• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ganon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gearitz

Smash Apprentice
I don't usually play smash 4 but all my friends do so I want to know general info about Ganon and if there are any other characters I should consider since he isn't tournament viable.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
If you're here to tell us Ganon isn't tournament viable, frankly do we even need to help you?

For the record, Vermanubis Vermanubis just placed 2nd in a stacked tournament recently. If you're actually aiming to find help, do some independent research once for your life in these forums to learn why Ganondorf is the best character ever.

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
If you're here to tell us Ganon isn't tournament viable, frankly do we even need to help you?

For the record, Vermanubis Vermanubis just placed 2nd in a stacked tournament recently. If you're actually aiming to find help, do some independent research once for your life in these forums to learn why Ganondorf is the best character ever.
Hehe, well said, A2. :colorful:

Really though, if you <are> serious in your question, the simple answer is that Ganon is indeed viable -- marginally, and I'd be lying if I said he didn't struggle a lot -- but if you're committed to the task, Ganon can do work. We've many Dorfs who perform well in tourneys. Generally speaking, he's a character who succeeds with patience and the ability to fundamentally understand your opponent's motives and movements. At higher levels, Ganon struggles to maintain steady momentum, so you have to learn how to get that one hit and keep pressure on your opponent. You have to also be good at maintaining morale even when getting comboed or when you lose a stock or lead.

You can find some more good info by hanging around the boards and looking through some of our stickied threads.

I'm gonna go ahead and lock this up, since this can go into the Q/A thread.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom