• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ganondorf: a CF clone again?

toon link 94

Smash Apprentice
will u guys just leave this topic alone , like really.He technacly he is not a clone no more.second of all
he has a sword just doesnt choose to use it. Look at his taunt he pulls a sword out!
like im relly tired of u guys complaining about it, really the question is and is only would u like to have gany in or out!?

Stryks

Smash Hero
will u guys just leave this topic alone , like really.He technacly he is not a clone no more.second of all
he has a sword just doesnt choose to use it. Look at his taunt he pulls a sword out!
like im relly tired of u guys complaining about it, really the question is and is only would u like to have gany in or out!?
Oh wow he takes out his sword for his TAUNT, thats WAY better than a swrd MOVESET, seriously the taunt part was stupid, should we feel better that he has the sword only to show off and not use? but hey ur a new guy whose name is based off a character revealed less than a week ago, u should DEFINETLY know how us veteran players feel` [/pissed off mode]

anyway, after seeing the gimpyfish matches, of him using ganon, this makes me feel way better, I mean at 1st i didnt like the cloned moveset again, but then I did, and now hes like a luigified clone, so im very happy, ganon ftw!

toon link 94

Smash Apprentice
yes i agree with u stryks (somewhat) im glad ur happy about it.
anyway brawl has alot of better characters in it than meele!

Soluble Toast

Smash Ace
NNID
solubletoast
3DS FC
2165-6410-7964
I honestly can't see Ganondorf changing too much, even in the next installment.
Sakurai most likely kept Ganondorf the same to cater to those who mained him in Melee, so they wouldn't have to get used to a completely different sword based move set.

If Sakurai doesn't return for the next Smash, we may see a new move set, but as long as Sakurai does Smash I think Ganon won't be changing drastically.

toon link 94

Smash Apprentice
he is not a clone even though he cannot use his sword they have changed his move set quet abit!

SuperLink9

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperLink9
Not really. Nearly all his moves are exactly the same as they were in Melee, with very minor differences for most of them. Falco and Lucas have been REALLY Luigified, but next to Toon Link, Ganondorf is the biggest clone.

~Shin~

Smash Apprentice
I think the forward B and his movement ability change Ganondorf a TON.
ground based vs air based is really what i'm getting at.

I spend so much time on the ground, whereas I see C.Falcon vids of him jumpin around and flyin ya know.

He's good enough.

....though I like the idea of warlock punch shooting out turkeys or something destructive.

~Shin_Ganondorf~

edit: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!! *spam* http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=3921738#post3921738

AmericanBison

Smash Cadet
as similar as they may be they arn't clones. clone means they have identical animations like in melee. that is no longer the case in brawl. you may complain about how they are too similar but to call anyone a clone in brawl is a misuse of the term clone.

and i think toon link, and link are more similar that ganon/c.falcon.

~Shin~

Smash Apprentice
he is not a falcon clone.

end of this stupid thread.
I second that.
also

Tekken Kazuya, Jin, Heihachi?
then, Bryan Fury and Bruce
Baek and Hworang

Ken and Ryu
Blanka and E.Honda

Soul Caliburs Sophitia and Cassandra
Nightmare and Siegfried

I'm sure if you think hard enough you'll find clones in every game. Though if you spend this much time looking for clones, you might be even more intelligent to look into how the clones differ, and therefore are unique.

~Shin_Ganondorf~

~Shin~

Smash Apprentice
Tekken Kazuya, Jin, Heihachi?
then, Bryan Fury and Bruce
Baek and Hworang

Ken and Ryu
Blanka and E.Honda

Soul Caliburs Sophitia and Cassandra
Nightmare and Siegfried
I'm trying to say that all fighting games have clone characters, why are we making a big deal out of whats already being done in just about every fighting game. I swear, theres always SOMETHING to get upset about on these boards. Enjoy what we get.

Josiah

Smash Cadet
Yeah seriously, you people would hate Soul Calibur 1 if you're that clone-o-phobic, notwithstanding it was a great game.

...Can someone close this talk show with a brick wall already?

Master Fox

Smash Journeyman
That's not really the point though. Most of the clones in the fighting games you've mentioned have something very close in common. For instance, Ryu and Ken had the same master and got the same training, therefore, will have very similar movesets. Sophitia and Cassandra are sisters, therefore also received the same training. Nightmare and Siegfried used to be, at one point, the same character in a sense.

The point is that Captain Falcon and Ganondorf have absolutely nothing in common save for the fact they are both Nintendo Characters (which means nothing). Ganondorf does not fight like Captain Falcon in any way in the Zelda games so Captain Falcon's moveset in outright inappropriate for Ganondorf. To be honest, I'd rather Ganondorf be a clone of Marth, Roy, or Ilk with some B moves from other Characters such as Zelda's ►+B or Samus's B (just with different effects) then Ganondorf being a clone of Captain Falcon or even a Luigified clone of Captain Falcon.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
I love how people are bashing the creator of this thread thinking he thinks Ganondorf is still a clone. This was back when we only had one video of him using his Down B and Up B (missing Toon Link).

Yeah, he's largely de-cloned, but new attacks would have suited me more than changes to his existing B moves. Don't get me wrong, I'm gonna main him, but what we know is that he is less of a clone than he is in Melee.

~Shin~

Smash Apprentice
The same master, brother and sister, these are very 'convenient'

I don't want to try hard to look up and research all the examples but they are out there.

Bryan Fury and Bruce
Baek and Hworang
Blanka and E.Honda
Rock and Asteroth

These characters have nothing to do with each other. Clone characters are everywhere, we just need to stop complaining, and look at whats different between them not whats the same and how angry we might get.

I'll admit, when I first played Ganon, I was a lil ticked I wasn't unique, that I was a clone character. I don't care anymore. Especially since I can wreck a face with Ganon, but I tend to suicide more with C.falcon. In this game it will be the same. Captain falcon plays dif from Ganondorf.
Falco and Fox are different from each other. I heard yesterday from a person playing that Wolf plays like a totally different character, when we asked if he played like fox or falco.

Lets look on the bright side. possitive thinking, all that good stuff. Lets stop attacking, it really can do nothing to help us improve as human-beings and competative players.

Clone topic, please be closed now.

Top Bottom