• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ganon and brawl+

MoblinMan

Smash Apprentice
I had a few questions regarding the 'dorf in Brawl Plus.

Providing I made this thread is in the correct place, here is my main question..

Dair. Thunderstorming. It is still useful in brawl+? If yes, how?

It seems it would be. The whole move seems to take about as long as a melee styled SHFFL with the Dair. However there is no landing lag due to the autocancel. So how come in all the brawl+ videos I've seen all the ganon does is the latter form of the Dair?

Can anyone who has played Brawl+ give some insight? Thunderstorming is fairly awesome and I want to know how much the 'Dorf's playing style changes in the transition as well.

In short, why doesn't anyone Thunderstorm in brawl+? Feel free to discuss anything else regarding ganon's game in the hacked version of brawl too. (Again, provided that it is allowed due to the non-existence of character specific boards for brawl+)

TP

Smash Master
You can't thunderstorm in Brawl+, last time I checked. Increased gravity/fall speed ruins it.

I played Brawl+ once and didn't like it.

:034:

Smash Hero
Thunderstorming is the lagless dair. Performing dair laglessy is ALWAYS useful, period.

I haven't played the most recent version of BrawlPlus, but added hitstun is just too good. Honestly, the combo's get even crazier.

MoblinMan

Smash Apprentice
So do you use AC dair for your combos Dutchman? like, do you get to the up air or start the up smash or whatever faster than, or slower than, the 'dorf that's L canceling the fast fall lag?

I didn't even think about increased gravity, that would definitely have something to do with...something.

Smash Hero
Depending on character size, weight and fall speed I usually make my decision instantly... Huge characters can be hit with triple dair, even in Vanilla Brawl. Usually, after a dair I'll either go for a second dair, an usmash, or simply a uair.

Wouldn't know about L-cancelled dair though... Then, uair would be the most legit choice, but also the least terrifying and least damaging. The version of BrawlPlus I used could still use Ganon's AC dair, so I guess it didn't matter to me much. AC dair is just a lot more useful than an L-cancelled dair, since no lag is just plain better than lag.

I haven't played the most recent versions... I wish Paprika Killer would hurry up the PAL codeset.

MoblinMan

Smash Apprentice
That sounds awesome FD. Must have just been my experience with it then. I really do need to get my hands on it. It's just given that Ganon is much more beast with hitstun. Nowadays I can never get off a second Dair in vanilla brawl, even on WiFi. I always get Nair'd out of it almost immediately if I attempt it.

Instead I just Dair --> back up a bit to F smash their landing lag on it, but it still would be great to have staple combos. especially ones that you can tech chase off of.

waldorf2007

Smash Ace
NNID
Waldorf2007
in the recent version of Brawl+, they made it so you can dair without fastfalling. you can ALWAYS recover easily if you do it right and use the c-stick for your dair. honestly you feel a lot better with it. thunderstorming is quite hard now in my opinion but the hitstun makes it work dutchman, maybe. I play against foxy pretty often and ganon can get two or three now.

shanus

Smash Hero
Every character has their own optimized SH, FH, FF, and gravity settings in Brawl+. Thunderstorming is still possible and still very useful. Ganondorf is amazing in Brawl+ and played brilliantly. His jab is sped up 1.7x and the recent implementation of ground speed to aerial momentum gives him a much better approach as well. Ganon plays very very very well in Brawl+ and is a very fun character to play as, as well as having a lot more viability & tournament potential.

Also Moblin, how about a double fair to a dair ;-), or a dair SH chokecide?

Give it a whirl, I'm sure you'll get hooked. If you have any questions, I'm a member of the Brawl+ Back Room located here on smashboards and I'd be glad to entertain any questions. Feel free to pm me or post in this thread (I'll be checking it from time to time).

Smash Hero
That's all nice and good, but if you'd just get me PAL codes I could actually participate in it as well. >_>

shanus

Smash Hero
Hitstun is less now, but he plays a lot better than before strip ;-)

MoblinMan

Smash Apprentice
I made arrangements with a friend of mine and I'm now going over to play brawl+ on my friend's hacked wii later today.

He likes regular brawl better though, so who knows what codes he's using. yes you zajice :p

It sounds like it could be the high gravity code that is turning a lot of people away from brawl+, but that's just me. and it doesn't even look like it's an accepted code, is it?

shanus

Smash Hero
We use character specific gravity codes, so each character plays AMAZING and exactly like they should. Tell him to use the Brawl Plussery Beta 3.2 (obvious thread in the Smash workshop). Im sure you'll be pleased

Top Bottom