• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ganon Canceling Discussion

Renth

Smash Hero
On Yoshi story, if you're doing an up tilt and are in the animation while the cloud is going back into the stage it'll cancel it, also works with taunts! Don't try it with warlock punchs you'll just fall off and die lol.

This can also be done on the windmill on pokemon stadium, This topic is open to debate/discussion feel free to join in

Renth

Smash Hero
Holy **** thats amazing

*practices*

That is amazing. Mark, when are you coming down here?
at the rate things are going, I don't expect to be in Florida for quite sometime. I was promised by family that i'd be down there at the beginning of July and seeing how im still sitting here I dont see that happening. Hahha.

I don't know dude i'll figure it out

p.s. you know this thread is just a stupid reply to the locked one right..?

Эикельманн [РУС]

Banned via Administration
at the rate things are going, I don't expect to be in Florida for quite sometime. I was promised by family that i'd be down there at the beginning of July and seeing how im still sitting here I dont see that happening. Hahha.

I don't know dude i'll figure it out

p.s. you know this thread is just a stupid reply to the locked one right..?
Hm, alright bud. Times a wastin', though. =P

Yeah man, but I didn't see this until just now.

PaperstSoapCo

Smash Lord
Renth the windmill thing is genius! I'm sure you can bait people into getting close only to cancel into an up air. This goes for smashes as well. Partially charged smash only to cancel into a land dash and rock em.

When I don't own the game is when I wanna test **** out the most. Funny how that works.

This thread is legit. We can talk about cancels. I think you could cancel on FoD if you stood on the edge while the platform was descending. Just speculating. Can't test it out.

Renth

Smash Hero
Renth the windmill thing is genius! I'm sure you can bait people into getting close only to cancel into an up air. This goes for smashes as well. Partially charged smash only to cancel into a land dash and rock em.

When I don't own the game is when I wanna test **** out the most. Funny how that works.

This thread is legit. We can talk about cancels. I think you could cancel on FoD if you stood on the edge while the platform was descending. Just speculating. Can't test it out.
Huh... well... Thats something i've never dabbled with.. i'll look into that when i get a chance

ArcNatural

Banned ( ∫x, δx Points)
I'll just change the thread title to make it more legit, like throwing new paint on a scratched car. Then you can talk about all types of cancels that could work, like bair edgecancel upair -> edgecancel aerial off of battlefield. See how it goes. Guess you could change your OP Renth to make it a little more viable as well.

Edit: Let me know if you want to change the title to something more Ganonish.

PaperstSoapCo

Smash Lord
I wasn't really referring to edge canceling but using moving terrain to cancel certain ground moves and seeing what situations you can make out of them. Stages like PMS, Poke floats and Rainbow cruise are the ones that have the most potential to experiment with this kind of thing.

TemPesT-

Smash Lord
try taunt canceling on the teeter totter thingy on rainbow cruise with ganon. it's priceless, constant laughing and spinning if you do it right lol

PaperstSoapCo

Smash Lord
Tip you gonna reveal the **** known as the BF triple bair? :grin:
I haven't pulled that in an actual match yet but bair to double uair works like a charm. You messing with that tech much? I try it here and there when I play but I go a little out my way to do it. Gotta learn to speed up the execution.

Tempest how do you do it?

One thing that I used to do on Peach's castle disappearing platforms that can be done on Rainbow cruise is if you get a grab and the stage is starting to disappear keep the grab till the stage is gone and uair ASAP. Very fast and surprising if the opponent isn't aware of the tech.

Linguini

Smash Master
lol when I was fighting axe's pikachu at genesis I taunt canceled into an edgeuard with an uair. It was so split second but so bad *** because theres nothing more satisying than the sound of your opponent dying while ganon is laughing.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Rofl amen to that Guini.

Tip I'll admit I haven't used it practically yet but I have been playing around with it quite a bit.

PaperstSoapCo

Smash Lord
Tommy, I tried the FoD thing you mentioned like 90000000 times. No luck. The only ones I can do are the windmill and the cloud.

The platforms on peaches castle should work too haha
Oh, I just wanted to test on FoD. I don't have a copy of Melee here so I was just brainstorming when I mentioned that. I was thinking of something like upsmash under the platform so it hops you on it. You've done that before right? Well, do that under the very edge of the platform and see if it cancels into his ledge balancing animation. Again, haven't tried this at all but if I had my Melee I wouldn't be posting on flawed techs.

Ace me neither but I found it to scare opponents when you're waiting by the edge of the platform as they recover. Only common uses I found was bait fair to double jump platform dash. Very useful no matter which direction you platform dash. Makes you look unpredictable till you catch a double fair on you non-teching opponent. :uzi:

Эикельманн [РУС]

Banned via Administration
Oh, I just wanted to test on FoD. I don't have a copy of Melee here so I was just brainstorming when I mentioned that. I was thinking of something like upsmash under the platform so it hops you on it. You've done that before right? Well, do that under the very edge of the platform and see if it cancels into his ledge balancing animation. Again, haven't tried this at all but if I had my Melee I wouldn't be posting on flawed techs.

Ace me neither but I found it to scare opponents when you're waiting by the edge of the platform as they recover. Only common uses I found was bait fair to double jump platform dash. Very useful no matter which direction you platform dash. Makes you look unpredictable till you catch a double fair on you non-teching opponent. :uzi:
Yeah, i know. but it didnt seem to work for whatever reason

Renth

Smash Hero
try taunt canceling on the teeter totter thingy on rainbow cruise with ganon. it's priceless, constant laughing and spinning if you do it right lol
Also known as super taunt canceling, the most amusing thing i've seen do it with kirby

PaperstSoapCo

Smash Lord
It's edge canceling bair into bair, bair. It's a tech on battle field you do by rolling to one end of the platform towards the egde. Then just fall through and hold towards the edge and do any aerial. You'll get an edge cancel aerial every time. Hence three bairs or any combination of aerials you want. You can also edge cancel the first aerial and just double jump and plat dash. It looks real fast since you suffer such little lag and your double jump is a one frame jump. It's a pretty cool trick.

RestInPeace

Smash Ace
Wow. I've worked on getting 100% edge cancels before, like tricks to do it (not just practice and familiarity). That's a really fun tech.

spider_sense

Smash Champion
I just discovered a new easy cancel trick, and it's fairly simple too. Go to dreamland and run off and the split second right after Ganon falls, side-b back to the level, and hold down it'll make Ganon fast fall for an easy block, this tech is for mindgames though.

TemPesT-

Smash Lord
Also known as super taunt canceling, the most amusing thing i've seen do it with kirby
ya, i find ganons more amusing then kirby's but they are both pretty cool :laugh:

i think if you do it with kirby you have to DI towards the center of the teeter totter or he'll fall off eventually.

Renth

Smash Hero
all ganons need to learn how to cancel an aerial down b. POSSIBLE?
not sure if it is possible, I've nailed ledges with it many times but its never canceled. Nice to see you chatting on the ganon forums skrach :)

skrach8

Smash Lord
ganon is a beast. wish i could main such powahhh. also, ganon dtilt is soooo sick..... i was playin my friends marth... and sometimes he likes to go fair crazy so i like to dtilt to fsmash...its a nice little setup. but he doesnt really main marth so i guess it wouldnt work on anybody else.

Top Bottom