• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ganondorf's Run Origin Discovered

kingofping4

Smash Cadet
They gave him a dumb run because in the zelda games, GANON DOESN'T RUN.

So the animation is a punishment for breaking the Ganon canon lolz.

But seriously, with >B and VB, why do you need to run? His walk covers distance safely, since you can immediately Ftilt, Dtilt, smash, >B or VB.

Let Ganon appeal to the lazy bum in all of us. Why run when you can look cool walking?

Zacke

Smash Cadet
They gave him a dumb run because in the zelda games, GANON DOESN'T RUN.

So the animation is a punishment for breaking the Ganon canon lolz.

But seriously, with >B and VB, why do you need to run? His walk covers distance safely, since you can immediately Ftilt, Dtilt, smash, >B or VB.
Like Bowser's run in Melee? ^^

SN3S

Smash Apprentice
Like Bowser's run in Melee? ^^
That thing is awesome, lol.

And although I hate Ganon's run in Brawl, I can't help but respect it for the level of badassery it tries to convey. I mean, you've got this self-proclaimed-king-of-evil-triforce-of-power-giant-near-possessed-warrior
guy, and instead of mad rushing you, he just slowly advances his way forward, staring you down all the time.

If that was in real life, it'd scare the crap outta me :laugh:

Top Bottom