• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gannondorf Alternative Suits

Daniel Varela

Smash Rookie
I thInk a very good costume for Ganndorf would be the Phantom Gannondorf costume from Ocarina of Time. The Skull mask just makes it that much more better and it would be an attention grabber for damn sure.

Arkhamael

Smash Apprentice
I actually did see images of a Phantom Ganon skin in the WIP Workshop in Brawl Vault. I haven't heard anything about it in a whole though. More than two months, I believe.

500YearOldGrandpa

Smash Cadet
I actually did see images of a Phantom Ganon skin in the WIP Workshop in Brawl Vault. I haven't heard anything about it in a whole though. More than two months, I believe.
! Ah yeah, that was me. It's still coming, just haven't touched it in a while since it was christmas and also I got tired of slamming my head up against Brawlbox/rigging.

Here's sum snaps for those who didn't see it

It's mostly done, just need to polish all the textures and fix a few fiddly bits/shaders or something I can't get working. If somebody is pro at this and thinks they can take a look at it let me know. I'd like to move on and don't want to get held up just cause I can't get my head around BrawlBox.

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
what kinda stuff do u need help with btw? I can do some things with models, perhaps i can help

HypnotizeOverdrive

Smash Ace
NNID
HypnoOverdrive
! Ah yeah, that was me. It's still coming, just haven't touched it in a while since it was christmas and also I got tired of slamming my head up against Brawlbox/rigging.

It's mostly done, just need to polish all the textures and fix a few fiddly bits/shaders or something I can't get working. If somebody is pro at this and thinks they can take a look at it let me know. I'd like to move on and don't want to get held up just cause I can't get my head around BrawlBox.
Welp. Now I have to buy new pairs of pants. Not just ONE pair. MANY pairs.

Shane Lee Shin

Smash Apprentice

I think having Agahnim as an alternate to Ganondorf would be amazing. His Green and Red costumes, and perhaps even a blue one. Apparently, Agahnim is his alter ego (Ganon's. This crap is kinda confusing). At least a costume based on this concept would be cool.

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
An agahnim costume wouldn't be a bad idea either. It might be hard cause of his cloak though. They won't be able to give it proper physics so it'll look ********.

I wana see a better demise hack. The one existing now is good, but it's lower quality, and his hair could use some texture animations

Shane Lee Shin

Smash Apprentice
I can see why that would be a problem. Maybe Agahnim's get-up could be altered to fit Ganondorf's style a little more. Perhaps a thinner... umm... robe or whatever, take off some of the bagginess. The cape could work in to fit Agahnim's robe pretty well, I think. I guess stylize Agahnim's robe for Ganon.

Last edited:

500YearOldGrandpa

Smash Cadet
what kinda stuff do u need help with btw? I can do some things with models, perhaps i can help
As far as I can remember the main thing was a couple of objects were showing up a weird (one was too bright, and the other looked like this) They were both on the same texture as the body but with their own materials and shaders, only difference was they were single bound but not rigged. I sat down with another file that had the same materials and shaders working on the right kind of object and made everything exactly the same in my file, but I still couldn't get them to show.

Other than that there was some bad rigging around the shoulders, but at least I can tell when I'm heading in the right direction with that.

Agahnim would be cool, shame robes are out of the question. I guess you'd probably have to give him Arabic puffy genie pants and sleeves or something and it might still have the same look to it.

Last edited:

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
As far as I can remember the main thing was a couple of objects were showing up a weird (one was too bright, and the other looked like this) They were both on the same texture as the body but with their own materials and shaders, only difference was they were single bound but not rigged. I sat down with another file that had the same materials and shaders working on the right kind of object and made everything exactly the same in my file, but I still couldn't get them to show.

Other than that there was some bad rigging around the shoulders, but at least I can tell when I'm heading in the right direction with that.

Agahnim would be cool, shame robes are out of the question. I guess you'd probably have to give him Arabic puffy genie pants and sleeves or something and it might still have the same look to it.
I'm not seeing what looks wrong in that picture. Am I missing something? Lol
And what u mean too bright? Can u send me a copy of the model up to now?

oscuritadell

Smash Rookie

While I was making my custom PM build I was really distraught by the fact that there was no good phantom ganon model out there. That being said, this looks beautiful and I need it in my life.

HypnotizeOverdrive

Smash Ace
NNID
HypnoOverdrive
While I was making my custom PM build I was really distraught by the fact that there was no good phantom ganon model out there. That being said, this looks beautiful and I need it in my life.
I agree with this, and the wait for it is killing me, but in no way should @ 500YearOldGrandpa 500YearOldGrandpa rush to finish it if there's issues. I'm just extremely eager for the alt as well.

DocStrange

Smash Apprentice
@ 500YearOldGrandpa 500YearOldGrandpa , if you're still having trouble with the headpiece, I would suggest uploading it to the vault anyway. Not only is the hack stellar as is, it would put it in front of a much larger audience of developers who could potentially fix the issue.

Also I just really really want it...

500YearOldGrandpa

Smash Cadet
So today I sat around like a ****ing chump pissing about with Brawlbox again for like two god damn hours trying to fix those problems and nothing was working. It wasn't normals, wasn't shaders, wasn't materials, wasn't UVs, texture format, whatever.
But then I thought "hey wait a minute, wasn't the whole point of doing this whole brawl modding caper so I could learn to model and texture?"
So I deleted the **** out of it and made a new model and texture :4dk:
It felt pretty good :dkmelee:
I made it a bit different than the last one because why not

And it took like fragment of the time that I spent pissing into the wind with Brawlbox today (and not to mention all other days), so time well spent!
I have no idea what was up with that last model, I tried literally everything under the sun. My only explanation is that it was cursed by a ghost

Soooo shouldn't be long now. Just some texture stuff and some other little bits and pieces and I'll finally be freeeee

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
Hey good job man! looks perfect now!

If you're up to it, i think u should eventually try making a model of that TP concept art :p

oscuritadell

Smash Rookie
When this drops I'll shed manly tears of joy and proceed to stomp my friends into oblivion as Phantom Ganon himself. Your model is phenomenal.

Giuseppe91

Smash Rookie
Also, has anyone heard anything about a Hyrule warriors costume. I seen someone had started to make one, and another where someone ripped the model, but nothing since on either. Really looking forward to this phantom Ganon too

Arkhamael

Smash Apprentice
Also, has anyone heard anything about a Hyrule warriors costume. I seen someone had started to make one, and another where someone ripped the model, but nothing since on either. Really looking forward to this phantom Ganon too
The first time someone mentioned making a HW Ganon, it was KingSkull95.

No offense to him, but I've lost faith in that.

Then, there was someone on the WIP Workshop who had a ripped model and was in the process of making it a mod, but it's been a while. A month, I believe.

The most recent mention of a HW mod is by Iwantgames. He recently made a poll for which HW character gets the mod treatment after Link was finished, and Ganon's apparently winning. So far, Iwantgames is the most trustworthy, in my opinion, since his work on HW Link is AWESOME so far.

500YearOldGrandpa

Smash Cadet
I'm sure Iwantgames will come through on that. And he seems to have very high quality standards, so I'm sure it'll be very good too.

Also I polished off the textures to the point where they're releasable, fixed the shaders, and made two alts, and the only thing left to be done is some filesize nonsense after I added the metal box materials.
Also my RAM died on my main computer. So it'll be another few days. :4dk:

here pic tho

OoT style short cape version

Windwaker color scheme/more phantomy looking/'just stick sum EZ rimlights on it and see what it looks like oh that ain't too bad I guess I'll release it too if someone wants it' version

oscuritadell

Smash Rookie
I'm sure Iwantgames will come through on that. And he seems to have very high quality standards, so I'm sure it'll be very good too.

Also I polished off the textures to the point where they're releasable, fixed the shaders, and made two alts, and the only thing left to be done is some filesize nonsense after I added the metal box materials.
Also my RAM died on my main computer. So it'll be another few days. :4dk:

here pic tho

OoT style short cape version

Windwaker color scheme/more phantomy looking/'just stick sum EZ rimlights on it and see what it looks like oh that ain't too bad I guess I'll release it too if someone wants it' version
And you somehow managed to make things even better. I love small nods to other characters in an alt so that WW rimlight is perfect. Also really digging the short cape one since it's closer to the OoT model. How do you possibly expect me to wait a few days when I'm about to burst from excitement?

Last edited:

drogoth232

Smash Lord
Mind if you shoot the file over to me?

Want to see if I can reduce the file size a bit.

500YearOldGrandpa

Smash Cadet

It's out!

Lemme know if it's busted or anything cause I wasn't able to test it on a Wii. Might do a few touch-ups later when I have more time, but for now it's done. Enjoy!

Last edited:

cramazzratazz

Smash Apprentice
in short; they all play just fine on my end
in length, holy hell what a simple yet astoundingly brilliant new costume. superb. loved the WW style one

Luis Alonso

Smash Journeyman
If you don't mind me, I took the liberty of creating the Battle Portraits for you. I also renamed the CSPs so that the BPs and the CSPs names coincided with each other (so as to not cause any confusion).

Unfortunately I do not have the skill yet to create CSSs. One day I will. For now, you'll just have to deal with Ganondorf's normal, ugly mug.

Here's the link. Hope you guys enjoy. If you did incorporate the BPs into the original file, I'll delete the dropbox.

Of course, credits go to @ 500YearOldGrandpa 500YearOldGrandpa for the phenomenal texture hack. Splendid job.

drogoth232

Smash Lord

It's out!

Lemme know if it's busted or anything cause I wasn't able to test it on a Wii. Might do a few touch-ups later when I have more time, but for now it's done. Enjoy!
Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice!

If you don't mind, I'd love to include a DL of this if I ever get my OoT Ganon out!

I'd collab you ofcourse!

And I'll see if I can reduce some polys on the model so he won't crash with the moveset.

Top Bottom