heart (where most of the hate/evil is harbored) on to his legs which connect with the opponents head. Absolutely awesome!!! Leaving the opponent's body in a helpless state after the dair brings me much delight...

MIRAI87

Smash Journeyman
From Sakurai, a gift for Ganon fans:

'He takes out the sword he stole from the six Sages and takes a look at it.

... Then puts it away.

What are you putting it away for? Use it! People tend to make fun of Ganondorf for this.'

CURSE YOU SAKURAI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! XD

Dacman

Smash Rookie
Ganon is fat.
Ganon is slo.
Ganon has something weird growing on his face

jmanxiv

Smash Apprentice
I liked his younger ocarina of time model. This model is still pretty awesome but he runs really weird.

Zerstoren

Smash Rookie
I prefer this model considerably. Ganondorf's hair and his bizarre hair-contraption are mystifying yet I can't help but to admire his fashion sense. He's one of the few (the only?) who thought to wear armor to a fight...

That said, his running animation, I find, seems to make him appear slower than he really is. That, and it blows. Those are my beefs with his model, which really amount to nothing since he's still my main.

Ace83

Smash Journeyman
I'm at the point where i basically miss melee's ganon in almost every way. Aerial wise, he has really lost a bit.. and you can throw me on the list of ppl that can't stand his new appearance, especially the running animation

MetalFace

Smash Rookie
I actually prefer the Melee Ganon. I don´t know, he looked... evilier?

I mean, Brawl´s Ganon is awesome too, with his Darknesse moves a lot more cooler, but, come on?
He runs like a fat guy jogging in the park. I crack up everytime I see him run. Other than that he is pretty meh.

EauxCon

Smash Rookie
I loved the way Melee Ganon played, but i actually find Brawl's Ganon more appealing in look. He looks so sophisticated, and reminds me in so many ways of Slayer from Guilty Gear (see: stomp, sophisticated, beard, posture, mach/warlock punch).

Since Slayer is god/S tier in GG:AC, it OBVIOUSLY means that Gdorf will be god tier in Brawl.

Top Bottom