• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ganon mains: Are you going to attempt to main Ganon in Brawl?

OF 'til I OD

More vibes, please.
3DS FC
3797-8618-3772
Switch FC
SW-4939-9118-0296
I know this isn't exactly ON-TOPIC, but it sort of is...>_>

Sadly, I've heard only bad things about Ganondorf in Brawl, which is not good. His FS looks awesome, but FS won't even be allowed in Tournies.

Anyway, I really don't think I'll be maining him, simply because I had decided when they announced Sonic, I'd at least TRY to main him.

KIngGerudo

Smash Lord
you shouldnt base picking a main off of what people say. go with what you feel like and if it fits, then wallalabam there you go. I will main him, but also play King DeDeDe and Snake.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Hm Gimpyfish showed me some videos with him playing ganon in brawl... and he looks pretty good if used well, well no one has enough experience yet to know combos and all so.. ya he does look pretty good I will try to main him. =P

Devilution

Smash Journeyman
Ganon's Gerudo Dragon is now a grab, you grab them and then they drop to the ground, GREAT for techchasing. They drop to the ground instantly no matter what percent. So theoretically you could do an infinite with techchasing. You can grab shields with it too.

Bizzarro Flame

Smash Lord
I will main ganon, but I agree with Linguini.... drop brawl and let melee live.

Unfortunately, we'll all be forced onto brawl sooner or later.

Renth

Smash Hero
I might goof around with ganon.

but i'm not spending 2 years trying to make him not suck

(Again)

PoodleBot

Smash Rookie
yea im probably maining ganon...but diddy kong will be a close second. melee's still going to be more important to me.

Opus_IX

Smash Cadet
I'd have to agree with Renth on this one. A kid brought Brawl to FAU (Boca campus) and I tried Ganon...

His forward B was definitely modified for the better, however....

In general, he just really REALLY sucks at multiplayer free for alls...I have to admit, he does have some pretty interesting potential in one on ones, but in free for all he's just about near useless. They got rid of his down-b recovery, his up-b doesn't seem to have as much range on the grab anymore (think lvl 9 comps from Melee, not on his edge grab...), and he's slow as molasses when doing any aerial. The only real thing going for him is his side-b chasing potential, to a killing move. I got 1 combo, which was side-b chase to down-air to f-air, and that wasn't all that great. lol, same stuff from melee, right? Only this took about 100 years longer...

The other MAJOR thing that really turns me away from Ganon is the WAY HE RUNS. >=( I'm mad at Nintendo already for the way the game plays, but because they changed his run animation, I'm almost ready to ignore anything else that Nintendo ever puts out on the market... Haha, well, maybe not everything, but most.

To summarize: Ganon's not a smart choice if your playstyle is really aggressive. You just can't get away with it like you might be able to in Melee. But like with all characters (in Brawl moreso than Melee), it doesn't matter if you main Ganon or not, you just need to be smart about what you need to do to get the opponent to do something stupid so you can punish.

Linguini

Smash Master
ganon looks madddd goofy in this game, its liek a moving box of stiffness....
I dont think ill be maining him in brawl......to my dissapointment.

OF 'til I OD

More vibes, please.
3DS FC
3797-8618-3772
Switch FC
SW-4939-9118-0296
One thing that I liked, is his "white" costume. His clothes are still a dark grey/black/etc. but he has white hair and a white beard. It looks sweet, IMO.

Dragmire

Smash Lord
that's be ****in awesome but once again my mother is the most paranoid person in the planet but if it's possible it'd be fun but to reduce spam on this topic let's PM

Top Bottom