• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gameware Monthly (Brawl) 4 - Baton Rouge, La. 9/19/08

FakeGeorge

Smash Journeyman
Friday, September 19th

At 6:00 pm show up and register - around 7:00pm we'll start.

Basically the same rules, but there will be a few small changes.

First off, I still wanna do teams, but I don't know whether first is good or not. I think some people had to go right after Singles started. It seemed like it was a waste of their time/ money. Then again, we had 24 enter teams and about 30 in Singles. So most players did teams and Singles. What do people think??

-Show up at 6:00pm
-Singles and Teams
-$5 Singles / $10 per team
-3 stock; 7:00 (ties by percent/stock)
-1v1; no items; best 2/3
-team attack on for Teams
-60/30/10 cash split
-Bring your own controller (and stool/chair if you want one)
-advanced slob picks
-Stage striking for first pick (players may agree on a stage or random)
-Stage bans: each player may ban one stage after stage striking occurs
-Dave's stupid rule: no stage may be played more than once in a set

STAGE STRIKING:

We will use STAGE STRIKING to start the set. NOT RANDOM. Basically, Player A chooses one stage from the Starter list that he doesn't want to play. Player B picks a stage he doesn't want from the remaining list. Players A & B alternate until only one stage is left. This is the stage for the first match.

Stage List
------------
Starter:
Lylat, FD, Battlefield, Smashville, Yoshi's, Delfino, Castle Siege

Counterpick:
Halberd, Brinstar, PS1, Frigate, Rainbow Cruise, PS2, Pictochat, Norfair, Corneria (Teams only), Jungle Japes, and Pirate Ship

Banned:
The rest

I liked having 8 TVs. I'll have mine for sure. There are already 2 TVs at Gameware, plus Stephen has one. That's four TVs and two Wiis already. Any volunteers?

Top Bottom