• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ganondorf in Doubles

PK-ow!

Smash Lord
I've been theorizing recently about partnering up Peach with Ganny.

From my 'studies' of FFA play, Peach's strengths in that environment seem to be her nagging ability to get herself into any scuffle and keep the damage high on every other character. She has a very easy K.O. move and is very good at swooping in for kills.

This allows her to guarantee that characters are tending to get K.O.d frequently even if it is not by her, while she simply strives to maintain a higher score than the next greatest player. by not dying

The solution to her seems to be for other players to watch Peach carefully and not get caught up boxing each other for Peach to screw all of them. I haven't been able to see what the equilibrium is though, as when any player breaks off to damage Peach, all else being equal, he will probably lose a lot of time. Fighting Peach is slow business - although, if he gets rolling, Peach is a flawed character that has gaps in her defenses.

Players simply want to see Peach die more than she K.O.s, while it is in no one's particular interest to try hard to finish her off.

How this all applies to Doubles (where I'm going with this), is I think Peach expertly suits all of Ganon's strengths and weaknesses (except either one's recovery).

Peach, simply put, is able to break apart two characters. If Ganon is getting rushed and is in bad spacing, Peach shall consider it prudent to just... throw anything at them, even hitting Ganon, to work the damage up.
Ganon would tend to be heavier than the opposition and now he can skip his own damage racking phase entirely.

The weakness of both now, though, is that they can be manipulated into two 1v1s - both of them being low tier characters - and they don't have good ways to get out of that. Peach's ability to stall becomes wasted potential because you don't want to leave Ganon alone with anyone. But if they stick together, and just toss out damage, using their high priority, I think they could do well.

It would take practice to get to know how the other one picks moves, because they will have to be watching out for each other the whole match, but moreover, they'd both have to play differently in significant ways from duels. Also, they should be switching up often, I think; they have to watch and know to pick a move that, will punish his/her ally's opponent's answer to what the ally is doing.

*flame shield*

Murder
:034:

napZzz

Smash Hero
ganon just makes an amazing distraction while snake throws **** and they occasionally do cool **** when they are near each other and both live long times as long as snake keeps ganon from being gimped

Top Bottom