• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ganon vs Samus

Speedsk8er

Smash Champion
I main IC, NEss, and Young link and one of my friends mains samus and smaus only. Whenever I play him with the above three. I struggle to pull out a win but when I play Ganon(and I just do it for kicks and giggles), I do a LOT better.

Is Ganon SUPPOSED to **** Samus or something? :confused:

REDRAGON

Smash Ace
Yeah Ganon is VERY good against Samus, cause missiles do nothing and he has the air game in his favor and he can edgeuard Samus very well.
Its like a 6-4 in Ganons favor i think. Maybe a lil less but whatever

Redragon

thebluedeath1000

Smash Champion
Ganon takes away one of samus's biggest assets, crouch canceling. She can't crouch cancel many of ganons moves and when she tries to, she pays heavily.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
yea ganon has the advantage, i lost to a samus today though...:(

just do whatever you can around those missles cause it's not the easiest thing in the world to get around

thebluedeath1000

Smash Champion
The bino...I disagree, samus cannot 0-death combo ganon (unless the ganon is ********) yet ganon can do just that to samus.

The missles are a problem but ganon can get around them with well placed aerials or jumps.

If ganon eats a missle or f-smash, hes fine due to how heavy he is and his recovery unless hes at a very high damage. Samus is the same way but with one begin factor in ganon's favor. Samus can't vertical kill ganon, ganon can vertical kill samus pretty easy with the dair.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
it's definitely not 50-50, it's close, just ganon can do nasty things to samus much better than samus can to ganon, if it wasn't for those missles, ganon would have a much bigger advantage, jumping over them doesn't help on platforms

this might be one match-up where it would be safe to go for FD

thebluedeath1000

Smash Champion
Stage selection really depends on how well you can handle the missles.

they don't bother me much at all, even offstage I time my down-bs as I return to stage so they don't screw me over.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
i played a samus today and he really abused the platforms, i stage striked FD cause it's ganon's worst stage against the top 5, i didnt' know who he used, his samus was his only good character, i already beat his falco before on battlefield, so i took it safe and took away FD, bad idea, the fact that i saw 4 missiles coming at me EVERY second wasn't pretty, i could get passed 2 of them with rolling, hitting a and what not, i didn't even think about jumping cause i was getting nowhere with that, at least with final, there's only one big platform so the missles are gonna be one on level for the most part...just watch for the missle charge beam combo, fair takes care of that pretty well

mood4food77

Smash Hero
i tried...didn't go very well, the samus was alternating shots so i could defend against one but not another one, i probably should've went falcon cause his raptor boost is lower to the ground, maybe i could've gotten closer

Frozenserpent

Smash Journeyman
Ganon can't 0-death samus... if samus has any semblance of DI. Anyways, the matchup isn't that bad once you get around the missiles.

I actually sort of like FD, because of more tech chasing opportunities (or more straightforward, at least). I do dislike Pokemon stadium and Fountain of dreams, though, mostly because i have no breathing room in poke, and the stupid platforms always screw up my aerials in FoD.

Have decent spacing and wait for samus to mess up her spacing. Her aerials aren't bad. they will break ganon's laggy aerials, only she doesn't have that much horizontal movement in the air. Most annoying thing is waiting a minute for her to recover slowly towards the stage.

Magus420

Smash Master
the stupid platforms always screw up my aerials in FoD.
QFT. I friggin hate FoD for this very same reason. They always seem to be in the most awkward positions possible to me.

Poke Stadium would be really good against Samus imo with the low ceiling/close off-stage sides if they weren't able to spam missiles so effectively using the platforms.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
trust me, poke stadium is not good against a samus, it's a pain around those missles ( i hate alternating missle heights)

mood4food77

Smash Hero
sorry, didn't read the last bit

it's really the only bad stage, i think FoD and yoshi's story are probably best, since they're small and missles have no room to really be effective

ganon's platform **** is really good :p

mood4food77

Smash Hero
battle field is good, just ganon is much better on FoD against samus, no space for samus to use her missles in effect

now i know what to counterpick samus'
now that i think about it, i fought a samus, we randomly chose poke stadium, he won 1 stock left, then i chose FoD and won 2 stock up, then he chose Poke stadium and barely won, i banned FD just cause of ganon, probably should've banned poke stadium/dreamland

i know this is ganon boards, but how well does a falcon do against samus

thebluedeath1000

Smash Champion
I guess he'd do fine long as you were wary of cc-ing and used his speed to avoid the missles entirely but I've only watched matches of that.

I'd rather go ganon vs samus than anyone else really.

DonkeyPirate

Smash Journeyman
I play this matchup a lot since my friend mains samus exclusively. I can usually dominate him with Cap falc or Ganon though. it's all about keeping the pressure on, yet avoiding the F/Dsmash and the Nair. Use Ganons long legs to your advantage since they let you stay out of Samus' hit range. Ftilts and any aerial move will usually do well against her. His FowardB can go under missiles just make sure you are close enough to catch her off guard. Uair is very save to use against her in the air since its long radius protects you from her Dair. I know this is a lot of info, but long story short:

Keep the pressure on but give yourself enough breathing room to react. Suprize wizard foots work sometimes to catch them offguard

Top Bottom