• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ganondorf's Happy Sparkling Rainbow of Changes from Brawl --> Smash 4

Conda

aka COBBS - Content Creator (Toronto region)
Happy Halloween, evil wizard mains!

I've started a video series that illustrate the changes that character movesets have undergone from Brawl to Smash 4. The latest video I've completed in this series is none other than Ganondorf!

http://smashboards.com/threads/new-luigi-samus-moveset-changes-from-brawl-smash-4-series.373806/

In the stickied thread in General Smash 4 discussion, other character videos are listed. Eventually I will complete the entire Veteran roster! These take a huge amount of work and time to create, but I'm driven to complete it for you guys.

Hope you enjoy!

Last edited:

WwwWario

Smash Ace
Hmm... to me, it seems like most attacks are the same speed and range as in Brawl... IS the Dorf actually better in this game? :\

Xinc

Smash Lord
NNID
xincmars
3DS FC
2981-7601-8481
Hmm... to me, it seems like most attacks are the same speed and range as in Brawl... IS the Dorf actually better in this game? :\
All in all, the game physics were a large boon to him, allowing him to do a lot of stuff he was unable to do in Brawl, such as actually combo and kill faster.

Some Gameplay changes
Warlock Punch grounded has super armor.
Better shield damage
Down air can't be autocanceled in a short hop
Back air is more effective
Jab is faster
Choke can be teched, goes a slightly longer distance it looks
WizKick kills far easier

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Doesn't get edgehogged, most characters do like 7-8% a hit, and F-air has less landing lag. Definitely.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
They can't screw you out of up+B.
His Double Jump gets you a bit higher, which makes it a lot easier to Flipman, ect...
No Ledge Canceled Attacks anylonger :(
Volcano Kick doesn't stop ppl in their launch anyloger :(

Opana

Smash Lord
NNID
PINKYz
3DS FC
0748-3814-1504
I believe we have more control over his up special now, don't hold me to that.

Dair can't auto cancel out of a shorthop

Flame choke is techable

Fair seems to come out faster, I'm using it much more this time around as it seems we can act out of it sooner as well. I can jump from the stage and fast fall fairs now, I don't recall being able to do that in brawl.

New helldrop at

Similar effect producing ledge at as helldrop

Can buffer a special out of fair(credit to zigma)

Can now use both jump from the stage into an offstage wizkick while still making it back with up special

May just be me, but ftilt seems to have extended range some.

Aerial Flame Choke can be steered slightly left or right

Utilt cancels out kirbys inhale, so it just pulls kirby over without sucking you in.

Utilt seems to have a bit more range, could just be me but the pillar seems to have a hit box which I believe is outside the range of his brawl one.

Top Bottom