• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ganon vs Marth crew battle

jmanup85

Smash Journeyman
NNID
jmanup85
3DS FC
1633-4569-8126
Last edited:

jmanup85

Smash Journeyman
NNID
jmanup85
3DS FC
1633-4569-8126
All about Language Arts lmao. Nice catch though, I don't know how to fix it.

Edit: nvm I fixed it.

Last edited:

Blobface

Smash Lord
NNID
everyone1 (Bob)
3DS FC
3454-0482-6740

adom4

Smash Lord
NNID
adom15510
3DS FC
3179-6434-6692
I would participate but i don't want to stay up until like 5 AM :(.

EnGarde

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4914-3671-9440
As an update, preliminary rosters are available from both sides. These rosters will grow as more people sign up. There's still plenty of time for people to sign up. :)

Ruleset: Click here

Sign-ups: Click here

Preliminary Marcina Roster: Click here

Preliminary Ganondorf Roster: Click here

Koskinator

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3308-4564-8881
Yeah i agree with adom, not super into this event happening all in one night, is it too hard to just report how many stocks you take/lose and continue on another day? More people could participate this way

WaluigiWeegeeSteel

Smash Cadet
NNID
NewerLuigi
3DS FC
1934-0873-4422
Yeah i agree with adom, not super into this event happening all in one night, is it too hard to just report how many stocks you take/lose and continue on another day? More people could participate this way
"It’s a in tournament style format , so that no one person is being hounded to show up or play, and it’s all at once, because if events are carried over multiple days, they usually die and dry up. Those are two of the big reasons for this format over traditional crew battle,not to mention, more than 5 people can play. It's much better for MU exp"

EnGarde

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4914-3671-9440
This format was designed in order to address certain aspects of online play.

For example, it's very VERY hard to arrange that 2 specfic people be in the same place at the same time in order to do matches (oftentimes people's schedules just don't line up), but it is comparatively easier to ensure that a handful of people out of a larger group will be able to. Especially if everyone only has to remember one time and place to meet.

When online events like this get strung out over more than one day, the logistics of getting people to meet online for matches starts to catch up, the hype is lost, and these things just die.

Doing it as one big event with everyone there is also SO MUCH MORE HYPE. You wanna win with all your 'dorf brethren around, yeah?

Also, please remember this is a tournament style, not a traditional crew battle. Everyone will do 4 bo3 sets, to be matched with other players of equal w/l rank as you (swiss style). So like, if you win round 1, you'll be matched with a Marcina that also won round 1.

This allows both groups to grind out maximum MU exp with players of more or less equal skill. If you didn't know the Marcina MU before the event, afterwards, you definitely will lol.

I hope that helps address your concerns.

Theosmeo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LastOfTheM
3DS FC
0576-7286-5643
I´m probably not experienced enough to participate, but is there any way I could spectate this? The Marth MU is pretty tough for me so I´d love to see good ways to deal with them.

_Magus_

Smash Lord
NNID
DeadlyTaco
3DS FC
1306-7596-5996
Unfortunately, I'll be going through a rite of passage/trial by fire dealio on Saturday and will have to miss out. But you have my dark blessing, Ganondorf team! I'll be with you in (evil) spirit.

EnGarde

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4914-3671-9440
Just a reminder to all competitors to be in the tournament's IRC chat room at 7:20 pm eastern time (12:20 pm UK time, 6:20 central, 5:20 mountain, and 4:20 pacific time).

All tournament communication will happen in the IRC channel during the tournament, so you're expected to be there during the competition.

You can easily join the IRC by clicking this link (it's also linked in the rulest document): Click here

And for clarity, I'll relink all the basic tournament info now :) There's still time to sign up if you want to rep a character!

Ruleset: Click here

Sign-ups: Click here

Preliminary Marcina Roster: Click here

Preliminary Ganondorf Roster: Click here

EnGarde

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4914-3671-9440
Sorry for the double post, but I just wanted to follow up on how the tournament went, for those curious.

In the end, A2ZOMG A2ZOMG was able to take Grand finals with a 3-0 victory, but the Falchions were ultimately the tournament winners, as they won 14 sets over Ganondorf's winning 13 sets in total.

For those interested, here is a link to the final bracket, showing how everyone did in the tournament. I'm trying to see if we can get the Grand Finals set recorded, if we can I'll link it in the thread as well.

Great job Falchions! Great job Ganondorfs! :D

Link to bracket: Click here

Top Bottom