• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gaming computer help!

arf

Smash Rookie
Okokok, so let's work this out step by step. You did make sure that your power supply would be able to handle the new card, right? If your PSU can't handle the power draw from the card, there's a risk of you frying your whole system.

arf

Smash Rookie
Actually, I think you did fine with the calculations. Didn't mean to scare you, just wanted you to know the risk (it happened to me before, nearly lost a lot of hardware because of it x_x).

So drivers may still be an issue, though it seems a constant theme here is rendering web stuffs (since the first thing Steam does when it starts is open its web browser). Since you say the issues still persist with the 460GTX, could you try opening the same pages you were before in Internet Explorer? Try watching a video on Youtube and see if it'll play correctly.

arf

Smash Rookie
I don't know why all my drivers have gone and abandoned ship...

I've found that Adobe crashed for EVERYTHING now...
I'm uninstalling everything and reinstalling as I type...

I hope I can get something out of that 570GTX one of the Video Outs put's out a screen with pink tint while the other's fine...
I mean. I got it for a good price. I just don't know why it went and blew everything up in it's wake...
One of the video outs gives a pink screen? Whoooohhhh now, that's starting to sound more like a hardware issue. Are you running dual monitors on it or just one?

And that really sucks that it freaked out Adobe like that. When you installed the driver, was it from a website or the CD that came with the card?

arf

Smash Rookie
Straight from the Nvidia website
Just one monitor so it's not that big of an issue...
I'll be contacting the seller about the damages and getting some sort of refund...

I guess I just freaked because I didn't want to fry my stuff...

I'm installing Shockwave now
That's really weird that a driver straight from the manufacturer would cause other things to go haywire like that.

Hope the reinstall goes smoothly for you. If it does, you could always try again with the new card, but I wouldn't blame you if you were against it.

Or you could wait until the morning and see if anyone else has a second opinion about all this, it's up to you. Sorry you had to go through all that trouble though.

Top Bottom