• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ganon DACUS, Is it important?

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
Yeah or you know, go ask your questions in the Q&A thread that is stickied at the top of the subforum.

Phaiyte

Smash Ace
that's a rather tall claim when compared to Lucas, either way, it's sexy.
The thing about Ganon's is that his keeps him fairly mobile the entire time he performs it. If you don't charge the smash, he can keep on moving relatively fast compared to his normal ground speed. I'm will to bet he can actually cover more ground with it faster than he can with the regular ol' dash > wavedash movement. You can combo into it from a jab, you can catch people that just got knocked down on a platform with it, it's SOOOOO safe on block it is unreal. Like, I wouldn't constantly spam the move, but doing it a lot will benefit any ganon for sure.

I'm not going to knock on the honorable mentions of Lucas and Snake, however Lucas' while covering a lot of ground at the time, does not provide the same ratio of mobility simply because his Usmash lasts so long even uncharged. It is comparable to Ganon's though, just trades mobility for damage in a way. Snake's is kind of amazing. I love raking opponents up with it and setting off a sticky while they're still high in the air, or even using it to set one in the first place.

Honestly yeah all 3 of these are kinda tied for the best, just in different ways.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
It would be good if Usmash wasn't prone to missing people directly in front of Ganon.

CORY

wut
BRoomer
yeah, ganon's hitboxes on usmash make his dacus not amazing. it's good due to burst mobility, but that's about all i can say it has going for it.

gnw's dacus, tho... that thing has coverage, good speed, and decent range off the dacus. just enough to perfectly cover rolls and techs, and the swing on it is great at covering fuzzy distances.

GeZ

Smash Lord
What I'd personally like is for the fat single hit at the beginning of Usmash (dubbed by myself and friends "helicopter ****") to be extended outwards a bit, so that he doesn't blatantly miss with Usmash so much. I don't think it'd be too much to ask either, just cause as it is now, DACUS can follow a few specific moves, but mostly just slaps people on platforms.

Last edited:
Top Bottom