• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gaming Demographic survey study

LimewireSSB

Smash Rookie
I've posted this in Light House, but I thought I'd share in here as well.

Hi, I'm a former TO from NorCal who's finally decided to finally post on Smashboards. While I haven’t been around as much as I used to be, I still try to be involved as much as I can, with my latest effort being the 6th NorCal Melee Arcadian, where best PM player in the world ThunderZReigN has been allowed to enter for the past 3 years and has made top 8 at 2 of them. Here's him beating Puff with Melee DK. I guess the most important tournament I've worked on was a local that took place right before Genesis 3 in 2016, which gave us the first glimpse of players such as Ranai and Komorikiri playing outside of Japan for the first time. Grand finals of that event can be found here btw. I'm not really too active in the scene anymore ever since I started pharmacy school, which has been a major accomplishment for me.

Just recently, I've started to conduct a web-based research survey. It is designed to help health care providers and esports organizers understand trends in gaming behavior and performance-enhancing products/supplements used by professional players, enthusiasts, and recreational gamers. The results of this study will help future research and education on the topics of the gamer population, gaming behaviors, and medication/nutritional supplementation. We encourage everyone who exercises (even those who don’t take supplements) to participate. Please help our research and take a few minutes to fill out our completely anonymous survey here, and if you feel so inclined to share on Twitter, a tweet containing the survey link can be found here. Any and all input/help is much appreciated. Thank you for you time.

Emil Urbano, PharmD candidate
Touro University California
emilpaul.urbano@tu.edu

PS: if you're looking to start a scene, especially at a college/university, my inbox/Twitter is open to any and all questions about that as well.

LimewireSSB

Smash Rookie
If you've taken the survey already, then I thank you for your participation.

If not, I would greatly appreciate if you took ~10-15 minutes out of your day to do so. Thank you!

LimewireSSB

Smash Rookie
Hi, been a while. All this E3 stuff has been super exciting and I got majorly distracted. I also started going to tournaments again for the first time in a few years, which has been exciting too.

We've somehow surpassed 500 participants for this survey, which is amazing. My team is still looking for more input to help our data set be more well-rounded. It's still not too late to take our survey, and all you need is to be at least 18 years old and have played some amount of video games within the past year.

You can take it here: https://tuc.co1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_ba5y2FXCFgWgu7X.

Thanks to everyone that has taken it so far, your input has been much appreciated.

MintDice

Smash Rookie
Done, hope that helps. Are you going to publish your results here when you are done? I always like reading about the latest tech/research involved with gaming.

Top Bottom